TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Not having a good college basketball game this year is disappointing. EA hasn't been able to make a strong college basketball game in years and them being the lone one is devastating to college hoops fans. I'm playing the copy of NCAA College Hoops 2k8 and it's a shame.

Phantasmagoria 2 was actually one of the better FMV point and click games.

....nowhere NEAR the level of Gabriel Knight 2, that stands all alone as the clear king, but......decent.

Guest Smues
Phantasmagoria 2 was actually one of the better FMV point and click games.

Which tells you how bad FMV point and click games were in general. So far playing P2 you could rename it "Microsoft Cubicle Simulator" and have a more accurate title. I like how every time I click to go some where we get to watch the guy wobble his way over there. Every time, for every movement. Thanks game, I didn't trust that he actually opened those doors himself without seeing visual evidence.

I hate Mister Mosquito's controls. Playing that game is like trying to bowl with your elbows, all I could do was run into things and fly around the girl's crotch.

Blockbuster is going to start renting games online through their Online DVD rental program. Im not sure if Im going to opt in or not if theres a price increase. For $20 a month I've been grandfathered into their plan with 3 DVD rentals out plus unlimited returns in store and 2 free rental coupons that can be used on games in store as well (this same plan now is like $30 and I dont think the coupons are good on games with newer plans). their new games plan would allow online rental of games plus returning the games to the store for 1/2 price game rentals. It would make more sense for me to continue to rent games free for a week I think but I'll wait and see the complete details whenever it comes out.

So I'm really looking for a good FPS fix and I'm thinking about picking up Left 4 Dead off of Steam for the PC tonight. I have about 50 hours punched in on Team Fortress 2, so I'm well accustomed to online FPS's. I've seen a lot of people praise the game up, but is it really that good? I just don't want to sink 50 bucks on a game that I won't touch after a week, that's all.

It gets really, really repetitive after a while and if you play with people that won't work together it's not a good online experience. If you are good with the scoped rifle you can just stand in one spot and pop heads to your heart's content. The atmosphere is nice, but there is absolutely no story. The online mode is the only way to play the game; single player is just basically....there.

Sega need to sort their production/distribution shit out.

Alien: Coloniel Marines (which has had very little info released) was scheduled for an early 2009 release, has now been pushed back to 'whenever' in favour for a NEW AvP game. The game is being developed by Rebellion, who did the first AvP, so it could be interesting.

Still NO info on the Alien RPG, other then the its penned in for development.

Blockbuster is going to start renting games online through their Online DVD rental program. Im not sure if Im going to opt in or not if theres a price increase. For $20 a month I've been grandfathered into their plan with 3 DVD rentals out plus unlimited returns in store and 2 free rental coupons that can be used on games in store as well (this same plan now is like $30 and I dont think the coupons are good on games with newer plans). their new games plan would allow online rental of games plus returning the games to the store for 1/2 price game rentals. It would make more sense for me to continue to rent games free for a week I think but I'll wait and see the complete details whenever it comes out.

Does Blockbuster have instant viewing like netflix?

Alien: Coloniel Marines (which has had very little info released) was scheduled for an early 2009 release, has now been pushed back to 'whenever' in favour for a NEW AvP game. The game is being developed by Rebellion, who did the first AvP, so it could be interesting.

Alien: Colonial Marines is officially pissing me off. The original PS2 game gets canned because of dumb shit. Then when it is revived, giving a full recreation face lift and looking awesome...it hits the same god damn wall in favor of another AvP game which are usually extremely lackluster sadly.

Damn game is turning into a curse.

Alien: Colonial Marines is officially pissing me off. The original PS2 game gets canned because of dumb shit. Then when it is revived, giving a full recreation face lift and looking awesome...it hits the same god damn wall in favor of another AvP game which are usually extremely lackluster sadly.

Damn game is turning into a curse.

Giving the success of the COD franchise, and other squad based army games, on 'next gen' console base, it seems stupid to palm off Alien: CM (which has had a strong internet support) for an old IP.

I'm a little excited for an AvP game, though I preferred AvP2 over AvP. AvP was a bit bulky and aged badly. Storyline was poor and not very driven. Chances are there's some AvP landmark next year (or a new film) that they want to cash tie in with.

SO I bought Left 4 Dead off Steam last night. I'm digging it so far. The only thing I've noticed is that if you are going to play online, you almost need to set aside a chunk of time since the games seem to consume a fair amount of time. Not that I'm really complaining...just an observation

~45 minutes per Campaign, and double that for Versus seems to be the average. Goes up or down based on difficulty and the skill of your group, obviously (I'm on normal in PUGs)

So... anyone play PC games around here? Anyone getting Empire Total War?

I play almost exclusively PC games, but I think I've gotten a little behind. I just beat Call of Duty 4 on Hardened this afternoon. I tried playing on Veteran, but it was just too hard to be enjoyable. Is Empire: Total War a real-time strategy game, because I really suck at those. Even so, I'll probably give Red Alert 3 a chance later on this week. I've always had a soft spot for the cheesy acting and revisionist history/alternate futures crap they do.

Only the battles are real time, and there's no base building. The rest of the game happens on a turn based strategy map.

Red Alert 3 isn't anything special in terms of new features, updated engine or excellent graphics, but it's got a lot of character. I mostly just look forward to the cut scenes and briefings for each mission.

I've always wanted to play Chrono Cross, so got it from Goozex today and popped it in tonight. After playing the forty minutes it took me to get to the part where your have to chase down all the komodo dragon things without thinking to save, my character fell off of a ledge and got stuck on.... something. I'm not sure what, but he could spin around, but couldn't move. I'm going to have to start over. I'm a little upset, so it'll be a little while before I can even look at that game again.

I recently went on YouTube, and got a look at Super Mario Advanced. Does anyone know what the whole concept/backstory behind Super Mario Advanced is?

If you mean the series of Game Boy Advance titles, they're basically re-releases of old Mario games.

Super Mario Advance = Super Mario Bros. 2 & Mario Bros.

SMA2 = Super Mario World & Mario Bros. (again, maybe?)

SMA3 = Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island & Mario Bros.

SMA4 = Super Mario Bros. 3

I've always wanted to play Chrono Cross, so got it from Goozex today and popped it in tonight. After playing the forty minutes it took me to get to the part where your have to chase down all the komodo dragon things without thinking to save, my character fell off of a ledge and got stuck on.... something. I'm not sure what, but he could spin around, but couldn't move. I'm going to have to start over. I'm a little upset, so it'll be a little while before I can even look at that game again.

I get that way like if I get very far in to a game without saving and say the power goes out or blinks...it'll take me a good week or so before I feel like going through all that shit again.

I watched a random episode of the Saturday morning Sonic (which I ironically missed on a weekday morning because of school) via YouTube the other day. I don't think I can go back to Scratch and Grounder.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog struck me at the result of the writers getting high and watching too much Bugs Bunny, then trying to stretch and squeeze what material they could to fill a half-hour. Sonic even seemed to like to dress in drag quite a bit.

"That's no good!" was hilarious, though. I actually remember what episode that was attached to--Sonic had the hots for a robot 'hog chick Robotnik made. I guess I can kind of see the vague connection...but if they were going for a moral, I thought it would be DON'T...DATE...ROBOTS!

I'd be real surprised if the UPN Sonic cartoon didn't get cancelled before Sonic SatAM did. Sonic SatAM constantly kicked Adventures Of Sonic's ass on so many different levels, it wasn't even funny.