TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I believe the weekday series (which existed before UPN did) was simply a 65 episode syndication order as per the standard of Monday to Friday cartoons. Even though no new episodes were made, it stuck around in reruns for a few years.

I believe the weekday series (which existed before UPN did) was simply a 65 episode syndication order as per the standard of Monday to Friday cartoons. Even though no new episodes were made, it stuck around in reruns for a few years.

I never saw it when it originally aired. I saw bits and pieces afterwards in reruns. Shame, probably would have liked it.

Jim Cummings (using his "evil bastard" voice) automatically makes it better than almost any video game cartoon ever, though. It's clear they actually had a decent voice casting budget and director, though. There's a lot of Disney and veteran VAs on the cast (I immediately recognized Cummings, Rob Paulsen and Christine Cavanaugh, plus they have Michael Bell, Cree Summer, Kath Soucie, and Jason Marsden).

Shame that furries had to ruin everything. :P

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/get-beyond-g...withcheese/946/

Buy Canadian cheese, get Beyond Good & Evil free. :headbang:

Fuck, thats pretty sad. Sure, the game is pretty old now and did fairly poorly sales wise, but now they are practically giving it away. Still, it's an awesome steal for anyone who has never played the game before.

California's video game law ruled unconstitutional

(Reuters) – A U.S. appeals court ruled Friday that a California law restricting the sales and rental of violent video games to minors and imposing labeling requirements is too restrictive and violates free speech guarantees.

The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found that the labeling requirement unfairly forces video games to carry "the state's controversial opinion" about which games are violent.

The unanimous opinion by a three-judge panel could have a far-reaching impact on efforts by other states to establish mandatory video game labeling requirements.

The court upheld a lower court finding that California lawmakers failed to produce evidence that violent video games cause psychological or neurological harm to children.

"Even if it did, the Act is not narrowly tailored to prevent that harm and there remain less restrictive means of forwarding the state's purported interests," the court wrote.

Those alternative measures include the voluntary ratings system established by the Entertainment Software Rating Board, educational campaigns and parental controls, the court said.

State Sen. Leland Yee, the author of the legislation, said he will urge California Attorney General Jerry Brown to appeal the court's ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I've always contended that the ... law the governor signed was a good one for protecting children from the harm from playing these ultra-violent video games," Yee told Reuters. "I've always felt it would end up in the Supreme Court."

Bo Andersen, president and chief executive of the Entertainment Merchants Association, said the ruling vindicates his group's position that "ratings education, retailer ratings enforcement, and control of game play by parents are the appropriate responses to concerns about video game content."

Andersen and Michael Gallagher, president and CEO of the Entertainment Software Association, urged the state to abandon any further appeals of the case.

"This is a clear signal that in California and across the country, the reckless pursuit of anti-video game legislation like this is an exercise in wasting taxpayer money, government time and state resources," Gallagher said in a statement.

The 2005 law, which requires games described as violent to carry an "18" label, has been contested by video game publishers, distributors and sellers.

A lower court had barred the law from taking effect in 2006, and later invalidated it. The state appealed that case, titled Video Software Dealers Association v. Arnold Schwarzenegger (CV-05-04188), last October.

Hahah! This game is awesome! I love the way he raises his arms in triumph when he shits... even if it's not in the toilet.

Alright, last night, i felt like writing and wrote a little something for a gaming board I go to. I figure I'll show it to ya'll too. If ya'll think it's any good, I'll make separate topic and start doing every week or so. I've had a writing itch lately, and I haven't known what to do with it till now.

--------------

Looking back...

...there was only one game that I could play with my dad without him calling it a something kiddy, saying it's all me, that he couldn't do it, and walk away hoping that there was a good western on tonight. And kids, that game would be the NES version of a little arcade shooter called Cabal. It's not a well-known game, but I'm sure most of have heard of it before. If you haven't, contact your local library or Wikipedia, whichever is quicker to get to. And if you're really lazy and hope I will have picture of video representations of what the hell I'm talking about... you're in luck. Damn.

That ladies and gentlemen, is a game. Aaaah, why can't I be young and not have to worry about insurance and apartment rent payments? So basically, this game is all about shooting shit up. No hiding behind buildings with camo built into your outfit and waiting for something called a Frog to walk by. Nope, you shoot the shit out of little green people that look like Army Men if they had flexibility, movement, and better personalities than any of the Jebus forsaken Army Men games. On a side note, my roommate has one of those Army Men games, and I can't tell you how many times I want to toss that shit out of the window to see if any of those loud fucking ducks near the pond will be retarded and think it's edible. That'll solve lots of problems right there.

So you're shooting all sorts of green people, tanks, jeeps, and helicopters that all have one mission and that is to blow you up into an unidentified level of hell. Could be 3-5, I don't know. Along the way, we change up the colors a bit and have guys in gray run out trying to toss bombs out you, but you can take them out and watch some medics who look like they're running with a fire pole up their ass come and take them away. But they only take the gray ones away. What did they do to deserve special treatment and something to wear besides green? Did they get shot in the buttock or something? Also, you will have to deal with bombers dropping either very heavy shells, or...um... what do bombers drop? Oh yeah, BOMBS on you. And if THAT wasn't enough, soldiers can creep out of the water and shoot at you on several levels too. My God, what the hell did you do to have the entire country of Vietnam and some unnamed country in the Middle East wanting to kill you dead?

So what do you have that will protect you against this insanity? A gun, some grenades, a couple of power-ups, a few walls here and there, and a hailmary full of grace that you can survive since the walls are seemingly made of cardboard and will collapse in no time. This thing is like Space Invaders if your cover in Space Invaders was your blanket that you were tucked in at night with. But that's ok, cause the game is a blasty blast to just run around like a damn banshee just shooting anything in sight no matter how many times you see the same death animation over and over. It's just KILL THE GREEN/SOMETIMES GREY PEOPLE! NO MERCY! Don't worry about minimizing civilian casualties in this one. It's fair game to blow anything up, and I do mean anything. Planes, copters, and the ingredients for Soylent Green aren't the only thing that can get shot up. Just like your wall that's probably made up of notebook paper, nearly everything on the screen can be destroyed. Walls, towers, buildings, fighter planes, and even freaking caves later on. You can destroy a cave in a hail of bullets. If we had that logic today, catching Osama Bin Laden would be so much easier. "Come out now Osama, or I will shoot multiple bullets into all caves I come across and you will probably die at some point!" And in a moment that I can't believe was missed because at one time, Nintendo was actually anal about anything that was put in the games that were made for their system, there is a church on here, complete with holy cross that can be BLOWN OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH! Don't believe me? With the power of the youtube and this Sogeking fella, here is the proof.

And now that you know something that you will probably forget after you decide to google cosplay pictures of Cammy, let's continue on by letting you know this game has 20 stages of good ol shooting shit up fun. Me and my dad would just sit around and play it all the time going through the game wondering if we were ever gonna see that final boss. Before that though, we had to through a whole bunch of nice, challenging stages with a celebration dance at the end that makes the Macarena look borderline genius in every shape and form. It looks like someone stuck a rabid squirrel down their pants and starts trying to dance. And then somehow, they were going forward while doing this too. That's 20 rabid squirrel dances (40 if it's 2 player) that you had to see to beat this game. The bosses were pretty fun, and it actually changed up the music, which I'm sad to say is the major flaw here. It's the same pretty bland, just there music for every level except when you take on a boss. When it's boss time kiddos, you get some music with character and business just picks up. Unfortunately, you go back to the same eh music after that's over. But that's alright, cause you're still laughing at the boss of level 3, which is basically a 18 wheeler dropping off what looks to be giant dryer machines that you see at your local laundromat in the bad part of your neighborhood and it SHOOTS BULLETS AT YOU! Where can I get one of those? I'm willing to bargain, bargain, bargain!

The final boss feels tacked on and not like a real boss, but I was willing to overlook that cause I was about 7 at the time. Today, it looks kinda silly, but back then Rare had me hook line and sinker like they would years later when they put out Goldeneye 007 and make me their bitch until they ran off to Microsoft like the Baltimore Colts leaving for Indianapolis in the middle of the night. That was a damn long sentence, but I think you understand where I'm coming from. Bottom line, this game was a big part of my childhood, probably more than any of the Zeldas, Metroids, and Pits of the world. Mario would always reign supreme in my mind of course, but I digress and move on back to telling you that this was an excellent game for me as a kid. It doesn't hold up as well as I was hoping, but that's probably cause I'm only playing one player and it's more fun to play it with another fellow master of war who is willing to the rabid squirrel dance 20 times with you until you beat this game and get that high score you dream of every night. But I think it's at least worth one play and it isn't going to a waste of your time. Looking back... Cabal was a game that brought together my dad and I better than any other game and helped in leading me down the path towards video game obsession. Thanks you little green bastards!

Not really a video game thing per say, but why not:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...ic-the-hedgehog

Its a pity that the show ended on a cliffhanger. It's also a pity that Knuckles (my personal favorite) was not thought of at the time of this series.

Just to clear up something about the ending of this show, you know who those eyes at the end belonged to?

Not Knuckles. Not Metal Sonic.

Nope. An villain from the Archie comics known as Ixis Naugus. Seriously, look this guy up. He filled Robotnik's shoes when he "Died" in the comics. It was clear history was due to repeat itself in SatAM, but the 3rd season was not to be, sadly.

Retro NES game question.

Does anyone know what the actual result is in the NES game, Pinball if you manage to turn over all 5 cards on the lower level of the game screen. I'm talking about 5 green cards on the top of that screen next to the gateway to the Mario Bonus stage. I've been trying to get that task done, even though I've accomplished what is pretty much the main goal of the game, which is to beat your highest score.

(or my highest score, whichever is the proper terminology)

So I think the love I had for RPG's in junior high and high school as died. It's gone out the window with my previous super-nerd love for wrestling and anime as well. Replaced by a love for action games, sports games, FPS and legitimate sports.

I don't know how or why it happened. Maybe it's the fact that there haven't been a ton of turn-based RPGs since I graduated HS in 2002. That and as I've grown older and graduated college and gotten married I've found less and less time to play video games.

The market has really changed to support action games and FPS. That's what I've been playing. They don't require the time committment RPGs do. It's easy to just sit down and play Gears of War for 30 minutes and kill shit and feel like you got something accomplished.

You play an RPG for 30 minutes and you've bought some supplies and crawled through the first few feet of a dungeon.

I noticed this when I bought Lost Odyssey a few months back. I played it for a while and then there'd be long periods where I'd go a week without playing. Then it became an hour or so on the weekend. Then I got to the end of the game and realized I had absolutely no desire to spend hours crawling through the last two dungeons. I didn't even care about the story anymore at this point. Story has always been the main reason I play RPGs. Now, I didn't care. I just quit. It's odd because I've never quit an RPG before.

Now I move on to Smash Brothers Melee Subspace Emissary, Gears of War 2, and Mario Galaxy (all games I got for christmas). Games that I can get something done and have fun only playing 30 minutes.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to bring that up. It's weird when you used to be super obsessed with a gaming genre and spent years clamoring for another good one. Then when you play it you realize that love has left you.

I still like RPGs like Oblivion though. You can get something done in 30 minutes there too.

Hint: Trying farting.

Then, trying farting lightly.

Don't forget your pills.

...thanks?

Taken out of context, I have decided my quote is awesome.

Part 3 is up as well. Part 2 is my favorite so far.

Ric: "Hey Bear!"

*Punch*

Anybody download that new Watchmen videogame? I caved in. It's good fun. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much if it wasn't based on Watchmen, but whatever, it's pretty decent.

Really I downloaded the demo and got bored pretty damn quick. Level design was repetitive as hell, and the combat is really nothing more then a button masher. Most of the challenge is removed by the regenerating health bars.

On a side note, I was more impressed with the Wanted demo. I had no expectations what-so-ever for the game. The game is a typical gears of war type, cover based shooter. I did enjoy the curving bullet feature as well as the bullet time deal when going from cover to cover. You have to boost up your adrenaline to use these tricks, so you can't really over use it. Pretty decent demo, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it...probably $40 range.

Guest Smues
Hint: Trying farting.

Then, trying farting lightly.

Don't forget your pills.

How do I get the Se-Poo-Ku achievement?

Hint: Se-Poo-Ku is a play on words of ritual Japanese suicide. I knew those 3 years of Japanese classes would help me somewhere in life, and they did!