TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Don Frye vs Takayama Pride 21

Guest wildpegasus

Great fight with lots of fighting spirit in case anyone hasn't checked it out yet. So insanely brutal that I feel guilty watching this stuff. Not much else to say.

Here's a news report on the match:

PRIDE's Takayama Breaks Eye Bone Insiders and fans alike have raved about the recent Don Frye vs. Takayama main event that highlighted the latest PRIDE PPV. What some are calling the 'Fight of the Year' for Pride had many notable items when going over the medical list!For one, Frye has never recovered from the Ken Shamrock fight (long list of ankle/leg injuries) but took the fight anyway. Frye may also accept a K-1 style fight in the next month. Takayama, a pro wrestler, suffered a serious eye injury at the hands of Don Frye (nothing intentional).When the two were exchanging their 'hundreds of punches', Takayama's face started swelling. After the fight, it was apparent that Takayama had suffered a broken orbital bone underneath his eye. The injury, which typically takes around six months to heal properly, seemed to be ignored by Takayama during the fight. His popularity has grown and he wants to start pro wrestling immediately and a return to PRIDE is expected.Takayama's popularity is mainly based around how tough he is and how he refuses to give up. His will to take a beating is second to none and part of is directly linked to his growing popularity, but returning to the pro wrestling ring with such a serious eye injury may not be the best step to take, and taking another MMA fight would be downright stupid.Source: Abu Dhabi

Guest MrBriggs

I haven't seen that particular fight, but I know it was in 2002 and Frye has lost like 5 fights straight since then.