TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Attn: Torontonians and GTA music fans

There's a Celebrate Toronto Street Festival taking place around Yonge and Dundas Square this Friday and an arts stage will be set up with theatre acts and musicians performing for free. The entire lineup basically sucks except for the fact that Broken Social Scene is ending it at 10 and the fucking thing is FREE. Broken Social (for free) at Harbourfront in August of last year was my favorite show ever and I expect this to be just as good as they are easily one of the best live bands going today.

There's a Celebrate Toronto Street Festival taking place around Yonge and Dundas Square this Friday and an arts stage will be set up with theatre acts and musicians performing for free. The entire lineup basically sucks except for the fact that Broken Social Scene is ending it at 10 and the fucking thing is FREE. Broken Social (for free) at Harbourfront in August of last year was my favorite show ever and I expect this to be just as good as they are easily one of the best live bands going today.

If you're Canadian, it should be spelt favourite.

But thanks for the post, any news on who else is there, despite you saying they sucked?

The belief is that this will be an all male BSS show, as Metric, Feist and Stars are all booked either on that day or out of the country the next. Should still be awesome nonetheless.

Feist at Harbourfront last Friday was excellent. Fireworks exploding in the background as she played her songs... it was great.

The belief is that this will be an all male BSS show, as Metric, Feist and Stars are all booked either on that day or out of the country the next. Should still be awesome nonetheless.

Feist at Harbourfront last Friday was excellent. Fireworks exploding in the background as she played her songs... it was great.

Fuck yes it was. When she stopped in the middle of the song to point out the fireworks everybody popped huge.

The other artists playing the show are Holly Cole, Jully Black, Great Big Sea and a local theatre group.

I'd go, but as always its always hard dragging friends to these sorts of shows. If I can convince someone, i'm there.

Also, you guys should check out Matt Good in St. Catherines on July 14 and k-os on July 15 (radio stations are selling tickets for $10)

I'd go, but as always its always hard dragging friends to these sorts of shows. If I can convince someone, i'm there.

Also, you guys should check out Matt Good in St. Catherines on July 14 and k-os on July 15 (radio stations are selling tickets for $10)

Be more specific? Stations, venues?

I'll be down there so if you come down and give my cell a call I'm sure we'll find each other.

Sounds like a plan.

Be more specific? Stations, venues?

Matt Good - Arizonas in St. Catherines on July 14.

k-os - Molson Ampitheatre, the Edge and the Mix are selling the cheap tickets. Theres a drop down box for them on ticketmaster.ca

Guest Crimson Idol

I'd go, but I like good music..

I'm just assuming that what you like is bad since most people these days have a bad taste in music.