TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

I just got the game this morning and I'm impressed with the graphics and added realism that it brings to the Smackdown genre. I've grown very tired at these games being too arcade based and I think this game is a big improvement on that.

However, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to break the sleeper meter? I've been trapped in that thing for the last three matches and was pressing every button I could think of, but nothing had any effect. Thank you in advance.

Guest Prodigy

Press X when you see the ball in the blue area. The trick is to sort of delay your reaction time, it's kinda hard to explain, but once you get the timing right you'll have no problem.

Well I got the game yesterday and I hate the season mode already. I started one with Kurt Angle and it's just dumb, I'm in the whole "who ran over Teddy Long" angle, and then they had me in some love triangle with RVD and John Cena, fighting over Torrie Wilson.

Why does Kurt Angle even give a shit about Torrie Wilson!? Why is he teaming up with RVD and Cena and yet still a heel? I liked how the other games gave you options of different routes to take in your storylines instead of just going down one path.

JBL revealed he had a lifetime contract with Torrie, but would put it on the line in an Iron Man Match, so Angle accepts (and I get no say in the matter!).. so I face off in an Iron Man Match with JBL, not for his WWE Title, but for the contract of Torrie f'ing Wilson.

gay.

Well I got the game yesterday and I hate the season mode already. I started one with Kurt Angle and it's just dumb, I'm in the whole "who ran over Teddy Long" angle, and then they had me in some love triangle with RVD and John Cena, fighting over Torrie Wilson.

Why does Kurt Angle even give a shit about Torrie Wilson!? Why is he teaming up with RVD and Cena and yet still a heel? I liked how the other games gave you options of different routes to take in your storylines instead of just going down one path.

JBL revealed he had a lifetime contract with Torrie, but would put it on the line in an Iron Man Match, so Angle accepts (and I get no say in the matter!).. so I face off in an Iron Man Match with JBL, not for his WWE Title, but for the contract of Torrie f'ing Wilson.

gay.

Yeah, the Season mode's still plagued due to having to go after a diva once again and Season mode itself still being linear for the most part. At least this time, though, you're not going after three divas like you had to in SVR (especially Sable, ugh!).

gay.

I just did that same storyline with angle too, then I was forced to do the legends tour again

Did you know that "This ain't ballet"? According to Cole, Tazz and JR every five minutes, it ain't.

Other than that (and getting used to the new stamina system), I'm enjoying this so far. I marked out a bit inside when I unlocked Bret and heard his music the first time.

I can't remember the answer to this:

If you win GM mode with 2 players, can you unlock hidden characters with your year 2 draft picks? Are the unlocked characters playable in other modes?

Is there anyone who could give me advise for tag matches? I get killed all the time.

Use a "Submission A" submission that targets an opponent's body part that's in the red and tap buttons quickly.

Also try to knock the other opponent on the outside with a "big move" because (at least for me) telling my partner to attack him never, ever works. Tag matches can get very, very frustrating because of that.

I just got this yesterday.

Despite offering more options, the new whip system is clunky.

I like the stamina system. Really, I do. It's more realistic, but I don't know if it fits the game. It just doesn't mesh with the other more rapid aspects of the gameplay. And with a lower tier wrestler against someone more powerful, especially on normal or higher difficulty, it's a pain.

The voices suck. You have two options, sounding like a wimp or sounding black, and the voice acting overall sucks. The commentary is as repetitive as it was back on the PS1 in Attitude.

Anyone elses BGMs missing? I tried to listen to the songs to pick one for a CAW, but a few BGMs were doubles. Weird.

Twice I've been DQ'd due to the referee walking in the way of an errant chop and a stomp. Yet I can hit him with running grapples and strikes all day long with zero retribution. I'd turn DQs off completely if I didn't think they would revert during season anyway or I didn't need them on (I believe) for Challenges.

In the season I've lost in a cage and a ladder match. In the cage against JBL I climbed up, was almost out, but for some reason I couldn't jump down. I was up there a couple minutes with JBL standing below me, was forced to jump back inside, thankfully hitting JBL down with an SSP, climbed up again, jumped back inside. I was still in okay health, with JBL much worse off, but when he knocked me down and I got up, despite pressing X and O, I couldn't knock him down and he won.

In the ladder match against Eddie, I just COULD NOT grab the ladder and push it over whenever Eddie was on it. Instead I kept climbing up with him, right into him fighting me on top of it. Eventually he laid me out, climbed up and won.

I like the game, but so far some of this stuff just pisses me off, more than anything I found in HCTP. It's always one step forward, two back with SD.

Anyone elses BGMs missing? I tried to listen to the songs to pick one for a CAW, but a few BGMs were doubles. Weird.

I was disappointed that there were no "generic" themes for CAW's like in previous Smackdown games. If the "English" generic theme was still in, I probably could have given that to Regal to replace his crappy country rock theme he had before he went to Smackdown.

For the hip hop songs, the doubles are instrumental versions.

I can sympathize with the ladder matches, I despise the ladder matches in this game. When it's one-on-one and the opponent climbs the ladder if you try to climb up it all that happens is you get a punch that sends you down to the canvas. Or, worse, they do that armdrag down. But that just irks me but it's how frequently they climb up the damn ladder that kills the match for me. If they're standing, usually they're going up that ladder. There's my lil' tirade about SVR '06.

I dunno, but for some reason I don't think the voiceovers are all that bad considering, though Christian isn't exactly Captain Charisma when he speaks.

But Jericho going in the Rumble at #1, winning it and then having Vince disqualify him for changing his number was odd as hell (so the WWE writers must have written it). Rumbles are better in this one, but it's pretty much impossible to survive when two guys are pushing you out.

Thanks for the help above with the sleeper meter. I haven't had another match with it happening yet, but I'm glad to know it's possible to get out of it.

I haven't done a lot of the modes yet as I jumped into season play with Muhammad Hassan. I'm in the middle of Eugene storyline, which I find to be hilarious with his interactions with Trish and Christian. I love how Christian keeps patting his chest all the time and saying the "that's how I roll" line. I agree that the story mode seems to linear and has a lot of crappy "turns" (ex. I've had TWO title matches reversed now b/c of idiotic logic, won't reveal which ones b/c of spoilers). Plus, sometimes I don't know if I'm supposed to wrestle as a face or a heel. For example, one time I was fighting Edge who was supposed to be the heel in the storyline, yet he was fighting clean and I was supposed to fight dirty...just weird.

Commentary isn't too impressive, but what else is new. Part of me thinks they should just scrap it.

I can't wait to get into the GM Mode (I plan on just doing two player so I don't have to deal with the crazy CPU) and run through the CAW mode by creating some other WWF legends. I love the gameplay and how the stamina system has been incorporated. There's a bit of a learning curve, but not too much.

Ok, I was at the very end of the Raw season mode, was fighting HHH in the HIAC match, threw him off at least 5 times, gave him an Unprittier (or a DDT, I forget which) THROUGH the roof, and he gets a fucking leglock on me and I lose. Fuck that.

Is there a way to do alternate costumes for CAWs?

Also, Andre the Giant's theme rules

Anyone know of a site that has a "Model" Rick Martel CAW? He's one of my favorite guys and I was disappointed the http://www.caws.ws/ website didn't have it yet. It's an awesome website for finding the old school guys, though, I'm putting into my game (Warrior, Perfect, Beefcake, Savage, I.R.S., Lesnar, Vader, etc.).

Twice I've been DQ'd due to the referee walking in the way of an errant chop and a stomp. Yet I can hit him with running grapples and strikes all day long with zero retribution.

You don't get DQed if you actually KO the ref, because...well, he's KOed. If you hit him and he stays up, after however many shots, you'll get DQed. So, if you're gonna hit the guy, hit him good I guess.

Also, you can only tip over the ladder when there's two people on it. There's a way around it that involves nudging the ladder with a strike or grapple at the right time, I think, but I've got no exact formula of when to do it.