TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

It's over, right?

Guest Anglesault

Well, Edge beat Angle, made an ass of him backstage, knocked him out with a fucking sleeper and shaved his head. Now Angle doesn't even RESEMBLE a contender for the world title. Along with the Hell in a cell burial of Jericho and the Brutal Depush of RVD, I'd say that Hunter has taken care of all good competion. (Edge sucks)

But this god damned Edge/Angle feud is over, finally, right?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Buck up.

At least Angle wasn't as devalued as Jericho or RVD.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, they'll probably go one more round, hopefuly not on PPV

Edge got his pinfall off of a cradle, not in convincing fashion. If they do go one more time Angle will win by some cheating method (holding tights, feet on ropes, etc) That will end the feud.

Guest Anglesault

So this feud will KEEP GOING like the god damned Little Engine that Couldn't just to prove that Angle can't beat Edge without help from the 181st Airborne. Fuck you, Triple H.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, Which do you prefer...

YOU SUCK or YOUR BALD

Don't worry, one more match and the whole thing's over.

Guest Anglesault

Fuck you. And one more match has another month of this excruciating feud attached to it. And now that Angle has been made to look as bad as possible, where does he go after this? Maybe Main eventer Edge can put midcarder Angle over in July after the Angle/Randy Orton June feud.

Guest Black Tiger

This feud is NOT going to last another month, I give it until Smackdown!

Angle will have his surgery and then train for the Olympics, The WWE will try to use Edge to elevate another heel (like they did in November with Test).

If HHH wants to feud with Edge then odds are Edge will get some serious rub, like Angle did in late 2000.

Guest Kinetic
ah, so no upsie for Kurt whatsoever, huh?

He was in a feud that featured two of the best WWE matches this year.  He helped elevate someone, which no one else is willing to do at this point.  Tonight's match appeared as though it could have gone either way, with Edge finally winning with a fluke roll-up.  It's indisputable that both guys are more over now than they were when the feud began, so it only increases Angle's value to WWE management that he can give that sort of rub.

Guest Anglesault

I'm sure he feels all warm inside knowing that he helped Edge leap frog his (Kurt's) standing in the company and that Kurt has NO WHERE to go from here.

so it only increases Angle's value to WWE management that he can give that sort of rub.

That happens every month and every month Kurt somehow moves down the ladder.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Christ in a bucket.

Watch the shows.  If Angle starts feuding with Test or someone, then sure, he's being pushed down the card.  This was *one feud.*

Until then, just watch the show and realize Thursday that Angle is over more than he's ever been when he's bald and whining up a storm.

I'm sure he feels all warm inside knowing that he helped Edge leap frog his (Kurt's) standing in the company and that Kurt has NO WHERE to go from here.

so it only increases Angle's value to WWE management that he can give that sort of rub.

That happens every month and every month Kurt somehow moves down the ladder.

Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa.  Okay, so let's recap shall we?  Kurt Angle comes in to a huge push.  Some say he didn't deserve it, I disagree.  He did.  He proves that he's one of the best technical wrestlers in the WWF, he proves he can give a go on the mike, and he proves that he can draw real nice heal heat.  So what does the Fed do?  The reward him with a nice title reign.  Let's recall that this is in his first couple of GODDAMN YEARS!  Will you quit your bitching anglesault?  YOu are the first person I have really gone off on... and brother, you deserve it.  May I remind you that Edge is not exactly Randy Orton.  He's paid his dues and he was one half of the best (overall that is) tag team of the last decade.  He's proven that he can handle a match, and while he may not be on Angle's level, he certainly isn't the Undertaker when it comes to wrestling skills.  I don't think he's leapfrogged Kurt, and I'm tired of hearing it from you.  SO, do yourself a favor and go watch some of the Benoit feud where neither man got a convincing win.

Guest Anglesault
This was *one feud.*

Two feuds. One of which was two months long.

Until then, just watch the show and realize Thursday that Angle is over more than he's ever been when he's bald and whining up a storm.

Solidly in the midcard.

May I remind you that Edge is not exactly Randy Orton.  He's paid his dues and he was one half of the best (overall that is) tag team of the last decade.  

First of all, paying dues means jackshit. When you're ready, you're ready. Secondly, Edge was the weaker half of said tag team and really can't play a good face.

I don't think he's leapfrogged Kurt

Who looks like he can concievably feud with HHH right now? Edge, not Kurt.

Sure he does.

Training for the Olympics.

Angle's gonna be out for a while, and still get paid by the WWE. So he gives a couple guys the rub on the way out, big deal. I bet when he comes back he gets another big push, especially if he actually makes it to the Olympics.

Guest Coffin Surfer

I'am all for putting over new talent.  But Edge?  Couldn't they book Angle to put over somebody better than Edge?  The way things are going, the bookers are pushing Edge, Maven, Randy Orten and Brook as the future of the WWE. If that's true, than the future is going to suck!

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

I don't see the big deal. That was clearly a fluke victory. I don't see Angle as being any less than when he went in. It's like when Spike went over Regal by fluke. Yeah, the people were happy for the little guy, but nobody thought he was better than Regal. Angle will go and train for the olympics, and if he wins (which, to be honest, I kind of doubt) he'll be even more over and have more to be heelish about. And plus, it was a decent match and the people always saw Edge as being somewhere near Angle's level. This means less than nothing.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Let me get this straight, a maine eventer/upper mid-carder jobs to a midcarder/upper mid-carder and everyone is mad. An upper mid-carder jobs to a main eventer and everyone is mad. In one situation, everyone was complaining about lack of elevation and in the other one, everyone was complaining about taking away credibility. How come nobody's complaining about Hogan and Undertaker being within ten feet of the WWF title?

Guest Black Tiger

I find it funny that there are people bitching about how HHH put himself ahead of the company. Angle did the oppposite, put the company ahead of himself.

People bitch about Angle putting over Edge and looking weak, while AT THE SAME TIME they bitch about HHH going over to look better.

Guest Kinetic

As far as I can tell, the only one bitching about Angle putting Edge over is Anglesault.  Everyone else is trying to reason with him, which is obviously a futile gesture.

Guest godthedog

this is booking 101: have a feud with a straight-up match, then a match with stipulation, then some kind of gimmick blowoff match.  it'll last till king of the ring, and i WANT to see it last till then.  we are getting great wrestling here, and anglesault is too busy bitching about every little thing to notice.  i did the same thing last year with benoit: i was so pissed that austin didn't tap to the crossface or sell the 10 german suplexes like death that i didn't notice how great the wrestling was.  edge has proven that he can carry his end of a match with angle, & after this feud he'll be a better wrestler.  anglesault needs to stop watching as a sucker of angle's cock & start watching as a WRESTLING FAN.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I think we all know that trying to talk some sense into Anglesault will ALWAYS end up failing since he just sticks to his crutch when it comes to Angle: "He's fighting MIDCARDERS, DAMMIT!"

Just let him be an example to us all: Hypocrisy is BAD, mmmkay?

Guest Anglesault
I find it funny that there are people bitching about how HHH put himself ahead of the company. Angle did the oppposite, put the company ahead of himself.

People bitch about Angle putting over Edge and looking weak, while AT THE SAME TIME they bitch about HHH going over to look better.

HHH is at the point where putting Jericho over would not make him look weak. Angle doesn't have the position in the company to keep putting midcarders over.

Guest Steve J. Rogers
HHH is at the point where putting Jericho over would not make him look weak. Angle doesn't have the position in the company to keep putting midcarders over

Just to add, also Angle and Y2J are looked upon by marks (and/or casual fans) as comic heels.  Not the classic heel ala Flair, Bret Hart, Austin, HHH.  Where you want to see them lose, not because they are heels but because of their post-lost antics.  Basically their heeldom comes from continuly being put in embarrassing situations.  Plus their championship reigns were considered shoddy at best because of fluke wins (Armageddon, too much interference, ect) rather than clear and decive wins (ala heel Austin, HHH, Taker last night, heel Rock, ect)

Steve

Guest Black Tiger

HHH had every right to go over in Hell In A Cell, how he he be expected to be able to beat Undertaker (who he lost to clean at WM X-Seven) if he can't beat a wannabe main eventer like Jericho

Angle wasn't hurt in the least by his loss last night. Edge's pinfall by the fluke roll up saves Kurt's established superstar role, Kurt's getting shaved bald gives him an opportunity to cut funny ass promos, and if anything, it improves his role as a comedy heel. Edge getting a big win helps get him up the ladder

It was a win/win situation.

Guest Kinetic
Plus their championship reigns were considered shoddy at best because of fluke wins (Armageddon, too much interference, ect) rather than clear and decive wins (ala heel Austin, HHH, Taker last night, heel Rock, ect)

I'll dispute the Rock example.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of one clean win that Rock got during his run with the title as a heel.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Basically their heeldom comes from continuly being put in embarrassing situations.  Plus their championship reigns were considered shoddy at best because of fluke wins (Armageddon, too much interference, ect) rather than clear and decive wins (ala heel Austin, HHH, Taker last night, heel Rock, ect)

I think this is wrong. Austin, Rock, and HHH have had their share of embarassing situations as heels and they all have won by many pretty screwy means(Austin with the Angle DQ at SummerSlam, Rock with the Foley series in 98-99, and HHH with Judgment Day 2000 and the phantom title switch with Jericho in 2000.).

The way I see it, the problem with heels like Angle and Jericho revolve around the way they were built up. The Rock feud did wonders for Jericho as a bastard heel champ because he did the cheating by himself, but once No Way Out arrived and he was needing to cheat against opening match jobbers like Rikishi, THAT'S when he started losing credibility.

And with Angle, the guy has had some many personality switches in the last year and a half alone, it makes it a real chore to remember what he's playing this week. With Angle, they should choose a persona that can believeably be molded into face without losing what makes the fans connect with the character.

Guest Anglesault

HHH had every right to go over in Hell In A Cell, how he he be expected to be able to beat Undertaker (who he lost to clean at WM X-Seven) if he can't beat a wannabe main eventer like Jericho

HHH's last title run BOMBED. There is no reason for him to be getting another title shot this soon.  And why is Jericho wannabe-main event? Because HHH has beaten him 90 times, all clean.

Kurt's getting shaved bald gives him an opportunity to cut funny ass promos, and if anything, it improves his role as a comedy heel.

Comedy heels never make good main eventers, so yes, it DID hurt Kurt.

Guest Black Tiger

Angle's personality hasn't changed THAT much.

When Angle first started the Milk bit, fans reacted like "what a jackass", by the time the Milk Truck came around in August, all the fans were going apeshit of how great it was

People groaned at "red, white, and blue machine", but loved "You can kiss my red, white, and blue ass"

The only things that have changed are his wrestling style, and his face/heel status.

Guest Black Tiger

HHH vs Undertaker will have heat because Undertaker was the reason HHH lost the title in the first place.

Y2J's a wannabe because his four months as champion resulted in him putting on shitty matches.

Kurt won't be in the main events, WHO CARES? Kurt's perfectly fine in the mid card. With his bald head he can draw some serious heel heat and get more over.

Guest Anglesault
HHH vs Undertaker will have heat because Undertaker was the reason HHH lost the title in the first place.

Drop the feud. It's been done before, it can be done again. They haven't made mention of it in a while. No one wanted to see the feud in April, no one will want to see it in June. Sorry, HHH shouldn't get his precious JOB just so he can feel good about himself.

Y2J's a wannabe because his four months as champion resulted in him putting on shitty matches.

As opposed to HHH's ***** star classics since his return, right?

Kurt won't be in the main events, WHO CARES? Kurt's perfectly fine in the mid card. With his bald head he can draw some serious heel heat and get more over.

Perfectly fine watching hsi career go to hell? Okay, whatever.