TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Jim Cornette on thin ice. Again

I think the use of nigger, or nigga if that's how you're supposed to spell it these days, is being over analyised in this thread to be honest.

I'm pretty sure Cornette isn't racist, it's not as if he refuses to employ black wrestlers or anything.

Just what is the relationship between OVW and the WWE though at the moment? I was under the impression that the WWE couldn't decide on who was booking or anything, and that Danny Davis and Cornette made all decision as they own/run it. Have WWE bought it out or something that allows them to place Heyman as booker?

I think the use of nigger, or nigga if that's how you're supposed to spell it these days, is being over analyised in this thread to be honest.

I'm pretty sure Cornette isn't racist, it's not as if he refuses to employ black wrestlers or anything.

Just what is the relationship between OVW and the WWE though at the moment? I was under the impression that the WWE couldn't decide on who was booking or anything, and that Danny Davis and Cornette made all decision as they own/run it. Have WWE bought it out or something that allows them to place Heyman as booker?

Basically WWE has Danny Davis by the balls, in a nutshell. Being the "official WWE training center" draws a lot of marks in for classes at the school, plus they don't have to pay for most talent.

Considering they don't draw like they did a few years ago, he's not really in a position to go out on his own.

When I was teaching in the inner city, I had enough black kids call me "nigga" that the word lost all its shock value to me.

I know that's not the same as how Cornette was using it, but come on...its just a word.

I guess stuff like "kike", "cracker", "wetback" & "gook" are just words too.

Words are only offensive if you let them be.

Once people quit getting offended by racial slurs, people who are trying to offend you will quit using them.

So you basically saying it's ok to disrespect people based on race & culture? Excuse me for having some dignity.

No, you missed my point.

If someone were to say "All black people are lazy and dumb" or "Islam is a death cult", then I'd get offended. They're actually trying to make an argument that all people in a group have some deragatory characteristic.

Calling someone a name, though, is just someone intentionally using a word to piss you off because they know that word will piss you off. Calling someone a name requires no thought other than "I'm just going to call him this because it'll piss him off".

Basically WWE has Danny Davis by the balls, in a nutshell. Being the "official WWE training center" draws a lot of marks in for classes at the school, plus they don't have to pay for most talent.

Considering they don't draw like they did a few years ago, he's not really in a position to go out on his own.

Not really.

From Bryan Alvarez when it was claimed this could doom OVW:

".....but the bigger names will disappear, and OVW will probably die a slow death when they have to start charging for entry to the TV tapings or what have you to cover the costs that WWE was bankrolling."

NO WAY. OVW was successful long before WWE got involved. All WWE is paying for is training of the wrestlers and consultants fees. Danny still has to rent the new building, which he hates because zoning laws don't allow him to charge admission. If Cornette was booking TV and they moved back to the old building, I guarantee they'd sell out virtually every week at $5 per head. Plus, the local-area legends would get over just as huge with that crowd as WWE guys coming in -- in some cases bigger -- and it's no added expense because Davis owns the TV equipment.

Davis also still owns their old building, so they could bring in anyone they wanted off the Indy scene. If WWE did drop OVW as a developmental territory, not only would it survive, but it would go back to being the OVW that fans like, and not the mess that was put out with Dreamer booking.

Guest jackie fargo

Not really.

From Bryan Alvarez when it was claimed this could doom OVW:

".....but the bigger names will disappear, and OVW will probably die a slow death when they have to start charging for entry to the TV tapings or what have you to cover the costs that WWE was bankrolling."

NO WAY. OVW was successful long before WWE got involved. All WWE is paying for is training of the wrestlers and consultants fees. Danny still has to rent the new building, which he hates because zoning laws don't allow him to charge admission. If Cornette was booking TV and they moved back to the old building, I guarantee they'd sell out virtually every week at $5 per head. Plus, the local-area legends would get over just as huge with that crowd as WWE guys coming in -- in some cases bigger -- and it's no added expense because Davis owns the TV equipment.

Davis also still owns their old building, so they could bring in anyone they wanted off the Indy scene. If WWE did drop OVW as a developmental territory, not only would it survive, but it would go back to being the OVW that fans like, and not the mess that was put out with Dreamer booking.

cornette is still wworking OVW's upcoming show sheduled for today..