TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Boogeyman

I loved that segment. I saw some people say "hey they are calling up Marty Wright", isn't that the guy from Tough Enough who was really old and got kicked out. Also, is it a exciting character? Can someone just give me information about his guy.

From an OVW TV report:

"It's the Black guy who got cut from tough enough for lying about his age. Clothesline from the top. Zombie situp! He's sort of dressed like Papa Shango. He's singing “Jimmy Crack Corn”. This is very, very, weird. He's cutting a Warrior-riffic promo talking about putting your kids to sleep at night. He says he never had a mother and father. He says he's not afraid of the Boogieman. I AM THE BOOGIEMAN. I can't tell whether this is the greatest thing ever or wrestlecrap. He goes after the guard rail around the and scares the shit out of everyone. He crawls out the emergency exit of the building backwards!"

A fan's reaction:

"It has to be seen to be believe just how putrid this gimmick is. Ranks up there with the time Lawler put blinking Christmas lights, tinsel, and various patches of pine on the future Kane and called him the Christmas Creature."

I wrote that OVW report. It's pure wrestlecrap.

This past week, he had fake horns on his head and a big Moses stick and half the crowd was laughing their ass off.

From an OVW TV report:

"It has to be seen to be believe just how putrid this gimmick is. Ranks up there with the time Lawler put blinking Christmas lights, tinsel, and various patches of pine on the future Kane and called him the Christmas Creature."

The fuck?

BOOGEYMAN!!!!

That's all you have to say really, right?

It's probably going to be laughed out of the building, and they'll make him a goofy dancing face. Nathan Jones 2K5, he'll be (wait, that was Kenzo--Nathan Jones 2K5, part b then).

This guy is a hoss with about a year of training at most too, isn't he?

He's cutting a Warrior-riffic promo talking about putting your kids to sleep at night. He says he never had a mother and father. He says he's not afraid of the Boogieman. I AM THE BOOGIEMAN.

"Watch me again--same Boogey Time, SAME BOOGEY CHANNEL!"

I must have been out of the room. When exactly did this segment take place?

And more importantly, should I care? Sounds like a failed push even before the guy debuts.

For a minute, I thought Freddy Krueger was actually coming to the WWE, or something, because for a minute, Boogyman sounded just like Freddy.

I laughed my ass off last night when I saw the promo for Boogeyman. I was like "Oh my God this is that guy who was so cheesy that the OVW student laughed at him!" I couldn't believe they would bring this guy up to the roster, but I don't really mind. Hell the world needs an occasional horrible gimmick that makes everyone laugh.

I think they'll turn the lights off and then the Boogeyman comes from under the ring and he has like red eyes so you only see his eyes. He destroys a wrestler and then he goes back and we don't see him. It'll be pure wrestlecrap and I'll enjoy iyt

B00005JNPQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oh, fuck, I bet people are gonna love this in that annoying 'so bad it's good' Snitsky way.

Problem is only hardcore smark fans like Snitsky that way. 98% of the fans don't like or care for Snitsky so WWE should stop creating characters that fit the "so bad it's good" description.

I laughed my ass off last night when I saw the promo for Boogeyman.  I was like "Oh my God this is that guy who was so cheesy that the OVW student laughed at him!"  I couldn't believe they would bring this guy up to the roster, but I don't really mind.  Hell the world needs an occasional horrible gimmick that makes everyone laugh.

Did they call him up because of the publicity related to Cornette's firing? Obviously they're aware that JC getting fired is being talked about on the net ... what are the odds they're trying to capitalize on that by bringing this guy up now?

Did they call him up because of the publicity related to Cornette's firing?  Obviously they're aware that JC getting fired is being talked about on the net ... what are the odds they're trying to capitalize on that by bringing this guy up now?

Well, he's in his 40s already and I get the impression he may have been trained in wrestling before TE 4.

In the 3-4 moves he did in OVW, he didn't look any worse than Nathan Jones, so they'll try him.

I'm just really glad this lame ass gimmick was WWE's idea and not Cornette's.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I laughed but only because I thought it was a preview for kane's movie and he was doing his stupid laff that he was doing before the commercial break.I thought "Is this all their selling this movie on is Kane's evil laff?"

Then I realized what it really was later.

I think their bringing him up so quick because they have to divert edge to fued with matt hardy instead of Kane.That way Kane can have a new feud that he sadly probably won't come out on top of either.

I laughed but only because I thought it was a preview for kane's movie and he was doing his stupid laff that he was doing before the commercial break.I thought "Is this all their selling this movie on is Kane's evil laff?"

I think their bringing him up so quick because they have to divert edge to fued with matt hardy instead of Kane.That way Kane can have a new feud that he sadly probably won't come out on top of either.

Looks like Kane was segued over to Snitsky by the recent bookings.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Looks like Kane was segued over to Snitsky by the recent bookings.

Yea but they've already done Kane/Snitsky to death.

I think they'll divert Kane to Boogeyman and Snitsky will start terrorizing the diva search contestants with his foot fetish.

Guest Fishyswa

^That would be awesome.

Anyone got a pic of this guy? I paid no attention to the last TE thing.

From an OVW TV report:

The fuck?

USWA booking. He also saddled Glen Jacobs with the title of the Unabomber.

From an OVW TV report:

The fuck?

USWA booking. He also saddled Glen Jacobs with the title of the Unabomber.

Ahem, I believe he was called "unibomb" cmon get it right LMAO Im just playin, but yea..

Theboogeyman GREATTTTTTTT

Hey at least the guy looks scary (or he did at least in the TE segments)

Oddly Enough Useless Moron didn't seem to know who the boogeyman is and his readers at his blog apprantly dont either, so he even has useless morron fans as well.

Yeah but the USWA fucking ruled. OVW is basically like a feeder system version of the USWA (OVW being Louisville, whereas the USWA was Memphis). In fact announcer Dean Hill worked for both leagues and OVW in its infancy used to advertise on USWA TV.

The Christmas Creature was something that fascinated me at the time, roughly late 1992/early 93. Take away the Christmas lights and such and it's really not hugely different from Kane's 1998 look.

What needs to be said is this however. These shitty gimmicks were great on the USWA because the promotion made no attempt to really be a REAL promotion. It was a 2nd tier regional league that pushed Lawler and Jeff Jarrett, and had a bunch of guys with laughable gimmicks. I still miss Sat. morning Memphis wrestling, it was the shit.

I think they'll divert Kane to Boogeyman and Snitsky will start terrorizing the diva search contestants with his foot fetish.

That sounds funny for some reason. at least it would make the diva search more enjoyable, if snitsky might run out at any time and steal someones shoes.

Lawler didn't coin Jacobs Unibomb (it wasn't Unimbomber). Unibomb was Jacobs' SMW gimmick. Doomsday was his USWA gimmick, as it was the precursor to the Kane character.

Lawler didn't coin Jacobs Unibomb (it wasn't Unimbomber).  Unibomb was Jacobs' SMW gimmick.  Doomsday was his USWA gimmick, as it was the precursor to the Kane character.

I remember Doomsday. USWA Tv came on here in socal around early 1997. Jacobs first came in as The Fake Diesel and feuded with Fake Razor who had denounced that gimmick and started going by Rick Titan. They ahd a loser leaves town match and Rick won, forcing Diesel out of there. But of course right after manager Luther Biggs showed up with Doomsday, who looked exactly like Jacobs except he was wearing a Hockey mask and lots of black and red (probably was WWFs way of grooming him for the Kane character).

I'm hazy on that whole late era USWA, but I do remember the fake Razor showing up. Whatever happened to that guy?

The USWA stuff I remember was more like the 1992-93 period, with the Moondogs wreaking havoc (manager Richard Williams blew a whistle in an annoying Alfonso precursor). I also remember a guy called the Spellbinder, who had a cup of coffee in the WWF with a cheesy magic gimmick. He was pretty good on USWA.