TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve J. Rogers

Intresting take: should a wwe employee write a,

Guest Steve J. Rogers

I had this topic on the old board but I thought I'd move it here as most of the people I really meant to garner opinions about it are here: (ie the HHHhaters)Many on this fourm (BPS, Anglesault, ect) can't wait for a WWE employee to spill the beans and tell all about whatever goes on behind "closed doors" (especially when it comes to the puppetry of one Paul Levesque) but my point here is, would it be worth it?

Just listening to sports talk radio and EVERYONE (callers, hosts) were ripping Jose Canseco for even SUGGESTING that he is going to write a tell all about baseball during his nearly 20 years in the game.  Basically on the Dan Patrick radio show yesterday Canseco said he was going to write a book telling about all the politics, steriods, other drugs, night life, and other tales of baseball personell behaving badly (as well as himself)  Basically the book that people on this board can't wait to come out about the WWE in the post-Hogan era (at least since the Clique came into power till today)

But it seems that the majority opinion is that for the most part the callers and media want Jose to just keep the feelings to himself or he will be considered a true outcast/piraaiah (sp) the way Jim Bouton was after writing Ball Four and if Jose is writing a tell all because he feels that he's been cut off from those in the game and people he once considered friends then he will basically cause his own "unofficial" lifetime banishment from the game (ala Jim Bouton was for many years) and you get the impression that Canseco would be a classless SOB if he put all the stories in the book

So would it be worth it for say a Chris Jericho, or a Lance Storm, Scott Taylor, Monte Sopp, Bob Holly, ect to write a tell all, kayfabe demolishing book about the WWE during the last 15, 10, 5 years?  And risk complete isolation and blackballing from any place where he (or she as the case could be) would want to get work again in the business, where most likely they would have to be involved with someone they trashed in the book or someone who is a friend of someone they trashed the book or just pissed in general because you HAD the gall to write such a book (and in the business there probably isn't someone who doesn't know someone even using more than six degrees or if you latch on somewhere across the globe)

Plus basically the only people that would probably read the book and care that intently about it in the "see I told you so" vein are internet smarks (or smarks that aren't on the net as well) as I would think marks (or anyone who just doesn't care what goes on behind the scenes) would react the same as the fans/hosts are with Canseco.  Basically either "Hey we KNOW this stuff goes on, who cares, bring SOMETHING better to the table (i.e. Owen Hart faked his death and is living in Santo Domingo waiting for Vince to give the signal to return)" or "Why should we care about this, does it affect the enjoyment of watching these people perform?"

In fact, not to mention would causual fans of wrestling give a shit?  I think not.  Maybe causual fans of baseball (or non-fans) will read the Canseco book due to the Kitty Kelly factor (people will read "tell alls" if they are about the ultra famous pop-culture celebs, i.e. no one is reading a tell all about some one-hit wonder or the stuff that happened on the set of some TV show that got canned after half a season) but wrestling doesn't appear that far on the radar map for it to generate ANY kind of success except the aforementioned smarks who want to scream "SEE I TOLD YOU SO DAMN IT!"

But thats just my take on the matter

Steve J. Rogers

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Who has been around long enough to do write this book? 10-15 years is a long time, and I doubt anyone who has managed to stay there that long has done so without nepotism.

Guest The Man in Blak

Well, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but:

Vince Russo has written an "insider" book on WWE, currently titled "Welcome To Bizarro Land." The book is mainly about his rise through the WWF. Russo promises an uncensored look at the backstage workings of the WWF and a look at Vince McMahon.

Credit: 411Wrestling

Guest dreamer420

That will be an interesting read for sure.  I think Russo is a pretty funny guy so I'm looking forward to reading his book.  Hopefully he shares some dirty and horrible secrets about Vince.