TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

SWF LOCKDOWN CARD - 7.20.05!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN, WEDNESDAY, JULY 20TH, LIVE FROM THE PALAIS OMNISPORTS DE PARIS-BERCY IN PARIS, FRANCE

(8:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM PST; check local listings)

Send everything to Ace309.

Tonight will mark the beginning of a new era in Lockdown. On the heels of the recent fiasco at the Cassa Rossa Sex Club, the SWF's network has slapped them with a warning about violence, nudity, and swearing. As a result, the SWF executives have made a compromise.

- Storm will remain booked by Joseph Peters, and will remain the hardcore show. To reflect this, the timeslot for Storm will now be 12 PM, allowing all the cursing and violence that you're all used to.

- Smarkdown will remain booked by Tom Flesher, and will remain the old-school wrestling show. It's timeslot will be 10 PM, allowing the mild cursing and high-impact moves that you're all used to.

The network let a lot of stuff go, but they did request one thing. And as a result, the SWF is proud to present the first of many...

FAMILY-FRIENDLY LOCKDOWN!

No cursing! More promos! Less wrestling! We might even bring in a new commissioner, just for the kids!

(I know Supes is posting this, but let it be known that this was a joint idea between Raynor, Tom, and myself.)

Ed's note: :angry:

Anyway...

MAIN EVENT

Wildchild (SWF Tag Team Champion) v. El Luchadore Magnifico

-> Is Wildchild ready for the World Heavyweight division, as Melissa Fasaki assured him on Storm? His convincing win over Mak Francis certainly turned many heads. But here comes Wildchild's ultimate test, the chance to prove he can hang with the heavyweights, and the chance to prove that Melissa won't be the only Fasaki he'll put his hands on. Yes, now he faces former three-time World Heavyweight Champion El Luchadore Magnifico. But is Magnifico the proper test for the Tag Team Champion? After all, the Hall of Famer went so far as to call his comeback "fucking pathetic". Though this is Family-Friendly Lockdown, so we're not only going to change that dirty word to "funnily", but we're also going to pat Magnifico on the back and tell him that self-esteem is for everybody.

Rules: Standard.

Marker: janusd

Word Limit: 5500

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW FEATURING JAY HAWKE!

-> Consider this the first of many changes in the way Lockdown is booked. Jay Hawke has been dominating as International Champion, and has won quite a few matches. In this segment, we're going to give him the unique opportunity to talk about whatever he wants -- and to name his opponent at Ground Zero! (Jay, if you need help thinking of someone, PM or IM either Tom or Raynor)

Send To: Ace309

Word Limit: 1500

IF THIS WAS A DANCE CONTEST, WOULD THEY DO THE ROBOT?! MATCH

Toxxic v. Ghost Machine

-> I don't know about you, but I feel like throwing Toxxic a Cherry Coke Bash after his astounding victory over Scott Pretzler in their best-of-five series match on Storm. And Ghost Machine? Get him some oil or something to loosen those robotic joints. The latter has suffered some tough losses lately, most recently to a very determined Todd Cortez on Storm. Now Ghost Machine has a chance to step up and hang with a former three-time World Champion, smooth talker, and all around great guy. Or he could just smash him into the ground. Whatever works. And maybe Toxxic just wants a little workout. Will he take the Could-Be-Robot lightly? Not bloody likely.

Marker: Justice

Word Limit: 4000

TAG TEAM MATCH

Manson and Zyon v. JJ Johnson and "The Critic" Scott Pretzler

-> Old Revolution Zero mates team up once again! Manson's last tag team partner unceremoniously ditched him, leaving him to find a new tag partner. Well, okay, so he didn't, but the new Lockdown booker decided that it'd be genius if he teamed Zyon and Manson and thus, THIS TEAM WAS BORN. Can they defeat the hated Johnson and Pretzler, or will Scott and Silent JJ shut them down?

Marker: The Superstar

Word Limit: 5000

OPENING PROMO WHICH HAS YET TO BE CALLED!

Also Appearing: All you bastards who told me to leave you unbooked.

Edited by Chuck Woolery

Actually, me and Wildchild wanted to have our rematch on this Lockdown, if possible. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

How about those who asked you to leave them an open spot on Storm to edit in a promo when they got finished with it tonight? Yeah, I know it's late, but I just got home from work not to long ago.

Ok, everyone bite my head off at once.

First of all, I had nothing to do with the making of this card. Tom's modem exploded, Raynor's exploded but I'm pretty sure he's back and well, and Mike's on vacation. He sent this to me earlier today to post.

Johnny, you said you would be late for a promo. Nothing about leaving a post open to edit in later.

Stop hatin'.

Actually, I specficially asked for a spot to be left open on the show to edit it in later. Why else would I PM a message about it if I didn't want to be able to include it in the show?

If it'll help anyone out, I'd asked to be unbooked but you can throw me against Ghost Machine if it'll allow WC and ELM to have their rematch (since theirs is all storyline and everything). All I'd ask is that if the card is going to be changed, it's changed for when I get up tomorrow morning at latest.

Damn, I wish I'd asked to remain unbooked. Because I can tell you right now, there's very little chance I'll be able to write much.

More detailed excuse to come later.

Now I can't work out if I'm meant to be face or heel. Sure, I'm facing a heel... but I'm an Englishman in France. So it's a tough one.

In other news, Muzz made a good call - now things have been changed up a bit to allow for storyline requirements, it IS a good card.

Verbose descriptions edited in for ELM/WC and Toxxic/Robot, so the card is now complete. Feel free to yell at me for misspelling an impotrant word or forgetting a clause essential to the development of your character.

Verbose descriptions edited in for ELM/WC and Toxxic/Robot, so the card is now complete. Feel free to yell at me for misspelling an impotrant word or forgetting a clause essential to the development of your character.

You just spelt 'important' wrong. You're a lousy booker.