TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

SWF LOCKDOWN CARD - 7.20.05!

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I honestly believe that becase you spelt a word wrong in a subsequent post, you are a lousy booker. What ho, old chap.

*Has a crumpet*

To focus on the tea and knickers is to ignore the veracity of the cigars what bear his name.

Take it out on Seth McFarlane.

And what in God's name is a crumpet? I've never found that out. All I know is that apparently, it goes well with tea.

It's a sort of baked good. It is designed to go with tea, so you've got most of the description right already.

Difficult to describe. A crumpet is a round item, perhaps the diameter of an average jam jar and maybe 1cm thick. It has a spongy texture and is usually toasted or grilled to make it hot and slightly crispy before your choice of topping is applied. I recommend jam.

Well, judging by Toxxic's description, JJJ, apparently they call them crumpets. If his description is to be believed, I'm guessing that's exactly what they are, in which case, I can't imagine why one would go out of their way to have them with tea...

I have no idea what an English muffin is. The only sort of muffin I know is a round cakey thing with a vaguely mushroom appearance.

And watch cricket. That's a must. Add a funny hat, and we've COMPLETELY STEREOTYPED the British people. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Let's see...tea, crumpets, fish n' chips, funny hat, cricket...OH, bad teeth.

And watch cricket. That's a must. Add a funny hat, and we've COMPLETELY STEREOTYPED the British people. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Let's see...tea, crumpets, fish n' chips, funny hat, cricket...OH, bad teeth.

Well, tea and crumpets are out, don't wear hats and my teeth aren't that bad. Cricket is a-okay, but I can't straight watch it. If it's playing in the background, it's fine.

Then again, I'm hardly a 'British' Brit. If I notice myself pronouncing words...you know, correctly, I've been known to stop myself and correct it to the more American slur that professional wrestling and a good % of British TV has brought me up on. England is pretty much "America Lyte" nowadays, with our rising crime rate and wide range of fast-food outlets.

I have no idea what an English muffin is. The only sort of muffin I know is a round cakey thing with a vaguely mushroom appearance.

That's what everyone says when people mention muffins... maybe it's just one of those queer foreign inventions, these "English" muffins.

You mean like 'American' Football? Yeah, maybe.

I'm with Landon on the 'cricket in the background' thing. Fish 'n chips is nice though. As for pronounciation, I worked very hard as a child to eliminate my posh accent. As I result, I now sound merely middle-class.

You just wait until we announce the new Lockdown commissioner.  It'll be a hoot.

It's gotta be Cyclone Comet. That would rule.

And JJ - if I said 'loif' I'd sound like a farmer. If I said 'hlife' I'd sound posh.