TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The C Man

4 weeks of Impact

credit PWInsider.com:

*Lance Hoyt fought David Young to a no contest after Abyss hits the ring to interfere, hitting Shock Treatment on Young and The Black Hole Slam on Hoyt. Jim Mitchell cuts a promo.

*TNA X-Division champion Christopher Daniels does commentary for...

*Samoa Joe defeated Dutt with choke in a Super X Cup tournament bout. Shane Douglas tries to interview Joe after the bout but Joe walked away without saying anything.

*Kip James & Monty Brown defeated Sonny Siaki & Apollo after Brown hits the Pounce on Siaki. Konnan and Ron Killings brawl with Kip & Brown.

*NWA champion Raven cuts a promo discussing Rhino and Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett comes out and distracts him to set up Rhino goring Raven. Jarrett put Raven in the figure four.

*Michael Shane comes out with Tracy Brooks with documents in his hands and says he was served with papers about the usage of his name. He says from now on he will be officially called Matt Bentley, which is his real name. Mike Shane of the Shane Twins had contacted him legally after signing with WWE to protect the copyright of his name.

*AJ Styles pinned Matt Bentley in a Super X Cup tournament bout after AMW distracted the referee. James Storm used a superkick to set up the cover.

*Sonjay Dutt defeated Elix Skipper and Shark Boy when Dutt pinned Boy.

*Alex Shelley defeated Shocker in a Super X Cup Tournament bout after Shelley pinned Shocker with a roll up.

*Mikey Batts fought Cassidy Riley to a no contest when Rhino gores both. Jarrett piledrives Batts. Raven comes out and confronts them. The lights go out and Sabu returns to the company to save Raven. Sabu triple jump moonsaults on Rhino.

TNA announces the main event of the Sacrifice PPV will be Raven and Sabu vs. Jeff Jarrett and Rhino.

*James Storm pinned Matt Bentley

*Petey Williams defeated Chris Sabin in a Super X Cup Tournament bout with the Canadian Destroyer after A-1 distracted the referee.

*Samoa Joe defeated Alex Shelley in a Super X Cup Tournament Semi-Final bout.

*NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals defeated Bobby Rude & Eric Young, DQ when the referee caught Bobby Rude with a megaphone. Team Canada laid out The Naturals with America's Most Wanted.

*Abyss pinned Apollo with Black Hole Slam. Lance Hoyt challenges Abyss to a match.

*NWA champion Raven & Sabu defeated Simon Diamond & David Young. Sabu pinned Young with an Arabian Facebuster. Jeff Jarrett and Rhino came out and Sabu hit a dive to the floor on them.

*Matt Bentley pinned Shark Boy. Tracy Brooks tried to interfere and was bitten in the rear.

*AJ Styles pinned Petey Williams in a Super X Cup tournament Semi-Final.

*Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles in the Super X Cup Tournament final is announced for the Sacrifice PPV.

*Monty Brown (with Kip James) pinned Elix Skipper with the Pounce.

*Simon Diamond and David Young defeated America's Most Wanted after Team Canada interfered, setting up Young to pin James Storm with a spinebuster. The Naturals hit the ring to save AMW.

*TNA announced America's Most Wanted & The Naturals vs. Team Canada in an Eight Man Tag at the Sacrifice PPV.

*Ron Killings & Konnan defeated Jerelle Clark & Mikey Batts after Konnan pinned Clark with a powerbomb. BG James came out after the match. Konnan demanded an answer from him but he refused to say anything.

*Rhino pinned Chris Sabin with the gore. After the match, Raven and Jeff Jarrett each him the ring. They set up a table. The lights go out and Sabu is in the ring. It ends up with Rhino powerbombing Sabu onto Raven, who is laid out on the table. The table doesn't break. Jarrett locks Raven in the figure four leglock and Rhino slams Sabu through the table.

-

I wasn't so sure when I heard that the M-E was going to be a tag match but it doesn't actually sound that bad. Raven, Sabu and Rhino can do the work and JJ will get the pin. However I don't like the fact the NWA title isn't going to be defended (I presume); nor the Tag Titles; nor, it seems, the X Division title. Sacrifice doesn't look very good so far:

Raven & Sabu vs Jarrett & Rhino

Styles vs Joe - Super X final

AMW & The Naturals vs Team Canada

Abyss vs Hoyt ???

Killings & Konnan vs Kipp James & Monty Brown ???

credit PWInsider.com:

*Kip James & Monty Brown defeated Sonny Siaki & Apollo after Brown hits the Pounce on Siaki. Konnan and Ron Killings brawl with Kip & Brown.

*Michael Shane comes out with Tracy Brooks with documents in his hands and says he was served with papers about the usage of his name. He says from now on he will be officially called Matt Bentley, which is his real name. Mike Shane of the Shane Twins had contacted him legally after signing with WWE to protect the copyright of his name.

*AJ Styles pinned Matt Bentley in a Super X Cup tournament bout after AMW distracted the referee. James Storm used a superkick to set up the cover.

*Alex Shelley defeated Shocker in a Super X Cup Tournament bout after Shelley pinned Shocker with a roll up.

TNA announces the main event of the Sacrifice PPV will be Raven and Sabu vs. Jeff Jarrett and Rhino.

*James Storm pinned Matt Bentley

*Petey Williams defeated Chris Sabin in a Super X Cup Tournament bout with the Canadian Destroyer after A-1 distracted the referee.

*Samoa Joe defeated Alex Shelley in a Super X Cup Tournament Semi-Final bout.

*NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals defeated Bobby Rude & Eric Young, DQ when the referee caught Bobby Rude with a megaphone. Team Canada laid out The Naturals with America's Most Wanted.

*Monty Brown (with Kip James) pinned Elix Skipper with the Pounce.

*Simon Diamond and David Young defeated America's Most Wanted after Team Canada interfered, setting up Young to pin James Storm with a spinebuster. The Naturals hit the ring to save AMW.

*TNA announced America's Most Wanted & The Naturals vs. Team Canada in an Eight Man Tag at the Sacrifice PPV.

*Ron Killings & Konnan defeated Jerelle Clark & Mikey Batts after Konnan pinned Clark with a powerbomb. BG James came out after the match. Konnan demanded an answer from him but he refused to say anything.

*Rhino pinned Chris Sabin with the gore. After the match, Raven and Jeff Jarrett each him the ring. They set up a table. The lights go out and Sabu is in the ring. It ends up with Rhino powerbombing Sabu onto Raven, who is laid out on the table. The table doesn't break. Jarrett locks Raven in the figure four leglock and Rhino slams Sabu through the table.

-

I wasn't so sure when I heard that the M-E was going to be a tag match but it doesn't actually sound that bad. Raven, Sabu and Rhino can do the work and JJ will get the pin. However I don't like the fact the NWA title isn't going to be defended (I presume); nor the Tag Titles; nor, it seems, the X Division title. Sacrifice doesn't look very good so far:

Raven & Sabu vs Jarrett & Rhino

Styles vs Joe - Super X final

AMW & The Naturals vs Team Canada

Abyss vs Hoyt ???

Killings & Konnan vs Kipp James & Monty Brown ???

O boy, this is pretty bad. 1 step forward in a good PPV and a few right decisions and then 2 steps backwards.

Why the hell is Brown still doing the crap that he is doing? Sabu, Sabu? Tell Sabu to fuck Sabu. Couldnt he have just signed for the WWE.

What is this crap with Michael Shane? I thought he uses that name cause hes related to Shawn Michaels. Why do TNA wrestlers have to drop their 1st name after a while?

Why are AMW doing attaking Michael Shane (I dont give a fuck what stupid name he has, Im still calling him Michael Shane)? Arent they 'faces' and didnt they go over Shane and Shelly at No Surrender? When are they going to turn? In this 8 man? The NWA World Title isnt being defended, they should have the Tag Titles and X Div Championship on the line.

Speaking about the X Div. Why is Joe going up against Daniels? Isnt this a bit too early for such a match?

"Why the hell is Brown still doing the crap that he is doing? Sabu, Sabu? Tell Sabu to fuck Sabu. Couldnt he have just signed for the WWE. "

Because Monty Brown still hasn't signed his contract extension.

Bloody hell, what a dipstick. What is he waiting for? :bonk:

"Why the hell is Brown still doing the crap that he is doing? Sabu, Sabu? Tell Sabu to fuck Sabu. Couldnt he have just signed for the WWE. "

Because Monty Brown still hasn't signed his contract extension.

Bloody hell, what a dipstick. What is he waiting for? :bonk:

Probably waiting for TNA to get their shit together and actually put him in storyline.

This PPV is shaping up to be the worst of all time. Styles vs Joe is the only i'd really want to see. I'm the others would be good matches, but with no titles defended how can TNA expect people to buy this?

This PPV is shaping up to be the worst of all time. Styles vs Joe is the only i'd really want to see. I'm the others would be good matches, but with no titles defended how can TNA expect people to buy this?

Don't you think this is a little premature? They've announced a whopping four matches. You know they rest of the card will shake out. When they do these massive tapings, sometimes Tenay will announce a match that didn't get annouced to the live crowd (a la Joe/Sabin) and sometimes they'll get set up in vignettes (Waltman/Styles, Daniels/Williams). I'm sure Daniels will end up on the card, I'm sure we'll get somemore of the 3LK story and we'll get Waltman and Lynn since Waltman will probably blame Lynn for his loss to AJ. If the add those matches, in addition to the Hoyt/Abyss match that will surprise people, the Joe/AJ match, which could be a MOTYC with time, and the 8-man that should have a lot of heat, I don't see this as being a bad card, certainly not the worst TNA has offered. For starters, I'd say DX was worse, and FR (though it ended up being a good show) was panning before for the poor line-up. I don't see how any show with nearly 2 guaranteed **** matches (Joe/AJ and the possible Lynn/Waltman match) could be the worst of all time. In summary, I know you don't like the ME, and that's fine. I wasn't a fan of several MEs during the beginning of this era (the stupid 3 way to get the shot should have been a JJ/Monty rematch, JJ/Nash should have been the blow to the JJ/Monty feud and JJ/DDP should have been Monty/just about anybody other JJ). But at least wait until the full line-up is announced to pan it.

Probably waiting for TNA to get their shit together and actually put him in storyline.

Well isnt this a vicious circle. TNA wont put Brown in a storyline till he signs and Brown wont sign till TNA put him in a storyline. This is the dumbest wrestling-related crap Ive heard this week and it has been a very poor one.

Guest MikeSC

TNA better make sure all of their talent is signed before their TV deal kicks in. Vince would happily raid anybody he could, whether he'd use them or not (Monty would not look impressive in the WWE), when the deal starts.

I have a few thoughts...

-Nice to see that JJ is the dominant force in the ME again. Yes, that was sarcasm. I realize that Rhino needs to look strong, but for fuck's sake, do they have to get the drop on Raven at every turn????? He's the NWA CHAMP! He's RAVEN! He's not supposed to need Sabu to protect him from this kinda bullshit. Its just so obvious that JJ is getting the dominant role here while Raven is just coming out to the ring to get his ass kicked.

-Nice to see Abyss lost in the shuffle once again. TNA has pretty much ruined Abyss, since they do this to him every time. Its directionless shit like this that killed WCW.

-I agree that something must be done about Monty. I mean, he's spoiled goods as well (thank's, Jeff), but maybe if they start over from scratch again with another push, he could be something again. I'm just sick of potential stars for TNA being given bullshit to do because Jeffy or some other "known" star has to have the spotlight.

-Its also a big mistake to not have two out of three titles not defended at the PPV.

-Also, pull the fucking trigger on the NAO reunion. I for one am tired as fuck of all the waiting. I know that the longer its dragged out, the bigger the payoff is supposedly going to be, but this is ridiculous.

Rant over, but needless to say, TNA is still in its same old rut.

These spoilers sound kind of repetitive, and quite frankly, boring. How many times did a tag team run in during another tag team match for a brawl? The booking here on paper appeared to be a paint by numbers formula which is always boring, but I suppose they are assuming not to turn things up a few notches until they get back on TV. Its just unfortunate to see them not work to the ability I think that booking team could right now. Where the hell is anything about Waltman or Lynn? AMW is completely stale right now and I dont see why they dont just turn them now instead of continuing to wait/slow build. I also agree about the sentiments about Brown - he should be out of that whole storyline with NAOs-3Lk stuff, and I really thought they would have him be Raven's partner in that tag match. Guess not although Sabu returning isnt so bad, I suppose.

I hope the wrestling is at least good here, especially with the X Cup matches.

It appears that TNA is spinning it's wheels in the mud until TV starts back up in October, which is why things appear weak right now in terms of storylines and such. Another thing with that is October is when the 90 day no-compete clauses expire for the newly released WWE'ers.

One problem I have is them doing the Super X Cup right now. The X Divsion is one of the few things that distinguish TNA from WWE that is a positive and this tournament should be done at the launch of the new Spike TV show, not now. Bad move IMO. Super X should be used to hook in the newer fans who will tune into the TV show as opposed to only being available for download for the hardcore fans who are already on board and know what the X Division is all about.

I agree totally with what Magus and RedJed have to say. And I think countless others will too.

If TNA cant see what a few posters on a forum can clearly see on all counts, then there is something gravely wrong somewhere.

I personally thought that TNA were on the right track, making the right calls and booking generally interesting stuff, which was pointing in the right direction, especially with the TV deal. Now was the time given how low the WWE currently is.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
Does Chris Sabin ever win anymore?

Heh, was gonna post almost the same thing.

At one time he was the X champ and getting pretty over with the 'hail sabin' thing.

Now it seems like he's the Tito Santana of TNA. :D

Now, I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward the main event, surprisingly enough. I'm a fan of Raven. I'm a fan of Rhino. I like Sabu when he's motivated, and judging from his match with Rhino at ONS, he's MOTIVATED as ever right now due to coming back from life-saving surgery. Jarrett...well, every match needs a downside. It's going to be INSANE, and I guarantee you everybody will bleed.

Okay, so quick poll...do you think TNA will ever introduce light tubes?

Okay, so quick poll...do you think TNA will ever introduce light tubes?

Not if they want to stay on national TV.

Didn't some of the networks show unedited lightbulb spots on the 20/20 specials or whatever?

If they ever were to do light tubes it would be in a backstage controlled environment. That's way too big of a risk for a national promotion to try.

And plus, pre-taped would allow them to cut the segment (or edit it) if blood flow was too strong.

To answer Corey's question - I wouldnt be surprised if lightbulbs were used on TNA ppv. Before King of the Ring 1998 I never thought Id see thumbtacks in WWF/WCW....did anything ever come of that with USA at the time?

Guest MikeSC

I don't think light bulbs ever bring anything to the table. Tacks are a stretch --- but for the final step in a brutal match, they work. There really is nothing light bulbs do. They're not terribly compelling (unlike, say, the idea of a backful of tacks) and cross the line from "violent" to "goofy violence in the hopes of covering up a weak match".

Orton v Foley at Backlash would have been decent without tacks. HHH v Foley would have been great without tacks.

I've never seen a match with light bulbs that didn't pretty well suck from start to finish.

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree here, Mikey my boy. I think light tubes could add something to the match if they were built up. And I don't mean swung around and getting with them either, because that is too cheesy and does scream "hey, violence!" But if they were placed on a table, or a bunch of them were taped together into a table-like surface, and then somebody was thrown through them...that's a sick visual, especially to end a match.

And, IMO, the introduction of the thumbtacks made Orton/Foley that much better, and is also one of the reasons Orton started getting over as a face (because fans recognized that he'd take an ass-kicking and get back up).

By the way, Mike...welcome back.

"Tell Sabu to fuck Sabu."

:D Man, that is never going to get old.

It wont for me. I can imagine Vince saying it too. Sabu should be no way near a TNA ME. And did they even bother to describe how Sabu and Raven are back on the same page? He is a wrestler who should be competing for something like the NWA North American Heavyweight Title at best, but more likely the Tag straps with somebody else.

I don't think light bulbs ever bring anything to the table. Tacks are a stretch --- but for the final step in a brutal match, they work. There really is nothing light bulbs do. They're not terribly compelling (unlike, say, the idea of a backful of tacks) and cross the line from "violent" to "goofy violence in the hopes of covering up a weak match".

Orton v Foley at Backlash would have been decent without tacks. HHH v Foley would have been great without tacks.

I've never seen a match with light bulbs that didn't pretty well suck from start to finish.

I disagree. Ive always thought it would be cool to have a match inside a glass cube, in the sense that it is put over the ring like a steel cage. Things will get really nasty when somebody is suplexed for example through it and it shatters. Broken glass is extremely painful, especially if somebody is dropped on it.

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree here, Mikey my boy. I think light tubes could add something to the match if they were built up. And I don't mean swung around and getting with them either, because that is too cheesy and does scream "hey, violence!" But if they were placed on a table, or a bunch of them were taped together into a table-like surface, and then somebody was thrown through them...that's a sick visual, especially to end a match.

And, IMO, the introduction of the thumbtacks made Orton/Foley that much better, and is also one of the reasons Orton started getting over as a face (because fans recognized that he'd take an ass-kicking and get back up).

It looks dumb if you swing it like a singapore cane. I dont think anything should get up after being drop onto a pile of glass.

My sentiments exactly too. Thats why I think it should have happened at Bad Blood, and it should have 3rd gen superstar vs 3rd gen superstar at Backlash in Rock vs Orton.

Guest MikeSC
Sabu looked really good at ONS, and when you consider how incredibly unimportant this PPV is (no TV), I could care less.

This show is all about Joe/Styles.

Well, I'll spare you my opinion on Sabu's work at ONS (my review of the show, suffice to say, was not positive --- 2d worst PPV of the year, though I've yet to see Vengeance or GAB). Sabu's just a really poor worker.