TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

7/22 Impact

Watching this last night on Sun Sports (thank god I have a dish) and this was way better than the spoilers on paper. Both X Cup matches were tremendous, with Joe-Dutt being TONS better than their previous match, and dare I say Joe's best match in TNA so far. Styles-Bentley was also solid and one of the better Bentley matches I've seen in a long time.

Other things that happened that the spoilers didnt really elaborate on was Raven challenging Jarrett to a match in the future, stating that both of them can't be in TNA for much longer and one has to leave, so it very well may be possible they could be setting up Raven v. Jarrett in a loser leaves the company match, which opens up a huge can of worms on "what if" Jarrett might actually be gone by the time November or so comes around and TNA starts a new Jarrett-less direction after such. Complete speculation but just a thought.

Waltman and Jerry Lynn did a pretaped segment in the back that was very strong, going back and forth arguing with each other - you have to see it to know what I mean. Built great heat for a feud with them, and they will be having a match at the next ppv, they already announced.

Good stuff this week, worth checking out on the website for sure.

This was a great show... Joe/Dutt was better than Crazy/Rey or Benoit/Eddy on Smackdown which is really saying something.

Probably the best Impact they've ever had fairly easily.

I liked the Raven/Jarrett stuff since they have a good history in TNA. It's easy to hate Jarrett when he's playing off his backstage character and I can handle him having a two month feud with Raven if he finally goes out of the main event after that. Loved how they played off the PPV finish.

Great show. Impact has been solid for months, imo. Nice psychology in the main event, in an x-division match no less. Joe and Dutt put on a great match, with Joe having the right amount of dominance but with Dutt having the offense in because of what he learned from the previous match he had with Joe at Slammiversary. Also a nice build up of storylines and I'm just glad this BG James thing is starting to end in a few weeks. Most likely he'll end up the ref for the 3LK vs Brown/Kip match at the ppv.

Watching this last night on Sun Sports (thank god I have a dish) and this was way better than the spoilers on paper.

This happened last month too. Everyone said coming out of the tapings taht shows didn't look good and once they're aired, everyone was singing their praises. I think this is because when they do the 4 hour taping, they tape all the backstage promos the day before and don't show them to the live crowd to save time. In the spoiler thread, everyone was complaining about Lynn and Waltman not being on the show, and in the first episode, they've already set up a match that will have a lot of heat and is playing off a lot of backstory.

Other things that happened that the spoilers didnt really elaborate on was Raven challenging Jarrett to a match in the future, stating that both of them can't be in TNA for much longer and one has to leave, so it very well may be possible they could be setting up Raven v. Jarrett in a loser leaves the company match, which opens up a huge can of worms on "what if" Jarrett might actually be gone by the time November or so comes around and TNA starts a new Jarrett-less direction after such. Complete speculation but just a thought.

Waltman and Jerry Lynn did a pretaped segment in the back that was very strong, going back and forth arguing with each other - you have to see it to know what I mean. Built great heat for a feud with them, and they will be having a match at the next ppv, they already announced.

How Raven-JJ is developing is very interesting, as I thought it would it.

Thank god that Lynn-Waltman has been added in.

This was a great show... Joe/Dutt was better than Crazy/Rey or Benoit/Eddy on Smackdown which is really saying something.

Probably the best Impact they've ever had fairly easily.

I liked the Raven/Jarrett stuff since they have a good history in TNA.  It's easy to hate Jarrett when he's playing off his backstage character and I can handle him having a two month feud with Raven if he finally goes out of the main event after that.  Loved how they played off the PPV finish.

Yes, it is. Crazy/Rey wasnt anything special but Benoit/Eddy felt a lot better than ONS did.

The PPV finish had to constructed in such a way so as to lead to JJ-Raven. I personally have no problem with it, just think that it could be used to elevate Brown back to true ME status.

Great show. Impact has been solid for months, imo. Nice psychology in the main event, in an x-division match no less. Joe and Dutt put on a great match, with Joe having the right amount of dominance but with Dutt having the offense in because of what he learned from the previous match he had with Joe at Slammiversary.

Also a nice build up of storylines and I'm just glad this BG James thing is starting to end in a few weeks. Most likely he'll end up the ref for the 3LK vs Brown/Kip match at the ppv.

I love it when wrestlers dont fall for what happened to them in the past.

Thank god for that if BG is reffing the match.

I think this is because when they do the 4 hour taping, they tape all the backstage promos the day before and don't show them to the live crowd to save time.

In the spoiler thread, everyone was complaining about Lynn and Waltman not being on the show, and in the first episode, they've already set up a match that will have a lot of heat and is playing off a lot of backstory.

I think your right about the tapings.

For me the spoiler thread is a bit of cluster fuck, since you dont know when 1 show starts and the other ends.

IMHO Lynn-Waltman needed some form of confrontation at ringside.

Guest MikeSC

I do hope TNA will abandon the multiple episode shoots. I worry that it kills the audience and it does kill anticipation of storylines.

I do hope TNA will abandon the multiple episode shoots. I worry that it kills the audience and it does kill anticipation of storylines.

I think it kills the audience too. You could really tell the difference between the first show and the fourth one at the last taping. Dixie Carter said during the conference call announcing the deal that they'd tape 2 episodes at a time, starting on Sept. 27 I think.

Guest MikeSC

I'm not sure 2 eps at a time is a great idea. I know, it's only 2 hours --- but I'd rather two hot crowds than one that might get burnt out --- especially if something in hour 1 is just terrible (not outside the realm of possibility).

Heck, I remember how terrible (and, well, non-existant) the crowd was for the 2d ever episode of TNA on PPV.

I'm not sure 2 eps at a time is a great idea. I know, it's only 2 hours --- but I'd rather two hot crowds than one that might get burnt out --- especially if something in hour 1 is just terrible (not outside the realm of possibility).

Yeah, I like the fresh crowds too. 2 eps is definitely better than 4 though, b/c now at least they can run promos in front of the live crowd instead of taping them the day before.

Heck, I remember how terrible (and, well, non-existant) the crowd was for the 2d ever episode of TNA on PPV.

Yeah, that 2nd show the audience was done. But part of that problem was that they were taping 2 hour shows and they didn't start the taped episode until the live one ended, around 10 est, as opposed to the way WWE does it when they have their supershow, which i believe is taping half of SD before Raw and half after.

Good to hear. I kinda figured that Waltman vs. Lynn would get some sort of backstage build-up, and what you described here sounds really good. But what I'm REALLY interested in now is Raven/JJ. I'm glad that Raven is making some sort of stand, as the taping spoilers didn't make him out to look very strong against Jarrett. Adding a "Loser Leaves TNA" stip to their fued would be a HUGE shot in the arm, and I'm fuckin' thrilled to see if/when Jarrett leaves.

Also, someone mentioned having BG James as the ref to the next Kip/Brown vs. 3LK match, which I think is a good idea.

Guest MikeSC

I doubt JJ leaves. I really do. Unlike Raven, he really has nowhere else to go and he is too big a mark for himself to leave.

I see Raven leaving more than I see JJ leaving.

I doubt JJ leaves. I really do. Unlike Raven, he really has nowhere else to go and he is too big a mark for himself to leave.

If that proposed "national company" the guy from NWA Ohio actually takes off, I could see JJ going there, though. But it's highly doubtful that company even will ever exist.

There's always a pipe dream of a chance the Jarretts may still try to pull a power play and leave TNA and start their own organization (as was rumored to be suggested to some if it came down to the Jarretts getting completely out of power in TNA), but with the Spike deal now in tact, who knows. They probably now want to stay and are trying to make friends within the company again.

If that proposed "national company" the guy from NWA Ohio actually takes off, I could see JJ going there, though. But it's highly doubtful that company even will ever exist.

There's always a pipe dream of a chance the Jarretts may still try to pull a power play and leave TNA and start their own organization (as was rumored to be suggested to some if it came down to the Jarretts getting completely out of power in TNA), but with the Spike deal now in tact, who knows. They probably now want to stay and are trying to make friends within the company again.

What he said. I think that Jeff and Jerry leaving is possible, whether they go to this supposed new Ohio fed, or just start up another of their own. The point here is, if they're going to go with a "loser leaves" angle, one of the two--Raven or Jarrett--is going to have to leave, even if its just for several months. Ideally, this is where TNA finally sheds the stigma of JJ, but even if he isn't jumping ship, maybe TNA can get him off TV for about six months or so.

Guest Greg Valentine

Just in case anyone in the area cares, right here in Augusta, GA TNA Impact is airing two nights a week on WBEK, I think it's channel 107 or 108. It's been coming on Saturdays at 8 and Tuesdays at either 8 or 9. I believe Xplosion was originally airing at those time but ever since Impact got dropped from FSN the webisodes have been airing here as well. Oh, and is there something about Samoa Joe I'm missing? I take it he has not really had a match so far that shows his full potential that everyone raves about. Can the guy talk? If so, what's with the silent angle? I've been quite underwhelmed so far, though I will admit his match with Dutt did get a lot more time than his others have and was a bit better as such.

"Oh, and is there something about Samoa Joe I'm missing?"

Obviously.

"I take it he has not really had a match so far that shows his full potential that everyone raves about."

He hasn't had the Joe vs. Punk matches that RoH has provided...but his match against Sabin did steal a ppv that Dave Meltzer said had four better matches than the best match on WWE's latest offering.

"Can the guy talk?"

Yes.

"If so, what's with the silent angle?"

He's being pushed as Taz circa 1997. Until someone really challenges him in a TNA ring...he has no need to talk about his motivation. Just destroy all comers.

"I've been quite underwhelmed so far, though I will admit his match with Dutt did get a lot more time than his others have and was a bit better as such. "

Politely...you are a retard. Underwhelmed by the best addition to the roster since Daniels in week 5 of the friggin weekly shows? What are you looking for in a match???????

Guest Greg Valentine
"Oh, and is there something about Samoa Joe I'm missing?"

Obviously.

"I take it he has not really had a match so far that shows his full potential that everyone raves about."

He hasn't had the Joe vs. Punk matches that RoH has provided...but his match against Sabin did steal a ppv that Dave Meltzer said had four better matches than the best match on WWE's latest offering.

"Can the guy talk?"

Yes.

"If so, what's with the silent angle?"

He's being pushed as Taz circa 1997.  Until someone really challenges him in a TNA ring...he has no need to talk about his motivation.  Just destroy all comers.

"I've been quite underwhelmed so far, though I will admit his match with Dutt did get a lot more time than his others have and was a bit better as such. "

Politely...you are a retard.  Underwhelmed by the best addition to the roster since Daniels in week 5 of the friggin weekly shows?  What are you looking for in a match???????

Look, I never said the guy was awful or anything, I just haven't seen anything that lives up to all the hype everyone has given him. It looks like his in-ring style is a lot different than most of the others in TNA, especially X-Division wise. He looks to me to be more of a slower, more methodical, submission based wrestler and to me that clashes with the people he's wrestled on TV so far with. I didn't see the PPV and I've never seen ROH so I can't base my opinions on that. I hope he can find an opponent in TNA that can have the kind of match with him that everyone says he's capable of. I'm actually looking forward to his match against AJ at the PPV, if they give those guys a lot of time I think that could really bring out the best in Joe and I would love to see that.