TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Recommend alcoholic beverages

My 21st birthday is coming up this Saturday. I've imbibed many an alcoholic beverage in my day, but mostly they have been random varieties of the cheapest sorts of hard liquor (vodka and whiskey) that could be found. I've had many types of beer, but I've always been more of a liquor guy.

I'd say my favorite types of hard liquor are Southern Comfort and (while the "hard part is debatable, it's 30%) peppermint schnapps. Every Wednesday for the past 2 months or so, I've been drinking Budweiser at this pizza place/bar (Wednesdays are 40% off nights) and I'm enjoying that. I've rarely ever had any mixed drinks, though.

What do you recommend I try on my birthday that will get me good and sloshed, but not too fucked up to where I can't enjoy some quality post-drinking time with the old lady?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The tradition around here is a Rusty Water. 151 and hot sauce.

If you go anywhere with some class, order a James Bond martini.

Irish Car Bomb

Black Hole(Have them make it with RumpleMintz instead of peppermint schnapps)

Shot of Patron Silver Tequilla

Black Hole(Have them make it with RumpleMintz instead of peppermint schnapps)

Isn't Rumpleminze (that's how I always thought it was spelled) peppermint schnapps with 50% alcohol? I had planned on trying some but have never seen any around. I'll probably have to get it at an actual liquor store if I want a bottle.

With that said, thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming.

EDIT: I should have said this before alongside the "not wanting to get too sloshed not to function" part, but I'm 5'8" and 125 pounds for those who don't know, and my tolerance is pretty low now thanks to rarely drinking more than twice per week these days.

Edited by Matt Young

Guest Vitamin X

Try a Jager Bomb to start the night off, since it won't make you tired (It's Red Bull and Jagermeister).

One of the shots I remember taking on my 21st birthday was a Prairie Fire - Tequila and Tobasco.

If you're not looking for anything fancy, I suggest Jim Beam Black.

A Grecian Urn or a Sweety Mexican can be fun.

For mixed drinks, I recomened 7 and 7, Tom Collins, or an Amirillo Sour.

I'd stick to the cheapest beer at the bars b/c you'll be too shit faced to tell the difference.

The P fire is so fucking gross. It's still fun to give to someone on a birthday. The tradition around here is to just do straight up tequila. You might not be walking by the end of the night though.

Try a Jager Bomb to start the night off, since it won't make you tired (It's Red Bull and Jagermeister).

I've been wanting to try this for a while now. Ever since someone at work told me about it.

Jagerbombs are good, but the outrageous price of a redbull at a bar usually keeps me from ordering one. The one time I had one at a bar, a buddy bought himself and the rest of our group a round.

Well, you could have a disastrous night drinking Long Island Iced Teas, which are a bit ... pink, but then, so is peppermint schnapps.

If you want to go the traditional route, just throw down the gauntlet by telling people it's your birthday and wait for the shots to roll in. Order a beer, or a Budweiser since that seems to be your bag, as a chaser and just nurse it between shots.

Most young drinkers who have attachments to things like peppermint schnapps also appreciate the flavored vodka tonic. Depending where you are, they'll usually have a variety of flavore vodkas, ranging from lemon to raspberry to peach, and I've even seen mango around. Mandarin and tonic is a perfectly acceptable version, although I'm partial to green apple.

You might be tempted to order a martini. Don't. The only "martinis" you're likely to find palatable will be fruity and flourescent, and being seen drinking them will completely interfere with your getting laid. (Real martinis are an excuse for drunks like myself to drink four shots of gin without admitting to drinking four shots of gin.)

If I'm misinterpreting and you do have a taste for the harsher liquors, go ahead and suck down good bourbon or scotch all night. It's also acceptable to drink cheap scotch with a splash of amaretto, provided you refer to it as a Godfather and never actually admit that you're drinking amaretto. If you do, your penis will visibly shrink. (I'm partial to The Dalmore's Cigar Malt as far as scotch goes. It's good stuff.)

Enjoy! Let us know you're not dead once you wake up on Monday.

Edited by Ace309

LOL, thanks. it's now officially my birthday and I am drunk. I also have to be up at 8 AM to drink with a friend who is leaving town this afternoon.

If I can get a ride, I'll be hitting up bars in Los Angeles (45 minutes away). Maybe I'll run into Ashlee Simpson and get my dick sucked in the bathroom.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Drink a Rusty Water or Prairie Fire immediately before going to the last bar of the evening.

Deffo stick with the Southern Comfort. Other than that I'd say get your hands on some Goldshclager. Had some last night. It's delicious and it has gold in it.