TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackie fargo

Kevin Nash weighs in on the Hogan&HBK match..

Guest jackie fargo

It's official, It seems as though, From reading this article, and the Comments Nash makes in terms of speaking with HBK, it seems that HBK is refusing to go Heel... It's also crazy for WWE to ask if Nash if Hulk held HBK down, Hogan wasn't around when Shawn started making a upper-tier push..

Kevin Nash looking forward to 'Shakespeare' at SummerSlam

By Ed Williams III

July 27, 2005

Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan are two of the most famous names in WWE history. Up until now, their paths have never really crossed. Hulkamania was born in 1984 and was running wild in WWE through the early 1990s. Once Hogan left for WCW, HBK began his rise to dominance in the singles ranks, accumulating one of the most impressive resumes in WWE history.

Former WWE Champion Kevin Nash (aka Diesel) has been linked to both The Icon and The Legend throughout his career. As a result, there’s probably no other wrestler alive today that can compare the two Superstars better than Nash. WWE.com was able to catch up with Nash recently to talk about the upcoming battle.

WWE.com: You have been closely linked to both Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan during your career. How would you compare the two experiences?

Kevin Nash: Working with both were real highlights of my career. Coming in with Shawn was basically the origin of my WWE career. And Hulk was actually there when I came in for a short time, and then of course the nWo was a huge highlight of my career. Hulk played a big part of that. Both of those guys were very instrumental in the success of my career. It was kind of like your first kiss with Shawn. And then Hulk was later on in my career after I had success, so it was a completely different experience entirely. Shawn and I traveled every day for three years night in and night out, 365 days a year. I learned the business from Shawn and Scott (Hall). I took what I learned from them and was able to help create what we did in Atlanta (WCW).

WWE.com: Did Shawn ever talk to you about Hogan holding him back in the late 1980s – early 1990s?

Nash: No, not really. When we got in there it was pretty much a big man territory. I think that’s one of the reasons Shawn brought me in. He brought in the biggest heel he could to get heat on, so at least they’d (the bigger wrestlers) work with me.

WWE.com: This week on RAW, Shawn said that the old HBK was back. Do you believe that Shawn is capable of truly bringing the old HBK back?

Nash: To me, he’s always been able to shift gears. He’s always been able to buzzsaw somebody. I just don’t think he’s going to compromise his beliefs that he presently has for the betterment of a SummerSlam match. I think this match is much like The Rock vs. Hogan at WrestleMania (X8). You won’t hate either of them more than the other. I know that I’ll watch it because it’s a match I haven’t seen. They’re saying it’s the Icon vs. the Legend, and that’s what it is. It’s something we haven’t seen before. The psychology of who’s heel and who’s babyface doesn’t’ really matter. It’s just two great performers – one has had 25, 30 years and one has had 21, 22 great years, and it’s a match that’s never happened. It’s the old Pro Wrestling Illustrated Dream Match – the computer match – but we actually get to see it.

WWE.com: You touched on it already, but can you elaborate on whether or not you think Shawn’s beliefs would hinder the old HBK from coming back?

Nash: I just don’t think, in talking to him the last couple of weeks, that he feels he needs that. I think that the really successful people in our business have been able to pull something out that’s a real personality trait. And that’s not a real personality trait he has anymore. He won’t be raunchy, but I’m sure he can create violence. I watch the shows occasionally, still, and there’s not a whole lot of guys that create violence. And plus Shawn’s great anyways. Shawn’s not going to not have a great performance.

WWE.com: What do you think we can expect from this match?

Nash: I just pray the young guys sit around the monitors and keep their mouths shut and watch how it’s done. If they want to see how to work and not do high spots and Chinese Firedrill and just want to see how it’s done – sit down and watch Shakespeare.

WWE.com: Is there anything in particular that you are looking most forward to in this match?

Nash: I’m looking forward to the finish. With the two huge egos going into this, I want to see how things pan out. That to me will be incredibly interesting.

I just want to say that WWE.com's really improved a lot. Having stuff like interviews from people outside the company really make it a lot more interesting than a basic kayfabe site.

As for Nash's comments on HBK, I think all he's really saying is that he won't bring back the DX HBK that likes to make dick jokes. He doesn't mean that Shawn can't continue to wrestle faces and act egotistical.

It is basic kayfabe stuff, it's just using words like "Heel" and "Babyface" to make it appear to be a "shoot".  Just awful.

This is how they can placate the smarks by putting up fluff disguised as 'insider' stuff.

Nash: I’m looking forward to the finish. With the two huge egos going into this, I want to see how things pan out. That to me will be incredibly interesting.

I read this as: who's going to be willing to do the J.O.B.?

Guest jackie fargo

WWE.com is putting up what they want wrestling fans to believe to be real life drama.. WWE is trying to mark to the internet base by gving real(fake) interviews..

But the jist of the article is still going with some obvouis underlining themes here, it's apparent by HBK's approach to his promos that he his unwilling to be the heel in this match..

But, It wouldn't surpise me if they use Kevin Nash somehow in the angle?

WWE.com: What do you think we can expect from this match?

Nash: I just pray the young guys sit around the monitors and keep their mouths shut and watch how it’s done. If they want to see how to work and not do high spots and Chinese Firedrill and just want to see how it’s done – sit down and watch Shakespeare.

I loved it when Mercutio no-sold the fatal stab, kipped up and finished off Tybalt.

WWE.com is putting up what they want wrestling fans to believe to be real life drama.. WWE is trying to mark to the internet base by gving real(fake) interviews..

But the jist of the article is still going with some obvouis underlining themes here, it's apparent by HBK's approach to his promos that he his unwilling to be the heel in this match..

How do you figure? He was cocky enough. What do you expect him to do? Insult the fans for no reason that are cheering him? For the most part, it seemed like an old school HBK 97 heel promo. I think they're just trying to let the fans decide who the face and the heel are, which is perfect. Either that or they want them both to get mixed reactions.

Oddds are 3:1 that Shawn  loses his smile halfway through the match.

I could have sworn Shawn blew out his smile at Wrestlemania, and has been working through the injury.

Is Hogan in any shape to be legdropping anybody?

I'm hoping they are doing this type of stuff to throw people off about Shawn's turn.. then in the actual match it self he just goes full blown heel and starts destroying Hogan with chairs and shit.. kind of like the Austin-Rock match at X-7.

Guest jackie fargo
I'm hoping they are doing this type of stuff to throw people off about Shawn's turn.. then in the actual match it self he just goes full blown heel and starts destroying Hogan with chairs and shit.. kind of like the Austin-Rock match at X-7.

That would be very well played if it happens..

HBK turns during and after the match beats Hogan down, Cena or a returning Face HHH makes the save for Hogan setting up HBK's next opponent?

Though, I hope HHH doesn't return at all-but I could see HHH returning as a face.

Guest jackie fargo
Yes, because Rd. XV of HHH-HBK is exactly what we need

We don't need HHH in any form on WWE TV-He had a birthday today, he turned 37 and really has no where he can go with his persona other than turniing face and getting mixed reactions for about 7-8 months before the crowd turns on him-

He has no mic skills, in ring ability is average and his story telling in the ring is terrible.

No HHH, Yes to Jericho!!

Guest jackie fargo
HHH is one of the best promos they have.  The problem comes with him going on for 10 minutes when he only needed 2.

HHH delivers on promos compared to other guys because he has 3x the opportunity to give them-

HHH is one of the best promos they have.  The problem comes with him going on for 10 minutes when he only needed 2.

Well of course he delivers one of their best promos. When you spend year after year delivering the exact same interview almost verbatim, odds are, you'll eventually get it right.

Well of course he delivers one of their best promos. When you spend year after year delivering the exact same interview almost verbatim, odds are, you'll eventually get it right.

Really, then what happened to Cena and JBL? They repeat themselves way more than HHH does and they're nowhere near as entertaining.

Guest MadManOnTheWater

Yup. We clearly need a DQ non-finish to set up Hogan-HBK II. In an old school blue-bar cage. With gratuitous run-ins by Kevin Nash and Brutus Beefcake.

Really, then what happened to Cena and JBL? They repeat themselves way more than HHH does and they're nowhere near as entertaining.

Well for one, their acts are a lot fresher than HHH's. I've always liked him on the mic, but he's been running almost the exact same shit now for years.

Yup. We clearly need a DQ non-finish to set up Hogan-HBK II. In an old school blue-bar cage. With gratuitous run-ins by Kevin Nash and Brutus Beefcake.

That would change my life. But only if they come as BootyMan and Vinnie Vegas.

I had a dream last night that Kevin Nash wrestled the big tall guy that was the giant in Big Fish and Tiny in the Rob Zombie flicks.

Yes folks, it was indeed a nightmare.

I had a dream last night that Kevin Nash wrestled the big tall guy that was the giant in Big Fish and Tiny in the Rob Zombie flicks.

Yes folks, it was indeed a nightmare.

I'm scared just thinking about that, what did you eat/drink/ingest to bring about that abomination??