TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Paul has the second best chance of the nomination behind only Giuliani. Neither will get within 10% in November barring something coming to jar America's collective stupidity (this only works for Rudy).

Romney won't be able to overcome his Massachusets stigma no matter how much cash he spends. Old Man Thompson is not a serious candidate.

Anyway, I can definitely see Romney getting the GOP nomination because of his strength in Iowa. Huckabee's fundraising and on the ground organization have been abysmal, and he is being actively opposed by the Club for Growth and the rest of the "trickle down" set.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

A small Ron Paul smear campaign by Time's Joel Stein, whom I usually like, but this was bad. I guess we can't all be as perfect as supporters of John Kennedy and other glamorous Democratic candidates.

So wait a minute here. Mr. 9/11 Rudy Guliani is accepting the endorsement from a man who publicly agreed with Jerry Falwell that America had 9/11 coming because of gays and abortion!?! If the media has the balls to bring that up, I wonder how Guliani handles it...

A small Ron Paul smear campaign by Time's Joel Stein, whom I usually like, but this was bad. I guess we can't all be as perfect as supporters of John Kennedy and other glamorous Democratic candidates.

Dude.

Ron Paul's supporters had their big fundraising push on GUY FAWKES DAY. That's the guy who tried to blow up Parliament.

9/11 Truthers. The gold standard. Eliminating the federal reserve system.

Joel Stein is dead on.

I know what Guy Fawkes Day is. I'm not a complete idiot.

Dude.

Ron Paul's supporters had their big fundraising push on GUY FAWKES DAY. That's the guy who tried to blow up Parliament.

Joel Stein is dead on.

That's the stuff I find most interesting about the attention that Paul gets. Here is a guy who makes Milton Friedman look like Karl Marx, yet liberals are cheering him on like some kind of messiah who is trying to deliver the GOP from evil. Same with the 9/11 truthers and anarchists who are so in love with his anti-washington rhetoric, but forget that he only really wants to transfer powers back to the states.

This whole phenomenon epitomizes the reality that policy substance is irrelevant to so many people. Though having said that, the case for a gold standard was pretty good at a time before computers.

Well Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate in favor of ending the war, so it affords him the luxury of being able to speak more freely on the issue because he probably figures that the War is the biggest issue so any republicans/conservatives out there who happen to agree with him will automatically flock to him, and then he can pick up some Dems or Independents who aren't paying attention to other issues.

The thing that boggles my mind though is that for all the democrat voters/independents that find Ron Paul so intriguing because of his harsh stance on the Iraq War, it seems they are failing to see Kusinich basically saying the same exact thing, yet without all the crazy viewpoints on other issues that they don't agree with but for some reason are willing to look past.

The thing that boggles my mind though is that for all the democrat voters/independents that find Ron Paul so intriguing because of his harsh stance on the Iraq War, it seems they are failing to see Kusinich basically saying the same exact thing, yet without all the crazy viewpoints on other issues that they don't agree with but for some reason are willing to look past.

Probably cause Kucinich looks like a Keebler Elf. The guy just screams "fringe candidate" while Paul has some little sliver of a chance of winning. Idiots want to back people who might have a shot at winning the nomination.

Joel Stein is dead on.

I'd rather hang out with anarchists and nutjobs than the Democratic Party's loyal foot soldiers, for whatever that's worth.

To a lot of people, Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who would actually end the war in Iraq. That matters.

Fair enough. In Australia we're having our federal election in a couple of weeks, and Iraq is not even an issue, its all economics. If one of the major political parties espoused Paul's ideas, then it would kill the party off completely.

Joel Stein is dead on.

I'd rather hang out with anarchists and nutjobs than the Democratic Party's loyal foot soldiers, for whatever that's worth.

If it was like "YOU HAVE TO SIT AROUND AND TALK ABOUT POLITICS" I think I agree with you, but under any other circumstances I'd rather spend the day stapling the meaty part of my calf than hang out with a bunch of anarchists.

I'd have lunch with anarchists and gold standard advocates if their style of dress wasn't too contrived. I just don't like those earnest young optimists who really care about making the world a better place, especially if they refer to what they're doing as "working in the trenches" or something lame.

"Truthers" should all be kneed in the junk, though, and I guess I just have to accept them as the black sheep of the Ron Paul support base, probably the same way Hillary Clinton supporters have to begrudgingly accept vapid suburban women.

Hillary Clinton can't take a crap without people thinking its a sign she's running for president.

I still say she won't run, based on the idea that she smart enough to know she can't win. That won't stop the press from shoving her down our throats with constant "hints" she's a candidate, like they did with Colin Powell in 1996 and Mario Cuomo in 1992.

Wow - two years ago.

Electoral reform up in this bitch.

Is necessary.

Single plurality sucks.

Proportional Representation is better.

Sign in to follow this