TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Fuck the polls. Obama will win 46 states and you guys know it.

Man, McCain is uninspiring. Also, why do these supporters keep saying everything in trisyllabic chant form? It's like watching ECW.

I know, he just kept droning on and on and on. At least Romney, of all people, appeared to be speaking extemporaneously.

The MSNBC panel of droolers is tearing him to shreds, rightfully so in this case. They sound catty, like he's being verbally assaulted by style columnists for his dress. This wasn't a great day for America :(

god they're all laughing at him offstage. even I feel bad for McCain now. Fuck this Mickey Mouse operation.

Okay, someone needs to point out that Rudy Giuliani's entire campaign has been the quintessential example of what NOT to do in an election.

From initially having his top secret campaign plans stolen and revealed before he ever officially declared his candidacy.

To the crippling political scandals with Bernard Kerik and the taxpayer controversy with Judith Nathan.

To ignoring the first few primaries -- forgetting that momentum is essential for any presidential candidate -- and placing all his hopes on Florida, California, and New York.

To constantly harping on 9/11 despite not having any support from the firemen that worked at Ground Zero.

To taking a phone call from his wife during a speech to the NRA -- oh god, what the hell was that. Who told him that it would be a GOOD idea to interrupt this speech in front of already-skeptical NRA members so he could tell his wife he loves her?

And let's not forget the issue inconsistency on gun control and illegal immigration, among others, which now makes him a prime target for the flip-flopper label.

Giuliani has completely bungled a campaign that looked at the beginning of 2007 to be an inevitability. Unlike Hillary Clinton though who could be accused of the same thing, it doesn't even look like Giuliani is close anymore.

Edwards is dead right.

The fact that in the 21st century Americans, the richest country in the world allow their citizens to DIE IS A DISGRACE.

And you lot call the Democrats left wing, in the UK it cracks us up.

An anti gay rights runner (90% of the Rep feild) ran for PM in the UK would be laughed out of the country.

Clinton played her ultimate victory card: Cry and make the stupid people think she's soft inside.

Well done, well done indeed.

Yeah I turned over to CNN tonight to catch these results and was slightly surprised to see Hillary had won. Not "OMG" level shocked but it was surprising given the polls I'd seen in the past few days.

Count me in on not knowing what the hell Giuliani is trying to accomplish. The guy was a front runner but for whatever baffling reason didn't bother to try in these early primaries to the point where now both Huckabee and McCain have more momentum than he does. This isn't a situation like with Hillary where she was in the thick of things in Iowa and then won NH....Giuliani isn't even on the radar in these states. He finished right around where Ron Paul finished.

This group of Republicans is a bigger group of jobbers than the 1996 group. At least there Dole had some vestige of credibility and sanity.

Hillary isn't electable. And if I've learned anything, it's that I don't trust the internet when it comes to picking who's going to win the election.

And why the fuck are people using wrestling terms in a political discussion. Get the fuck out of here, guy.

Why doesn't Fox News just have a parade for Clinton winning? I've never seen so many people at a tv station happy someone won like Fox is with Clinton.

Hillary's speech was stilted, insincere, and all-around uninspiring, so where were the offstage giggles about how bad HER speech was? Also, how about Barack's "I'm Marty fuckin' King" act there. Yes, we get it. A refrain. It's been done better.

The fact that in the 21st century Americans, the richest country in the world allow their citizens to DIE IS A DISGRACE.

Yeah, I don't think we should be sending more Americans to die in Iraq, either. You're absolutely right, it is a disgrace.

Is it just me, or did Wolf Blitzer look a little spooked after they had to cut away from Paul's speech about taking down the Fed? Yeah, there's your change right there.

Would someone tell me what significance New Hampshire has on the actual nomination?

News flash: World Death Rate Holding Steady at 100%. Film at 11.

How does the Eastern time zone wait till 11 for their news? Central is the most perfect of all the time zones, if you ask me.

Guest Smues
How does the Eastern time zone wait till 11 for their news? Central is the most perfect of all the time zones, if you ask me.

Alaskan is where it's at. You get the news at 10, but with the added bonus of watch live sports at reasonable hours.

I love when the Cubs have the rare noon start in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh and I get late-breakfast baseball. It's great. Way cooler than a boring old 6/7p start. The cognitive dissonance of watching live sports at 11 in the morning is a warm and fuzzy dissonance indeed.

Do people really care about these 3 minute soundbites? They don't even answer the f'ing question ("I think guns are bad mmmkay? And if I can go back to the point I was making earlier...") and seem to be content on asking them about their likability.

I actually think Hillary would make a good president. I'm not denying she'll do virtually anything to get elected, but that doesn't mean she's going to abuse that power as soon as she gets it. You can be power mad and still good at your job. She seems to have learned from a lot of her mistakes, especially regarding healthcare.

Anyway, the American publics standards have lowered in what they expect in a president. As long as doesn't fuck up as much as Bush did, she'll probably get a second term. She might never be beloved, but no one is denying she's serious.

Of course, she has to get elected first. Which is going to be considerbly difficult considering the amount of people who said they won't even consider voting for her. I don't think she's unelectable like some have said, but it will be difficult. More tears, I think.

Wait- Us in the Eastern Time Zone are the only ones who get most of our late evening newscasts at 11? I did not know that for some reason. The Fox and CW affliates here have 10 P.M. newscasts but they're shitty as you'd probably expect. News at 10 just feels wrong to me. And it doesn't help that Fox and the CW's 10 P.M. newscasts are just using CBS' affliate and NBC's affliates C teams for them.

News flash: World Death Rate Holding Steady at 100%. Film at 11.

To be fair, the democrats have signed up Wilfrod Brimley. He knows of a place where we will never grow old and never die.

Do you know what a death rate is, Invader? Wait a second, aren't you the same guy who tried to argue that the murder rate was homogeneous throughout the world? You're from Wisconsin, right? Here ya go. Sign up for one of these.

Also, 2GOLD, Brimley was McCain's guy.

RE: Giuliani...keep in mind that he spent more in New Hampshire THAN ANYONE EXCEPT ROMNEY and still finished right around the Lord of the Paulbots.

Sign in to follow this