TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Isn't he with his aged brethren, McCain?

Coulda swore I saw his old ass with Dean. So the Republicans have Chuck Norris, Ric Flair, Trace Adkins AND Wilford Brimley!?! Damn, that's a grouchy ass kicking dream team there. Waited 10 years for a chance to use a Cocoon joke and I screwed it up. Great, now it's another decade of waiting!

Also, truthfully, how did Hilary still top Obama? I'm really confused as to why the democrats of New Hampshire would vote Hilary when Obama was gaining serious momentum and made it seem like the party was looking to be a breath of fresh air. I am really not understanding this at all really.

Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star!

Czech was being annoying like this 2 and a half years ago.

Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star! Barack Obama Rising Star!

I was being annoyed by it too, quite frankly.

My comment was actually referencing an old Onion article. I don't get your comment about "ALLOW CITIZENS TO DIE", though.

Guest Smues
Wait- Us in the Eastern Time Zone are the only ones who get most of our late evening newscasts at 11? I did not know that for some reason. The Fox and CW affliates here have 10 P.M. newscasts but they're shitty as you'd probably expect. News at 10 just feels wrong to me. And it doesn't help that Fox and the CW's 10 P.M. newscasts are just using CBS' affliate and NBC's affliates C teams for them.

Pacific time zone is 11pm news as well.

It's not really surprising when you think about it. All the primetime network shows all go off the air at the same time. That same time is just called different things in different time zones: 11:00 PM in Eastern, 10:00 PM in Central. The news shows all come on simultaneously: ABC, NBC, and CBS at 11E/10C, Fox and CW at 10E/9C. Mountain time is the same thing, just another hour back, partly because not many people live there and the networks don't give a shit about changing all their routines for such a small fraction of the population.

The only different one is Pacific, since they're such a large number of people who're so far behind the East coast that airing the programs simultaneously wouldn't work. So most programs get delayed by three hours, and air at the same clock number time as they do in EST.

MSNBC's expert panel now includes Stephen A. Smith.

picard.jpg

For some reason, my dad likes Screamin' A. Smith and will on rare occassion, describe me some hilarious happenings on that show. Dad's getting senile I guess.

I was being annoyed by it too, quite frankly.

My comment was actually referencing an old Onion article. I don't get your comment about "ALLOW CITIZENS TO DIE", though.

It wasn't my comment.

Here is a potential problem for Michigan voters...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...on-in-michigan/

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Democratic leaders in Michigan are urging supporters of John Edwards and Barack Obama, who are not on the ballot in the state, to vote “uncommitted” in the January 15 primary – a move that could create an unexpected headache for Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Clinton is the only major presidential candidate who did not pull her name from the Michigan ballot after the national party penalized the state for scheduling the vote in mid-January, rather than later in the cycle.

The national party voted to strip Michigan of delegates as a penalty, but party leaders in the electoral-vote rich state have expressed confidence that they will be seated at the convention.

None of the candidates, including Clinton, will be campaigning here, and none have authorized write-in campaigns – which means that, under state law, their supporters cannot cast write-in votes for any of them.

But if at least 15 percent of the voters in a congressional district opt for the “uncommitted” option rather than voting for Clinton, delegates not bound to any candidate could attend the national convention – a development that could allow Edwards or Obama supporters to play a role in candidate selection there.

In this cycle, more than in recent campaigns, the delegate count may prove important. Narrow losses – which still add to a candidate’s delegate total – could keep more than one presidential hopeful in contention. “For the first time since 1988, this is a delegate race,” Clinton aide Howard Wolfson told reporters Wednesday.

A new group, Detroiters for Uncommitted Voters, is launching a grassroots campaign to promote the “uncommitted” option. The Detroit News reported Thursday that Democratic Rep. John Conyers and his wife, Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers, said they will launch ads calling for "uncommitted" votes if there is no other way to register support for Barack Obama.

The option is also being endorsed by Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, and the state’s Democratic Party Chair Mark Brewer as a way for Democrats who do not support Clinton to participate in the vote.

Neither man has endorsed a presidential candidate.

–CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

All you Michiganites, vote "uncommitted", eh?

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Bill Richardson is out. Adios, Sweaty Bill. When is Edwards gonna realize he's done?

The polling for everyone other than Clinton was pretty much dead on. What apparently happened is that every single "undecided" voter went for Clinton. Here's a nice graph I found over at Matthew Yglesias's blog.

polls.png

Man, Byron, I can't believe you ragged on me for reading liberal blogs! I think you read all the same ones that I do...considering your use of "St. John of Arizona" and your post of a graph from Matthew Yglesias.

After Kucinich and Gravel realise they're done?

They're both probably going to stick it out till the convention. Stubborn bastards they are. Isn't that what Kucinich did in '04? The moonbats need some hope dammiit!

As for Edwards, I think he'll drop out sometime before Super Tuesday.

Edwards has to be lamenting taking the VP spot on the doomed '04 ticket.

Anybody else catch the GOP debate on Fox tonight? I don't know how Ron Paul can handle it.

The Fox News Focus Group said that Thompson was the best and that Ron Paul was the worst. I should have listened and learned.

This MLK/LBJ stuff that Hillary "misspoke" about should be conveniently devisive, and just in time for the intelligent folks of South Carolina to hit the polls. Between stuff like this, her crying bullshit, and Bill calling Obama's campaign a "fairy tale", I think they have their timing back down.

Sign in to follow this