TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

After the three contests, it was expected Obama was to win them all. He still trails in total delegates. He is still going to have to prove himself to me in the March 4th primary though. Obama still hasn't been able to prove he can do well in big state contests. On to Maine and Tuesdays primary.

Guest Blue Man Czech

He's talking about mandatory community service like John Kerry did. That makes me itchy.

Guest Blue Man Czech

I don't know, I've got nothing left here. Clearly we're dealing with the most infallible bulletproof candidate to seek an office.

He's a liberal Democrat. He's not lowering taxes.

Obama has proposed tax cuts. It's right there in plain English on the Obama website. Will they actually pass? Who knows? But the proposal is there.

Clearly we're dealing with the most infallible bulletproof candidate to seek an office.

2. Oh cut the whining.

Czech, argue against Obama all you want. Just come up with a substantive reason for doing so.

"Young people like him" and "he's too inspirational" aren't working for you.

3. To the guy talking about superdelegates...they can still change their endorsement, they're not pledged. And most of them haven't endorsed yet, so there's that. I read a story the other day about a superdelegate who didn't even know they were a superdelegate. And, keep in mind, these superdelegates are politicians, so if one candidate starts looking like they're pulling ahead superdelegates will be all over them like flies on a turd.

4. Snuffbox--Obama has hardly said he'll end the war on drugs. He talked about decriminalizing marijuana (not legalizing, decriminalizing). And do you think he'll actually expend any political capital actually doing it? I doubt it.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Oh, fuck off, pal. That's not even harassment. That's a better interview from both participants than most man-on-the-street soundbites that we get anywhere. You're such a bitch when you try going ad hominem.

US Presidential hopeful Barack Obama would be assassinated if he won the race for the White House, it is claimed.

Doris Lessing, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature, said a first black American president would not be tolerated by some.

Barack Obama Obama and Hillary Clinton are the front-runners for the Democratic party's nomination for November's election.

Mrs Lessing, 88, a Brit who won the award last year, said Obama "would certainly not last long, a black man in the position of president. They would murder him".

to Swedish daily newspaper Dagens Nyheter believes it would be better if Mrs Clinton, the former First Lady, won.

Victory would make her the first female US president.

"The best thing would be if they (Clinton and Obama) were to run together. Hillary is a very sharp lady. It might be calmer if she were to win, and not Obama," she said.

This is a difficult one for me. No one should ever be scared into not voting for him because of a bunch of nutjobs, but at the same time, this woman has a valid point.

I know he has the best security in the world, but even then, there's only so much you can do about some crazy guy with a gun who doesn't care about getting caught.

Solution: Obama needs to get a black VP. They'd have to assassinate 2 Presidents then to get their way! He should just name Oprah his VP..no one would shoot her.

I wish McCain would just go ahead and announce his VP already. I heard he might pick a latino..hmm.

I think Czech got a camera and went to California to harass young Obama supporters:

There has never been one of those that I have ever enjoyed. Holier than thou mother fuckers trying to educate the masses? Please.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Marvin, shut the fuck up, you're a bigger political retard than I am.

Smitty, expedite the process here and just tell me I hate all black people so the rest of us can move on.

Oh, fuck off, pal. That's not even harassment. That's a better interview from both participants than most man-on-the-street soundbites that we get anywhere. You're such a bitch when you try going ad hominem.

The interviewer was trying to prove that young Obama supporters are exactly like you say they are. He wasn't even letting the kid finish his sentences. He backed off once he realized the kid knew what he was talking about.

You calling someone a bitch after the way you've been acting in this thread makes the head spin.

Decriminalizing marijuana is not the only gesture that Obama has made towards the formulation of a new-found sensible drug policy. He has also made it quite clear (in plain English, as it were) that he would also stop the practice of charging greater sentences to those who smoke crack vs. those who snort cocaine. Both moves are sensible. Both, marijuana decriminilization especially, will greatly reduce federal spending. Obama is also the only candidate interested in ending the practice of a marijuana conviction eliminating a student from consideration for college financial aid (a rapist can still live in a dormitory full of 18 year old girls, though).

Just those two steps alone would free up several billion dollars. You dont need to legalize marijuana to stop the tax-dollar bleeding, decriminalization will no longer necessitate multi-million dollar expenses in every city, state, and county in the United States.

Reduce the Drug War expenditures greatly & stop the Iraq War as soon as possible = enough money for working-class tax cuts and/or universal health care without any tax raises.

Continuing the Drug and Iraq Wars (as McCain and Hillary will do) will not result in any less taxation.

Snuff, I doubt there are many 18 year old rapists living in dorms. Fuckas get convicted and sentenced to quite a few years in jail.

And the whole marijuana debate is pretty moot imo. If you decriminalize marijuana, federal spending on busts goes down (kinda), but use skyrockets, which leads to use of other drugs (don't even try to contest that), which could lead to that federal money just being use to prosecute other drug use.

but use skyrockets, which leads to use of other drugs (don't even try to contest that)

So people who won't even smoke weed unless it's decriminalized are suddenly going to also start using a bunch of harder drugs that are still illegal? That doesn't make any sense, pbone.

I've never bought the "gateway drug" arguement. Marijuana is just the first illegal drug that anyone tries because it's by far the most commonly used and easiest to get ahold of. I think smoking weed is an symptom of someone who's already open to doing other stuff, not something which takes innocent whitebread folks and leads them down the path to hell. If it were legal, saying that it leads to other drugs would be almost exactly like claiming that tobacco and alcohol are gateway drugs.

You guys think they're going to legalize weed..haha..you all realize that the Nanny State government is moving towards banning things that aren't good for you..not legalizing them. When there's no more tax revenue to be had from ciggarette taxes due to a vast majority of people quitting, you'll see them banned for good since its pretty much getting to that point anyway when laws are being proposed saying you cant even smoke in your own house if you have kids. either that or people will have to start walking around in their own little smoking bubbles anytime they want to smoke anywhere.

All hail the Nanny State government, taking care of you so you dont have to take care of yourself.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

People don't realize that there are drugs that can be easily obtained, legally, for next to nothing, that are FAR more powerful than anything you'll get from the greasy guy in the apartment downstairs.

Go to the doctor. Tell him you're very very depressed, anxious, and can't sleep. That sawbones will pack you so full of pills you'll turn into the slobbering junkie from an after-school special. Want to kick it up a notch? Do that, and then go to a methadone clinic. Claim you're kicking heroin. Methadone and xanax is more potent than heroin in the right concentration.

Stuff like THAT is the real drug "problem" in this country. Street drugs remain illegal because of the association to violence that accompanies any kind of black market, as well as ties to a counterculture.

Those are reasons why so many ill-informed people continue to agree with the current drug policies. For our leadership, the reasons are the power/money of the alcohol/tobacco/pharmaceutical lobbies & a marked inabillity to admit they and their predecessors were wrong.

Marvin, how are you still strugling to read? There was never a case of anybody here thinking that anything would be legalized. I mentioned, accurately, that Obama is the ONLY serious candidate who would take steps towards a sensible drug policy (not legalization, as was mentioned, IN PLAIN ENGLISH). Do all of Glen Beck's viewers/listeners exhibit a third-grade education?

The money spent on the war on drugs is a drop in the bucket of government spending. If some effort was put into securing the borders it would probably be more effective, but as long as theres wide open borders to both Mexico and Canada (yes, I think they'll eventually need to put up a wall on the Canadian Border too) they'll never be able to successfully fight any war on drugs.

snuffbox, would Obama pardon all non-violent drug offenders?

No. He's not taking the libertarian stand on drugs like Ron Paul (who is not a serious contender to the GOP nomination, unfortunately) is. He's spoken of decriminalizing marijuana and crack/cocaine sentencing only. I would also suggest that Obama is the only serious candidate who would allow doctors and scientists to research medicinal uses for MDMA, etc.

And, yes Marvin, the only way to win the Drug War is to spend even more money. Whatthefuckever. I hate Hannity/Beck Conservatism.

Sign in to follow this