TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest Vitamin X

The fact that you just called it the Obama movement rather than the Obama campaign, really speaks volumes about his role in this election. No matter what you think of the guy or his policies, it's incredible how much he's motivated his supporters particularly compared to other candidates in the past.

Then again, you could say the same thing about Hitler, so does that make Obama the 3rd antichrist that Nostradamus predicted??!?!?!?! (VOTE RON PAUL!)

Then again, you could say the same thing about Hitler, so does that make Obama the 3rd antichrist that Nostradamus predicted??!?!?!?!

As I used to have in my sig, "Come Armageddon, come..."

Well at least he admits it is all about oil and not about this spreading freedom nonsense.

See? A silver lining. Who ever said I wasn't an optimist. :)

Not to mention that the middle east owns about 1/2 of every US Bank now through bailouts..

Middle East goes BOOM..gee I wonder what happens to our banks? Hmm..

I probably should have made that the #1 reason over oil..hmmm

Not to mention that the middle east owns about 1/2 of every US Bank now through bailouts..

:huh:

Soverign Wealth Funds

"Sovereign funds' activity has demonstrated that they are primarily focused on maximizing profit, Frank said. They are not investing in the United States as "a goodwill gesture, but they are not doing it as foreign policy either -- they are doing it to make money," he said."

But if the middle east has a scuffle, they're gonna want their money back...and the best part is we dont have it to give back or else we wouldn't have needed their money (and continue to need their money when banks keep taking billion dollar hits) in the first place! The same pretty much goes for any country thats bailed out our banks (China, South Korea..etc) which is why we'll never do jack shit to China and why we're so worried about North Korea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...3/02/wus102.xml

A Democrat strategist who has discussed the campaign with Clinton staff told The Sunday Telegraph: "The younger campaign aides are looking at how to bring this to a dignified end. People are prepared to go to her and say this thing is over.

"They fear a divisive contest that opens the door for the Republicans and makes it impossible for Hillary ever to run again. But the only one who can tell her to quit is Bill."

Mr Clinton has publicly voiced his fear her White House aspirations will suffer a fatal blow unless she wins both Texas and Ohio. The younger aides believe only Mr Clinton has the influence to convince her the game is up, since many of her most senior staff are in a state of "denial" about her prospects.

Tell Hillary her decades in the making presidential campaign is over? You think whoever does it will make it out alive?

60 minutes right now...

Idiot:I have issues with Obama, him bein' Muslim, I hear he doesn't know the national anthem."

Croft: "you know that's not true."

Idiot "that's what I'm bein' told."

In fairness, it should be noted that (thanks mostly to early wins in California and New York) she is only trailing Obama by about 120 delegates.

Of course, that doesn't explain why New York gets 232 delegates and Texas gets 193, when Texas has almost 5 million more people living in it. Man, the DNC has some stupid rules.

Soverign Wealth Funds

"Sovereign funds' activity has demonstrated that they are primarily focused on maximizing profit, Frank said. They are not investing in the United States as "a goodwill gesture, but they are not doing it as foreign policy either -- they are doing it to make money," he said."

But if the middle east has a scuffle, they're gonna want their money back...and the best part is we dont have it to give back or else we wouldn't have needed their money (and continue to need their money when banks keep taking billion dollar hits) in the first place! The same pretty much goes for any country thats bailed out our banks (China, South Korea..etc) which is why we'll never do jack shit to China and why we're so worried about North Korea.

You neglected to mention:

"Citigroup announced yesterday that it had sold a 7.8 percent stake in the company worth $14.5 billion to a group of investors, including the government of Singapore and Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, as it revealed a colossal $10 billion loss for the fourth quarter."

"Its managers have been actively advising several nations, including East Timor, Bolivia, Nigeria and Russia, which are starting funds."

"About two dozen countries have established sovereign wealth funds, including Libya, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and Australia."

TO CLARIFY:

(1) A lot of those countries creating soveriegn funds aren't in the Middle East;

(2) 7.8% doesn't equal half.

In fairness, it should be noted that (thanks mostly to early wins in California and New York) she is only trailing Obama by about 120 delegates.

Of course, that doesn't explain why New York gets 232 delegates and Texas gets 193, when Texas has almost 5 million more people living in it. Man, the DNC has some stupid rules.

Because New York has more Democrat voters per capita than Texas. Makes sense that you'd favour the states that favour you when selecting a candidate to represent the party. You do it strictly by capita and a red-state Democrat's vote is going to be worth more than any other.

I figured that, but doesn't it also mean that the rules make it so the Democrats nominate candidates that are more likely to only appeal to states they are already going to vote for them anyways? Like I said, the DNC has stupid rules.

By the way, thank you for travelling through time to answer my question.

Soverign Wealth Funds

You neglected to mention:

"Citigroup announced yesterday that it had sold a 7.8 percent stake in the company worth $14.5 billion to a group of investors, including the government of Singapore and Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, as it revealed a colossal $10 billion loss for the fourth quarter."

"Its managers have been actively advising several nations, including East Timor, Bolivia, Nigeria and Russia, which are starting funds."

"About two dozen countries have established sovereign wealth funds, including Libya, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and Australia."

TO CLARIFY:

(1) A lot of those countries creating soveriegn funds aren't in the Middle East;

(2) 7.8% doesn't equal half.

The 7.8% is just this last bailout for that one bank, how many more bailouts do you think they're going to need as well as the rest of the banks in America?

and I forget who said it/where I heard it but it was a good point, so I'll just go ahead and mention it, if it was a Republican trying to pass a bill to help out people who were being foreclosed on, it would be government trying to help out the banks to protect them and it would never get passed.

60 minutes right now...

Idiot:I have issues with Obama, him bein' Muslim, I hear he doesn't know the national anthem."

Croft: "you know that's not true."

Idiot "that's what I'm bein' told."

He also didn't cry when old yeller died, he never acknowledged the Cowboys as "America's Team", he showed zero interest in Yanks vs Sox and doesn't understand the big deal with Survivor and American Idol.

I was told all of this by a guy. He's trustworthy. He said he went to college.

Preventing foreclosures doesn't help the *banks* at all...

Actually, my basic understanding is that banks really don't like foreclosing, because it screws them out of a monthly income they're making from the homeowner, and then they are forced to try and re-sell the house, sometimes at a loss.

Well I'm sure the banks would rather get the regular payment on time than foreclose, but if its between foreclosure or nothing, I know which the banks will take...

Compare and contrast the math here...

The 7.8% is just this last bailout for that one bank, how many more bailouts do you think they're going to need as well as the rest of the banks in America?

Then maybe the next time you post a link to prove that Middle East owns half of every single banks, you should actually make sure the link says something close to what you claim is happening. If no such data exists, and you just made it up, then what you're doing is called LYING.

Then maybe the next time you post a link to prove that Middle East owns half of every single banks, you should actually make sure the link says something close to what you claim is happening. If no such data exists, and you just made it up, then what you're doing is called LYING.

Nicely played sir.

Didnt really have the time to go back and search for every signle SWF investment made into US banks but its a significant amount..maybe not HALF but still a significant amount that continues to grow every day. SWF's primarily from the middle east and Asia have about 3 trillion dollars in assets and they've only used $60 billion of it so far to bail out American Banks.

It's a good thing that all the stuff that Glen Beck told you to support (Iraq War, hating Mexicans, etc) can be financed by Monopoly cash, Marvin.

Big Govt Conservatism: Paying extra to whine more.

I get the unsettling feeling that today isn't going to settle anything for the Democrats, and it's all just going to keep getting nastier between the Obama and Clinton camps.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

When republican Texas go to the polls, they're thinking "I'm gonna vote for Hillary!"

Guest Beastalentier

New rule: if you can't pronounce the candidate's name, you can't appear in political ads. Making children read lines for ANYONE'S candidacy is disgusting. It's possible that bringuschange.com is high-concept political satire with just this in mind, however.

I wonder if I could find embarrasinlgy bad clips for every other presidential candidate ever.

No, it's gotta be just Barry David Koresh Hussein Osama.

I just came from the local polling booth today in Houston, Texas. Dems and Republicans are both polling at different locations. Like same district splits them 6 miles apart.

Secondly, and more important for tonight. The only way a person could vote in the caucus tonight is to vote between 7a-7p in the primary durring the day. This will make the number of voters much less than before. So I am going back tonight to cast my second vote. The way I see it, with yard signs all over the place, Hilary's camp is in full force trying to get votes. Which has me thinking she does not have a shot for winning the election. Hell I even got a call from her this morning. Granted it was a voice recording but still very annoying to recieve at 8:00a on the freaking dot.

Sign in to follow this