TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Dean didn't keep sticking his foot in his mouth. He yelled at a college rally and every news outlet felt it necessary to replay it every single minue.

Guest Vitamin X
As much as I support Obama, I'd like to be wary of the "Obama will be stronger against McCain, therefore he should be the Democratic nominee no matter what" camp, mostly because that's one of the things that led to the Party nominating John Kerry over some better candidates back in 2004.

...?

In Democratic field in 2004 was pretty terrible. Edwards wasn't ready yet, Dean couldn't stop sticking his foot in his mouth, and Clark was suffering from his "I would have been a Republican if they'd asked me to help with Iraq" image. Kerry forgot to mention he'd had his testicle surgically removed before he was nominate, so he won be default in a field of weaklings, so he had everyone fooled into thinking he was the same guy who LOL PWN3D William Weld back in 1996.

As I recall it, the big reason Kerry got so far ahead in the polls at the time was because he was supposedly the best candidate to go against Bush, according to polls at the time.

I was a Dean supporter at that time, so I was kind of pissed about all that. And how was Edwards not ready yet, but Obama is? They were/are both first-term senators. You're either fit to be a good candidate, or you aren't. I don't think Edwards was that great of a candidate back then, and he's still not a good one now. He got PWN3D by Cheney in the debates.

I would like to nominate Laura Bush as the republican candidate now. Since clearly her eight years as first lady have qualified her to be commander in chief, if we go by Hillary's thinking.

If you asked me Hillary's lowest point, it would probably be the deliberately vague 'as far as I know.' answer to the Muslim question on 60 minutes. Does she really think the people of America are going to say 'hmmm...maybe Barack really is an evil Muslim sleeper agent, after all since Hillary doesn't seem entirely certain'.

Betty Ford would be most ready on Day One.

And think of her big support amongst junkies and drunks!

Anway, Obama 's leading 66-33 with 46% of precints reporting in Wyoming.

Lets do nothing about the Mexico border because it costs too much money. Meanwhile, Americans are being kidnapped and killed by Mexicans

Given that most of these Mexicans are crossing into a state where grown men care deeply about high school football, kidnappings and killings can only be a positive.

The kidnappings are in California. Of course, thats probably even more reason to support it, right? Who would really shed a tear if California went back to Mexico?

Seeing that California is the 3rd largest state, the most populous, one of the most politically influential, and the state alone has one of the best economies in the entire world that competes with other countries, I would assume lots of people would care.

Well then again we're a bunch of beaner-lovin' hippiecrats.

The Clinton folks would like you to believe that the Democratic Presidential nomination is still up for grabs, and that they're running a good-faith campaign for the nomination rather than a rule-or-ruin attempt to make sure that John McCain defeats Barack Obama in November.

But do the math. If Barack Obama:

-- wins by 10-point margins in Mississippi, Wyoming, North Carolina, South Dakota, Montana, Oregon, and Guam,

-- splits Indiana and Michigan,

-- and loses by 20-point margins in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Florida, and Puerto Rico,

then HRC would need almost two-thirds of the remaining uncommitted superdelegates to deny him the nomination.

Seem likely to you? Me neither.

So the immediate answer to the question "What should Obama do in response to what happened on Tuesday?" is "Keep on keepin' on." He should campaign mostly against McCain, and against the Bush-McCain-Clinton axis that got us into the war in Iraq. And he should stay in character.

Obama is never going to win a mud-fight with people who think that mud-slinging is "the fun part." But he doesn't have to.

Obama got 3 net delegates in Wyoming, and he'll undoubtedly win Mississippi too. Should that happen, Clinton can win all 158 delegates in PA and still be behind 10.

I just heard that a lot of states are going to consider the rebate check in may as taxable income on next year's tax returns.

wow, that makes LOTS of sense.

Federal Government : Here, we want you to spend $600 (or $1200) to help the economy!

State Governemt: UMM..Not so fast there chief...(takes $50)..there ya go!

As if I needed an excuse to hate the whole rebate thing even more than I did already (actually, the fact that its costing $50 million to mail notices out to people about the rebate checks is even more but hey, whats $50 million to spend on something that 99% of people already know about..?) Im sure Maryland will have their grubby little hands all over it.

If people fucking cared about issues, Obama would be out by now and Mitt Romney would still be in.

holy shit missed this the first time XD

If people fucking cared about issues, Obama would be out by now and Mitt Romney would still be in.

Its true though.

Of course, because Glenn Beck focuses on talking about the important issues and asking the pertinent questions. Like, for instance, what are the odds that Obama is, in fact, the antichrist? If it wasn't for Glenn Beck and his hard-hitting brand of journalism these sorts of issues would never get the time they deserve in the media.

Dean didn't keep sticking his foot in his mouth. He yelled at a college rally and every news outlet felt it necessary to replay it every single minue.

No, not exactly. Dean had lost Iowa BEFORE that happened. His momentum and support was already fading (which was already over-estimated due to his notorious use of out-of-state supporters at his Iowa rallies). The Dean Scream was just the final nail in his coffin.

And how was Edwards not ready yet, but Obama is? They were/are both first-term senators. You're either fit to be a good candidate, or you aren't.

The difference between Edwards in 2004 and 2008 is that he learned from his vote in Iraq, and had a more fine-tuned message and idea of what he planned to do as president. There's more to preparation to be president than holding state-wide elected office.

Edwards:

Trial lawyer.

No political experience before election to the Senate.

Obama:

Community organizer and Constitutional law professor.

3 years as a civil rights lawyer.

8 years as a state legislator.

In case anyone was wondering what the hell the Clinton's are up to, this is what's been making the rounds

http://nathansgeorgetown.com /

Received a morning phone call from a very inside democratic insider. He said, "this is the basic Clinton strategy. They realize that statistically they can't win. What they can do is three months of digging up every piece of Obama dirt they can, which they are doing 24/7, and pounding him with it, shredding him, destroying his reputation and career, so that even if he arrives at the convention with the numbers he will be a ruined candidate and they can say to the convention, 'see, he's damaged goods. There's no way he can win. Hillary is the only one who can win.'"

I'm weary of 'very inside democratic insider' but at this point, the only reason Hillary is staying in when the maths is so against her is to cheat somehow, so it's probable this is some sort of strategy. But, really, by all accounts, Obama has had a pretty scanal free life (except the rezko thing which he might be in the clear about), and I simply don't think he's dumb enough to have a mistress on the side or anything career damaging like that. From what I understand they even investigated his drug use, and found it was actually a lot less than what he talked about in his book.

And the Muslim thing will only work on the really,really dumb people. Like the people who think Obama is related to Saddam Huissen or is a cousin of Osama because some guy in a bar told them so.

Its true though.

Of course, because Glenn Beck focuses on talking about the important issues and asking the pertinent questions. Like, for instance, what are the odds that Obama is, in fact, the antichrist? If it wasn't for Glenn Beck and his hard-hitting brand of journalism these sorts of issues would never get the time they deserve in the media.

You watch Olberman don't you? Glenn was laughing when he asked that question as a joke to finish up an interview with that pastor.

GLENN: Okay, notice that I'm laughing all the way through it, if you could even see the audio, which, if he played the audio he would have to play the video. If you could actually see the video, you could see that I'm laughing as I say it, as I ask the question. Well, here's the best part, because what picked this up originally was, I don't even know, Think Progress. Think Progress, yes. Let's Think Progress. Do you know Progressive has "Progress" in it? It must be good. Think Progress is the first that picked this up on the blog. They're like, Glenn Beck thinks that maybe Media Matters then picked up the story and put a Glenn Beck think maybe and then they cut and pasted and put it in the TelePrompTer for Keith Olbermann: Glenn Beck thinks maybe he's the worst person in the world! Then Media Matters reported that Keith Olbermann reported the story that Media Matters reported that Keith Olbermann should report. So if they could just now get Media Matters to alert Think Progress and so Think Progress could report that Media Matters reported that Keith Olbermann reported what Media Matters reported that Think Progress reported originally, it would be a feedback loop that would never end and everything would be perfect in the world.

The reason, the reason this is so unbelievably entertaining is because obviously the truth doesn't matter, but even more is it is so very predictable.

I really hate Media Matters, and Olberman wouldnt have a show without them so..yeah.

Extra special bonus from Media Matters - Glenn thinks Hillary might be the Antichrist too (from 2006)

Ever notice how nobody here quotes or even seems to get any of their inormation from Keith Olbermann, Marvin? Whereas you actually look up to Beck as your sole personal educator, those of us who do watch Olbermann's program do it for the entertainment that we might sometimes find.

Ever notice how nobody here quotes or even seems to get any of their inormation from Keith Olbermann, Marvin? Whereas you actually look up to Beck as your sole personal educator, those of us who do watch Olbermann's program do it for the entertainment that we might sometimes find.

Gogo must or else he would have never mentioned that. Anyone who saw the question posed to Hagee on glenns live show tuesday night would have known it wasnt a serious question. the only people that took it as something awful were Media Matters and Olberman.

something awful

That's a good website.

Oh, he was laughing as he said it. LOL

I don't think it's totally outlandish that the crazy ass Mormon talk show host who devotes entire shows to how we are reaching Armageddon would seriously suggest that a politician that he doesn't like is the Antichrist.

I don't think it's totally outlandish that the crazy ass Mormon talk show host who devotes entire shows to how we are reaching Armageddon would seriously suggest that a politician that he doesn't like is the Antichrist.

I must have missed the Armageddon show, or are we just equating the economic collapse of America with Armageddon?

Guest Beastalentier

I must have missed the Armageddon show, or are we just equating the economic collapse of America with Armageddon?

hourglass.jpg

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/30/gb.01.html

I must have missed the Armageddon show

Here's part 1

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/30/gb.01.html

Hahaha he's done it more than once. Glenn Beck: Serious Thinker.

Foster takes seat from GOP

Democrat to succeed Hastert in Republican stronghold

In a stunning upset Saturday that could be a sign of trouble for Republicans this fall, a little-known Democratic physicist won the special election for a far west suburban congressional seat long held by former GOP House Speaker Dennis Hastert.

Rookie candidate Bill Foster scored a comfortable victory over Republican dairyman Jim Oberweis, who lost his fourth high-profile contest in six years, after an expensive and highly negative contest.

Foster had 53 percent to Oberweis' 47 percent with all of the unofficial vote counted...

Nationally, the race also was considered by some to be a proxy fight between Republican presidential nominee John McCain, who endorsed Oberweis, and Democratic presidential front-runner Obama, who cut a TV ad for Foster -- a characterization eschewed by both national parties.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politic...0,7304737.story

coattails.jpg

Sign in to follow this