B.O. Hussein = Jimmah Cahtah = the underpants gnomes

Step 1: Talk

Step 2: ?

Step 3: PEACE!

Even if that were true, that would still beat the current administration:

Step 1: Don't talk.

Step 2: Invade.

Step 3: ?

Nah, not really. At least the first two are concrete steps in the latter case (and FYI step 3, would be DEMOCRACY!). In the Hussein/Cahtah model, step 2 is completely undefined and step 3 is merely a hypothetical. Arguably, under the current administration, step 3 is a hypothetical as well, but in terms of completion it has an advantage of 33%.

April 11, 2008

Clinton hits Obama over 'bitter' comment

Posted: 05:57 PM ET

Clinton is seizing on a recently reported Obama comment.

(CNN) — Democrat Hillary Clinton is seizing on comments Barack Obama recently made in which he said some Pennsylvanians who have lost their jobs are "bitter."

"It's being reported that my opponent said that the people of Pennsylvania who face hard times are bitter," Clinton said during a campaign event in Philadelphia. "Well that's not my experience. As I travel around Pennsylvania. I meet people who are resilient, optimist positive who are rolling up their sleeves."

"Pennsylvanians don't need a president who looks down on them," she said. "They need a president who stands up for them, who fights hard for your future, your jobs, your families."

Obama's comments were reported earlier Friday by the Web site Huffingtonpost.com. The Web site says he made them at a fundraising event in San Francisco last Sunday. On Friday evening, it posted audio of the comments that verified their accuracy.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them…And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not," he said.

"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations," he also said.

McCain's campaign also criticized the comment Friday. "It shows an elitism and condescension towards hardworking Americans that is nothing short of breathtaking," said Steve Schmidt, a senior advisor to McCain. "It is hard to imagine someone running for president who is more out of touch with average Americans."

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki would not confirm Obama made the comments.

"No one from our press office was there — we don't have a campaign recording–we are neither confirming nor refuting."

UPDATE: The Obama campaign released a statement in response to the criticism: "Senator Obama has said many times in this campaign that Americans are understandably upset with their leaders in Washington for saying anything to win elections while failing to stand up to the special interests and fight for an economic agenda that will bring jobs and opportunity back to struggling communities," said Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor.

"And if John McCain wants a debate about who's out of touch with the American people, we can start by talking about the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans that he once said offended his conscience but now wants to make permanent.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...bitter-comment/

Next they'll be attacking him for saying the sky is blue, because anyone who says the sky is blue is obviously talking down to the American people.

Pay no attention to Hillary's faux outrage. Rumour has it she had those comments for a few days before they leaked. But she was waiting till after the debate (when he couldn't confront her over it) and between the primary. But then Bill opened his big mouth about Bosnia and she released it yesterday to distract from that.

I like to think the people those comment were about will realize, that while Obama could have put it better, he's still acknowledging the need for change and he understands their anger. Whereas the two richest senators in Washington, are just part of the problem. Hillary's just talking about how happy everone is.

Clinton Slams Obama Again: Reminisces About Hunting as a Girl

"You know my dad took me out behind the cottage my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl," she said. "You know some people have continued to teach their children and their grandchildren. It's part of culture, it's part of a way of life. People enjoy hunting and shooting because it's part of who they are. not because they are bitter"

And, thus, Hillary lost her last shred of likability.

Now look as Hillary has the cameras follow her as she has a few beers, buys a gun and then goes hunting to prove what typical Pensylvanian she is!

B.O. Hussein = Jimmah Cahtah = the underpants gnomes

Step 1: Talk

Step 2: ?

Step 3: PEACE!

Even if that were true, that would still beat the current administration:

Step 1: Don't talk.

Step 2: Invade.

Step 3: ?

Nah, not really. At least the first two are concrete steps in the latter case (and FYI step 3, would be DEMOCRACY!). In the Hussein/Cahtah model, step 2 is completely undefined and step 3 is merely a hypothetical. Arguably, under the current administration, step 3 is a hypothetical as well, but in terms of completion it has an advantage of 33%.

Why does it have to be three steps? You're massively over-simplifying, according to you, the chart for lunch would be

1. PLANT SEEDS

2. ?

3. SHIT

Talking to people isn't going to be the only strategy Obama will employ, it will be another strategy. What's your beef with talking to people? Do you have anything valid? Anything concrete? Are you full of vitriol and shit (shitriol)?

You have anything valid? Anything concrete?

No. That's not the short answer, that's the answer. No, she does not.

What's your beef with talking to people?

I don't talk to evil. I don't try to understand evil. I just destroy it.

That's worked fantastically well so far.

I'm having a hard time finding the actual "bitter" quote that Obama is getting slammed for. I'd like to actually read it, and not a reporter's or politician's paraphrasing of it.

Clinton touts her experience with guns

Posted: 07:00 PM ET

VALPARAISO, Indiana (CNN) — Hillary Clinton appealed to Second Amendment supporters on Saturday by hinting that she has some experience of her own pulling triggers.

“I disagree with Sen. Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about trade and immigration simply out of frustration,” she began, referring to the Obama comments on small-town Americans that set off a political tumult on Friday.

She then introduced a fond memory from her youth.

“You know, my dad took me out behind the cottage that my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl,” she said.

“You know, some people now continue to teach their children and their grandchildren. It’s part of culture. It’s part of a way of life. People enjoy hunting and shooting because it’s an important part of who they are. Not because they are bitter.”

Minutes later, in a slightly awkward moment, Clinton faced a question from a woman in the audience whose son had been paralyzed by a gunshot. The woman asked Clinton what she would do about gun control as president.

Clinton touted her husband's record on gun control during his administration, and said "there is not a contradiction between protecting Second Amendment rights" and the effort to reduce crime.

Noting that many hunters and gun collectors want to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, Clinton referred to her positive childhood experiences with firearms.

"As I told you, my dad taught me how to shoot behind our cottage,” she said. “I have gone hunting. I am not a hunter. But I have gone hunting."

Clinton said she has hunted ducks.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ence-with-guns/

Once we find the exact quote, I suspect it'll be something along the lines of "when people are facing economic uncertainty, they become bitter and hold firmer to their traditional values" or some other completely innocent statement.

WHO'S OUT OF TOUCH NOW, HUH???

Well, there's one thing I can't fault her for...

hillarywhiskey.jpg

Hillary is pushing this to make Barack seem unelectable to the superdelegates, only problem is, she doesn't realize there's no way for her to take the nomination from him and still be electable herself. And she's doing him serious damage (while he was telling the truth, the bitter comment will hurt him in the election with the republicans )

Possibly by the June the dems might feel Barack can't win. But they won't overturn the will of the voters. Because losing one election is nothing compared to the damage long term that cheating him out of the nomination will do. Black voters, young people and other die hard Obama supports would possibly abandon the democrats for a generation. Young people would be disillusioned, African Americans might see how Barack's treatment mirrors what they've had to put up with (so he gets the most votes but the white elite gives it to someone else?) and, even some Hillary fans will be appalled at how she got the nomination and turn on her. And this hasn't occurred to her?

I think Hillary has gone mad now. She's not even thinking rationally anymore. Amy Poehler's impersonation of her on SNL is so spot on because she plays her like a woman about to lose her mind. I mean, Mcain and Obama would probably be okay if they lost...but she seems about one step away from a meltdown.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...urch-fired-gun/

I bring this article up for 3 reasons:

1. The quote: "This is about what people feel is being said about them." It's not about what he actually said. It's not about what people think about what he actually said. It's not about what people feel about the economy. It's about FEEL is being said about THEM.

2. Apparently owning a gun or going to church yourself aren't relevant when faking that you are offended by your opponents alleged comments about religious people and gun owners.

3. She's going door to door in Scranton, PA. The article doesn't mention if she plans to visit the local paper warehouse or nearby beet farms.

3. She's going door to door in Scranton, PA. The article doesn't mention if she plans to visit the local paper warehouse or nearby beet farms.

that's just a front. she's really going back to NY to punk utica.

Hillary is pushing this to make Barack seem unelectable to the superdelegates, only problem is, she doesn't realize there's no way for her to take the nomination from him and still be electable herself. And she's doing him serious damage (while he was telling the truth, the bitter comment will hurt him in the election with the republicans )

Possibly by the June the dems might feel Barack can't win. But they won't overturn the will of the voters. Because losing one election is nothing compared to the damage long term that cheating him out of the nomination will do. Black voters, young people and other die hard Obama supports would possibly abandon the democrats for a generation. Young people would be disillusioned, African Americans might see how Barack's treatment mirrors what they've had to put up with (so he gets the most votes but the white elite gives it to someone else?) and, even some Hillary fans will be appalled at how she got the nomination and turn on her. And this hasn't occurred to her?

I think Hillary has gone mad now. She's not even thinking rationally anymore. Amy Poehler's impersonation of her on SNL is so spot on because she plays her like a woman about to lose her mind. I mean, Mcain and Obama would probably be okay if they lost...but she seems about one step away from a meltdown.

In reality, what Hillary and Bill have been doing is a very smart tactic...

Bill has been playing the race card since January, or around the time the Clinton's realized Obama was actually a threat. This started when he compared Obama's victory to Jesse Jackson. However, surely if he wanted to find an example of a politican who had won SC but not the nomination, he could have used John Edwards from just 4 years ago? Why go back 20 years and compare him to Jackson? And then there was Geraldine Ferraro who insisted he was only in that position because he was black.

It's very obvious what the Clintons are trying to do: turn Obama into the 'black candidate' and alienate whites from him and one way to do that is race baiting. I cannot believe a guy as smart as Bill Clinton said that line recently about stealing a car by accident. Just like the Jackson comment. This isn't an accident or a slip of the tongue. Nothing Bill does is not planned . Why say 'steal a car' where their where plenty of other things you could have said? And you don't think any of the Clinton staffers who read the speech over would have seen that line and advised Bill to change it?

My guess: Bill wanted everyone to freak out over the car remark. Chris Matthews and other reporters have acknowledged this was likely what Bill was trying to do. Then Bill and Hillary get to play the victims and moan about how they're accused falsely of racists. Once again inflaming racial tensions, and ensuring Obama is not allowed to transcend race and a be a candidate who happens to half-black, but just the 'black candidate'.

Rumors are rife that this is part of Clinton's overall plan: she knows she can't get the delegates or the popular vote needed, so she only has one other tactics to convince the superdelegates to choose her over Obama: show them proof working class whites are abandoning Obama and he can't win the GE. That's why PA is so important, she doesn't care about deleagates or a big victory but the exit polls need to show white voters won't go for him in the GE.

Mark Happarin (a reporter fairly close with the Clinton campaign) even claimed Hillary knows she'll get the blame if Obama loses in the GE. But she thinks he's going to lose anyway because he's black. That's basically what her argument will be if this goes to the convention. And she's telling this to the superdelagates right now (remember, she was said to have told Richardson 'he cannot win Bill. He cannot win.' and other reports have suggested her talks with superdelegates have had 'racial overtones')

You can't say the Clintons are not playing the race card, when, by several close to the campaign and just what it looks like, the whole strategy of Hillary getting the nomination is playing the race card and arguing a black guy can't be the nominee because he won't win. Which is pretty appalling... but very smart as it plays into what most of the sheep will believe.

Guest Teal-y Dan

The "I don't steal cars" thing wasn't racist, you guys. I can't wait for Keith Olbermann to DENOUNCE HIM in a Special Comment, this Wednesday at 8p/7p central on Countdown!

Guest Teal-y Dan

Yes! More than once!

One of the things about the show that bothers me much more than Keith himself is how there's ALWAYS all this off-camera tittering at everything Olbermann says, and since MSNBC apparently tapes all its programming in a big fucking warehouse, it reverberates a lot, so every half-funny crack about John McCain is met with about five seconds of echo-protracted laughter. The producers need to pick a fuckin' lane as to what exactly this show is. It's a "news program" sometimes (all the NBC logos at the beginning are an attempt to make the show part of some NBC News legacy), it's a "news analysis" program sometimes, and evidently, it's also The Daily Show. Let it never be unknown that Countdown with Keith Olbermann has the television industry's most informed and enlightened key grips.

I don't watch Bill O'Reilly: do all the prime-time shows do this?

Why do you want it to be just one thing? It's an hour long. It's on five days a week. I'm glad it's a little schizo.

Sign in to follow this