TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

You can judge a speech by how mad the other party is about it. And partisan Democrats are holding the line pretty well, just as partisan Republicans shit all over Obama's speech.

It wasn't a bad speech. It was just petty and stereotypical. The only obvious fuck-up was when she referred to Harry Reid as "the Senate Majority." And, as previously noted, she sounds just like the pregnant sheriff in Fargo.

This speech should do wonders for gender equity by proving that a female Republican's speech can be just as partisan and cliched as a man's. She'll be winning no Hillary supporters tonight.

Actually, I'm relieved by it because it means that the Democrats are free to go after her for not knowing shit about shit.

Not that I want to re-visit the pregnant daughter issue but I just was thinking about this last night and I wonder if the reaction of the public would be different if her daughter had contracted HIV instead of getting pregnant as a result of her abstinence-only education. I mean, lets face it, being a teen mother is never easy, ibut for the sake of the election/politics in general t's rather easy for the evangelical base to throw out the canned line of "oh she loves life, she is celebrating life" but what if her choice resulted in an STD, what do you think the reaction would be then?

I actually didn't think Palin did bad as far as red meat goes, but lets be honest, the media has had one issue on their minds for the past three days, her pregnant daughter.

It's kind of funny because the pregnant daughter is such a red herring distraction. By focusing on that, you lose that she ruled that town with an iron fist and left them mired in debt.

If you wanted to, you could say they deliberately threw that out there because they know sex sells. But then, first of all they'd call you a sexist awful bastard. And secondly, we know they simply aren't thinking that many moves ahead or else they would not have chose her.

Someone might wanna remind Romney that the Republicans have had full control of the government for six of the last eight years. Just what in the flying fuck is he talking about "rescuing washington from the liberals" SERIOUSLY? I know the convention crowds are there to yuk it up for anything spewed, but are people watching this at home actually agreeing with this?

Romney bitched about everything that happened from 1980 until now, unaware that Democrats have only had the White House for eight of those twenty-eight years.

Romeny and Gulliani brought up a plethora of issues that the American public(majority) simply DON'T AGREE WITH

Don't totally discount the passion with which people hate taxes, even if paying taxes would actually solve some of their problems. That's one of the things I love about Canada, people see paying taxes as a sort of a patriotic duty that's responsible because they see tangible benefits for their taxes. There's a libertarian wild streak in this country that causes a lot of people to hate maintaining any kind of community beyond their own front yard.

I hear conservatives talk about how they broke from the British Empire because they didn't want to pay taxes. You would think representation had NOTHING to do with it. If you're one of those people who think the framers put "under god" in the pledge, well then you're going to say stupid shit like this.

To me it is also kind of hypocritical for an arena full of republicans to "poo poo" taxes on the top 2-5%, yet overwhelmingly support a war that could cost a few trillion dollars by the time the dust has settled.

I mean, I guess we can just cancel "government" in order to pay for the war....!?!

Maybe the Democrats should pounce on the "how the hell are we going to keep paying for this war" issue....

All I hear from republicans is how our government can't afford healthcare or education expenses and this and that, yet in an endless war that we are in, the money is magically coming from somewhere over and over and over again.

Guest דניא&#15

Say what you will about Mitt Romney and his magic underwear, but he looks about 15 years younger than he really is. As someone who fears the inexorable march of time, I admire him for that alone.

I actually didn't think Palin did bad as far as red meat goes, but lets be honest, the media has had one issue on their minds for the past three days, her pregnant daughter.

It's kind of funny because the pregnant daughter is such a red herring distraction. By focusing on that, you lose that she ruled that town with an iron fist and left them mired in debt.

If you wanted to, you could say they deliberately threw that out there because they know sex sells. But then, first of all they'd call you a sexist awful bastard. And secondly, we know they simply aren't thinking that many moves ahead or else they would not have chose her.

Well I even could go as far as to say McCain's camp released the "preggo" tidbit because they knew the media would distract themselves with such a non-issue, which would basically give Palin a free pass going into tonight's speech......

(Wait, was that what you were trying to say?)

To me it is also kind of hypocritical for an arena full of republicans to "poo poo" taxes on the top 2-5%, yet overwhelmingly support a war that could cost a few trillion dollars by the time the dust has settled.

e129.gif

Maybe the Democrats should pounce on the "how the hell are we going to keep paying for this war" issue....

Keep in mind that Obama will keep up the war in Afghanistan, though. But still, even if you fall in that upper brackets, isn't it better to buy our wars by taxes rather than borrowing more and more from China?

The Ron Paul counter-convention was a good time. Paul and Jesse Ventura both gave gave far better speeches than the replays I saw of Fred and Lieberman last night. Plenty of kooky people, as expected.

Say what you will about Mitt Romney and his magic underwear, but he looks about 15 years younger than he really is. As someone who fears the inexorable march of time, I admire him for that alone.

Romney's just awful. I mean, he has few redeeming qualities. I liked some of it, including the Al Gore dig but he kept pausing waiting for ovations....and none came.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaaahahahahahhahahahah

Pat Buchanan, who loves Palin, because Palin loves Pat Buchanan, calls her "the Republicans' Obama." But then he warns, "don't let her talk too much to any media people. Don't let anyone stick a microphone in her face and ask What About Georgia?"

Chris Matthews, who still has some shred of sense left after going into orbit for Obama last week, asks how you can actually put her on a stage and talk to thousands of people without even a local media person asking her any questions. Noonan suggests you tell the press that you won't talk to them because they're sexist. Yeah, your average Joe watching TV won't react negatively to that at all.

Guest דניא&#15

This is all so sad and pathetic and gross. I don't know how the Republican Party went so wrong. Like, my family has reliably voted Republican for years and years now, but these aren't our people. We're not Bible-clutching warmongering plutocrats, nor any one or two of the three. We pretended to be Presbyterians for a while; the closest we come to starting wars is insulting each other at dinner; and we're not rich, we just act kind of snobbish and have a better handle on interior design than a lot of families seem to have. I can't get behind this party at this juncture, but I certainly can't get behind the Democrats, either.

Random thought: the ideal time has come and gone, but I really should've abused my admin power and placed a word filter, namely changing "vetting" and "vetted" to "buttsexing" and "buttsexed," respectively. "The McCain campaign claimed they closely buttsexed Palin, but obviously their buttsexing process was short and hasty. They didn't buttsex here the way Obama buttsexed Biden." It would've been the only thing that could've cheered me up after this last week of ridiculousness.

What About Georgia?

We on the grind there.

They used the term community organizer like it was just a resume lie on his application to Baskin Robbins.

It really had that "n-- did nothin' but smoke crack all day and needed prior experience so he wrote 'community organizer'" vibe going. Fuck this uppity dude and his 'hope'!

It's a true story.

Don't really see what's so dumb about it, though I do feel it could've been a little shorter.

I'm pretty sure when my stepdad was being shot at in Vietnam, he wasn't thinking "Some day kids are going to be able to sit in a desk at school because of this!"

Is your stepdad John McCain or John Kerry? Because both of them served in Vietnam. True story.

The community organiser stuff was hilariously mean, and made me laugh, but I don't see what the point of it was.

I want to know if my year as president of my high school math club counts as executive experience.

Somewhere, ACORN is planning to reign down hell on Guiliani for laughing at Obama's years as a community organizer.

I want to know if my year as president of my high school math club counts as executive experience.

The old farts that run my homeowners association and guard-gate their blocks while ignoring those of us who don't live in the big mansions in the middle of the district, can they run for President too now?

The HOW DARE THEY stuff got on my nerves because i don't need a lesson in what is and what isn't chauvinist from a guy who locked his wife out of the house and fucked his mistress until the wife got a judge to let her back in.

Guest דניא&#15
I was FFA president. Wisconsin is kinda close to Canada. Executive and foreign policy credentials. Why wasn't I buttsexed?

FFA? Even I was too cool for the FFA. Did you do mock trial or model UN? Now that's cred.

I won the geography bee in 7th and 8th grade. The Republicans should've asked me to help on rudimentary aspects of foreign policy, like where things are.

Sign in to follow this