TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

It's whoever the mod with the Palin avatar is, since doing a "find this user's posts" search results page plays the theme, too. It'll pass on the next page unless s/he does it again there, too.

Good detective work, Sherlock.

244.allen.tim.100306.jpg

YEAH-UH!

PolitiFact is catching up with last night's BS. FactCheck is still running behind.

Factcheck.org did a good job dismantling Lieberman's speech:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/go...ntion_spin.html

Someone's ass is grass the day after the election.

Obama reacts to last night...

When Trace Adkin's sang the National Anthem, the CNN graphic said "Adkin's is mostly known fir singing the hit song "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk."

When Trace Adkin's sang the National Anthem, the CNN graphic said "Adkin's is mostly known fir singing the hit song "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk."

I was watching BBC America's news show, and the anchor was like "they're singing the national anthem back there" and then kept on talking to set up a video package.

Rather odd since at the Olympics they were particularly touchy about not talking over anyone's national anthem, and if they had to they'd stand while they do so. But then again it didn't sound like a particularly good rendition.

He's also in the upcoming "An American Carol" propaganda movie.

Obama reacts to last night...

I saw his rally today on CNN.com's live streaming thingy, which is worth downloading the plugin for really. Better than CNN-TV.

"People ask, are you angry with what they said? Because they were so savage in their attacks. I'm not angry, I mean, what else are they gonna do? This is the same thing they do every four years. I've been called worse things on the basketball court, so what they said couldn't bother me.

But they did a lot of talking about John McCain, and Sarah Palin, and me. But you know who they haven't been talking much about? You."

Every time McCain talks about hardships, foreclosures, and making ends meet, the crowd chants USA USA USA to down it out because they don't want to hear it because everyone in this room is wealthy enough that they haven't had to make any change to their lifestyle. They probably believe that "mental recession" bullshit.

It's like LIM on The Pit the other week saying that the economy isn't that bad because HE'S been able to buy several houses over the past eight years.

Oh god, this thing is unbearable so far.

We're going to win!!!!!

Crowd: WOOOOOOOOOOOAAHHYEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!1!!!!!!!! USA USA USA USA

And Sarah Palin is going to help me..

Crowd: WOOOOOOOOOOOAAHHYEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!1!!!!!!!! USA USA USA USA

I love my family.

Prisoner of war!

Well...the people chanting that don't have any of the economic problems that he was talking about. And of course...he didn't get around to mentioning anything specific that he had planned to fix the problems that he mentioned.

Is the RNC supposed to make me hate republicans?

Guest דניא&#15

I felt this tingling up my leg when he said he was going to expose pork. Too bad he's full of shit, but the sentiment, independent of the speaker, is nice.

You probably hated republicans before the convention like most people in this thread.

This kind of thing happens time to time (see: Buchanan's culture war speech.)

While conventions are generally a showboating display for party ideology, this convention has been VERY negative. The Democrats were quite courteous compared to the things like Mitt Romney's "fuck everybody who can't afford to take care of themselves" speech last night.

Everyone on CNN bitched about how the DNC sucked and how it was lacking in attacks on McCain and even I thought it was ridiculous how everyone called McCain a friend and a good man before they disagreed with him. Even Obama said he's not dumb or evil, he just doesn't understand the situation from his perspective.

And this convention has stood in contrast with all the Haves in the room talking about working to keep things from the Have Nots because grrrr government and grrrr taxes.

This is very much a white plutocracy on display.

Guest דניא&#15

I think this is a pretty good speech, but it's all bullshit. He won't cut taxes and cut government spending. The next Republican to live up to that will be the first in God knows how long. This booing is so preposterous. I hate these conventions. Caveman politics. This is why I said I wanted the Democratic one to actually determine the candidate instead of just a stadium-sized circle jerk.

Hi, Jobber of the Week, welcome back to TSM Forums.

Guest דניא&#15

Barack Obama comes with potassium benzoate.

"Help bad teachers find another line of work" hell yeah purge the bastards, many of whom taught me

My frogurt comes with a choice of topping!

My opponent's frogurt is cursed.

Barack Obama comes with potassium benzoate.

America: "Can we go now?"

Sign in to follow this