TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

By the way, my summary is that she actually did okay but she resembled Tina Fey's character of her so much with all the winking and the flop attempts at emulating Reagan (her one attempt at "there you go again" was delivered so poorly that she immediately abandoned it as soon as her lips formulated the words) and it probably hurt her since I imagine a lot of people thought of SNL when they saw her talking on about 30% of the questions.

She could have really been something in 8 or 12 or even only four years, but she was so fake and gosh-darnit boy-howdy that it only reinforced the idea to me that she's simply like a campaign mascot more than a serious politician.

It seemed like Palin was going out of her way to take digs at the moderator and the media for being "bias" when it just simply wasn't true. She seemed to resort to the tactic a couple of times out of desperation for not being able to answer a question.

We all think Biden won because we were listening to what they were saying, and not just how they were saying it.

The pundits are just worried about how they were saying it.

The chick who decided to vote for McCain based on the debate, "I decided to vote for him because Palin uh, eh, eh, uh, uh, eh, yeah".

This CNN stuff is so stupid.

'OK, now everyone touch their nose if they're voting for McCain and tug on your ear if you're voting for Obama'

That one woman had some crazy eyes, but I can't blame someone for being nervous when having a microphone stuck in their face.

CNN's big ol focus group:

"Did anyone make a decision to vote for John McCain after tonight's debate? ..... We got one hand. You are a registered Republican, why did you decide?"

Woman of about 27-ish: "I think she was able to regain.............. regain.............. that she's a real person."

Palin wasn't bad... Biden was just better.

I'll agree.

If Palin's mission was to not look like a putz, mission accomplished, but she still didn't win the debate and I hope the coverage focuses more on the substance of the debate itself rather then, "Hey Sarah Palin wasn't a complete disaster so it means she won"

By the way, my summary is that she actually did okay but she resembled Tina Fey's character of her so much with all the winking and the flop attempts at emulating Reagan (her one attempt at "there you go again" was delivered so poorly that she immediately abandoned it as soon as her lips formulated the words) and it probably hurt her since I imagine a lot of people thought of SNL when they saw her talking on about 30% of the questions.

She could have really been something in 8 or 12 or even only four years, but she was so fake and gosh-darnit boy-howdy that it only reinforced the idea to me that she's simply like a campaign mascot more than a serious politician.

This.

Jobber nails it.

That Rollins guy was watching a different debate.

Okay, glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. 48 points for Palin and 26 for Biden? I mean, Christ. Even the other Republican rated Biden (barely) ahead of Palin, and put her down for 4 times as many negatives (I think. I believe it was 9 and 2 on the negatives).

I thought this Frank Luntz Pollster was an Independent.

How can you pick out people that are 80% sure Palin won?

Luntz has always has horrifically bad samples. No one really listens to him. I'm amazed Fox keeps him on - it must be just to piss off people who actually follow the news.

She came off as likeable. Which is the thing that helped McCain in the short term when he picked her. I'd like to think that Biden's debating would take away from that and it wouldn't affect the polls...but I'd be kidding myself if I thought it would.

On MSNBC, Senator Kit Bond just called Biden a "smooth talker."

Boy, this debate sure changed a lot of perceptions, I guess.

That Rollins guy was watching a different debate.

Okay, glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. 48 points for Palin and 26 for Biden? I mean, Christ. Even the other Republican rated Biden (barely) ahead of Palin, and put her down for 4 times as many negatives (I think. I believe it was 9 and 2 on the negatives).

I think he was watching the Jets/Cardinals game on tape delay.

On MSNBC, Senator Kit Bond just called Biden a "smooth talker."

Boy, this debate sure changed a lot of perceptions, I guess.

Biden was anything but smooth IMO... but I think that actually helped him. When he mentioned his kid it actually made my eyes sting briefly.

Isn't he the dude who creates all the Republican buzzwords like "climate change" and "death tax?"

He does polls on Fox, right? Their results were similar for the Obama-McCain debate. Their audience is mostly conservative. We all know that.

The poll on Drudge Report has Palin as the winner with 74% to Biden's 24%.

Really? Wow...

then again I thought B.O. Hussein kicked McCain's ass too, and no one agreed with me; even CNN said Obama lost.

I hope Barack was watching and works in a shout out to the South Side and a "Go White Sox!"

mccainblink.gif

"My friends, I would like to send a shout out to my good friends I made as a P.O.W."

Isn't he the dude who creates all the Republican buzzwords like "climate change" and "death tax?"

He does polls on Fox, right? Their results were similar for the Obama-McCain debate. Their audience is mostly conservative. We all know that.

Luntz is a Republican like McCain is a Republican. Don't think that people like me are lining up to claim his ass.

Incredibly, I think Paul Begala actually has the perfect opinion on this debate:

Sarah Palin was out to improve her image, and she did help herself out. Joe Biden was out to campaign for Barack Obama against John McCain, and he did very well at that.

A guy on CNN just nailed what I think to a tee.

She helped herself...but not McCain. Biden was pretty much given 90 minutes to rip McCain apart, and Palin didn't make Obama seem like a "risky" choice at all.

If anything, coming out of this debate...I feel like Obama is the safer choice and McCain (and he's done himself no favors by picking Palin, suspending his campaign, voting for the pork filled bailout plan) is the one who just doesn't "get it"

Incredibly, I think Paul Begala actually has the perfect opinion on this debate:

Sarah Palin was out to improve her image, and she did help herself out. Joe Biden was out to campaign for Barack Obama against John McCain, and he did very well at that.

Ha. That's what I just commented on too.

"My friends, I would like to send a shout out to my good friends I made as a P.O.W."

Jesus God, if I were given just one fucking bullet for every time that fucker says "my friends..."

Sign in to follow this