TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I don't think even the most ardent Republican could consider this slam-dunk for Palin.

Dick Morris is NOT a Republican. He's just a fucking idiot with a toe fetish.

Funny how the conventional wisdom 3 weeks ago was "If only Obama had picked Hillary Clinton, he'd be winning right now."

Ed Rollins on CNN is a GOP talking head who I like because he seems to actually speak his mind and not the talking points the party wants you to hear.

"This debate confirmed she will be a fighting force in 2012."

He has long doubted McCain's chances, but that was a nice way of complimenting her and confessing that they're going to lose at the same time.

"You bethcha"

"Gosh darn it"

Was I watching an episode of Bobby's World on Saturday Morning Cartoons?

America, your foreign enemies are giggling with glee at the thought of Palin being VP. Seriously. That was flat-out embarrassing.

She came too far, way too fast. It wasn't bad as I thought it would be, but I know I'm not voting for either ticket.

They both dodged almost every question. Ridiculously so. It was horrible, and it boggles my mind that people out there actually WANT to vote for either ticket. This is fucking sad.

I've never been able to figure out why Dick Morris went all conservative after getting caught with a prostitute and having to leave the Clinton campaign in 1996. Is he mad that Bill escaped the Lewinsky scandal, or did he see more $$$ as a conservative pundit? I don't really care about the guy (he seems to write a new book every six months about how the Left is destroying America, according to his polls of course), but it's still strange.

Ed Rollins on CNN is a GOP talking head who I like because he seems to actually speak his mind and not the talking points the party wants you to hear.

"This debate confirmed she will be a fighting force in 2012."

He has long doubted McCain's chances, but that was a nice way of complimenting her and confessing that they're going to lose at the same time.

I can only think of 3 losing VP candidates to ever win a presidential nomination, and the only one to win the nomination the very next election had been the incumbent VP before losing.

I've never been able to figure out why Dick Morris went all conservative after getting caught with a prostitute and having to leave the Clinton campaign in 1996. Is he mad that Bill escaped the Lewinsky scandal, or did he see more $$$ as a conservative pundit? I don't really care about the guy (he seems to write a new book every six months about how the Left is destroying America, according to his polls of course), but it's still strange.

He was credited as pulling Clinton to the right, and he worked for several Republicans before 1996 (such as Trent Lott, IIRC).

Edited by SuperJerk

Now an Obama vs. Palin in 2012 is something that I could really get behind.

I disagree, unless you are already planning for a for a second term Obama. Right now, I think she's had political damage done to her that will prevent her from ever being a big-ticket person, unless McCain actually gets a win. I think she's been reduced to a "Dan Quayle" figure because they decided to put her onto the big stage too early.

I was just thinking this

Edit: It's like his whole point of being is discrediting the Clintons.

One night on Fox a couple weeks ago, the ad of Obama making an issue of McCain's

lack of knowledge of how to use a computer came up. Morris' response: Bill and Hillary can't type either

Dick Morris with the "I havent seen anything like this since Reagan" regarding this Palin slam dunk victory.

Dick Morris? bwahahahaha

Just so you know, I thought of you a few weeks ago when Dick Morris put up this map on his NewsMax page:

untitled-11.jpg

Dick Morris with the "I havent seen anything like this since Reagan" regarding this Palin slam dunk victory.

Dick Morris? bwahahahaha

Just so you know, I thought of you a few weeks ago when Dick Morris put up this map on his NewsMax page:

untitled-11.jpg

Anyone remember THIS?

2008electoralcollege.jpg

In retrospect, I think I was being PESSIMISTIC.

Dick Morris? bwahahahaha

untitled-11.jpg

Dear God. Have the nurses gotten him back in his room yet?

Anyone remember THIS?

I don't, but I've been posting exclusively at the other board for the past few years. Explain?

Meanwhile..

The first round of snap polls give the debate to Joe Biden, by sizable margins.

CBS polled 473 uncommitted debate-watchers, and found that 46% say Biden won, 21% say Palin won, and 33% say it was a tie. While both candidates saw their images improve, 98% saw Biden as "knowledgeable" after the debate, while only 66% saw Palin as knowledgeable, an admittedly high number, given what folks thought of her before tonight.

Meanwhile, CNN's poll of debate-watchers found that far more thought Biden did the best job in the debate (51%) than Palin did (36%). And here's a really key number from CNN. While a startling 84% said Palin did better than expected, it still wasn't enough for her to clear her basic hurdle tonight: Only 46% said she's qualified to serve as president, up only four points from before the debate. And a clear majority, 53%, say she is not qualified.

It's not wise to put too much stock in snap polls. But if this bears out, it'll confirm our earlier argument: Palin's disastrous interviews raised expectations for her tonight, in the sense that the pressure on her to prove she's ready for the job was even higher than it otherwise might have been. And she didn't prove it, at least according to these early numbers.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmem...den_won_han.php

CBS Poll...

Who won tonight's debate?

Biden 46%

Palin 21%

Tie 33%

CNN Poll...

Who won tonight's debate?

Biden 51%

Palin 36%

Anyone remember THIS?

I don't, but I've been posting exclusively at the other board for the past few years. Explain?

I made this map about 3 or months ago and everyone said I was being too pro-Obama, and it'd be a lot closer to 270.

I guess we'll see, right?

I made this map about 3 or months ago and everyone said I was being too pro-Obama, and it'd be a lot closer to 270.

Your map is a bit odd, since you give NC to Obama but SC to McCain, when conventional wisdom has them flipped around.

Leelee poll:

Palin 100%

Biden 0%

What's the margin of error on that poll?

The two participants were too busy making out to check.

Leelee poll:

Palin 100%

Biden 0%

What's the margin of error on that poll?

The two participants were too busy making out to check.

<mournful> Only in my dreams.

Anyone remember THIS?

Well, I don't think he'll win Missouri or Louisiana (I'm really sure he won't win Louisiana). The rest is probably correct.

My reasoning:

My Louisiana prediction was based on the fact its 1/3 African-American, but this is also the state that elected Bobby Jindal, so who knows?

Missouri has gone with the winner in every election for the last 100 years except 1956, and I think Obama's going to win, therefore Missouri will move his way.

Your map is a bit odd, since you give NC to Obama but SC to McCain, when conventional wisdom has them flipped around.

Yeah, that's true.

State by state there's a few changes I should make, but I still think it'll be in the 319 electoral vote range.

That's not the map I'd make if I were doing one today.

Anyone remember THIS?

Well, I don't think he'll win Missouri or Louisiana (I'm really sure he won't win Louisiana). The rest is probably correct.

West Virginia as well, though I'd give him New Mexico at this point. That basically washes.

I disagree. Right now NC is the close one, while polls put SC firmly in McCain's hands. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it's flipped.

West Virginia as well, though I'd give him New Mexico at this point. That basically washes.

I didn't notice that West Virginia was on there for some reason, but yeah, definitely not there either.

realclearpolitics10022008.jpg

Looks good. I might give Indiana to Obama, but it's close tossup. It's amazing that Obama might win the entire Midwest. Who was the last to do that?

Sign in to follow this