TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I honestly don't think ads featuring Bill Ayers are going to be as effective as they hope, because the types of people are are targeting with them will see him and Obama and wonder what this has to do with terrorism, since Ayers is a white guy.

If there were any justice in the world, Katharine Hepburn would still be alive, that old Arab bitch Helen Thomas would be dead instead, Ayers would have been shot long ago, and you would have been slapped repeatedly across the face with that fucking towel - or, preferably, a baseball bat. You worthless piece of shit.

Amazing that God would waste perfectly good skin on you.

I'm not getting the all the "towel" references you two are using. :huh:

And I'm not defending the Weathermen's ideas or methods, but you need to keep some perspective. The only people the Weathermen ever blew up were themselves by accident. We're hardly talking about al Qaeda, Hezbollah, or the I.R.A. here.

And Palen said terrorists...who is she referring to besides Ayers?

All this guilt by association shit is really stupid. I don't quite understand how it's supposed to affect anyone's ability to lead, or how anyone is surprised that someone working on the street level in a city like Chicago would, gasp, interact with radicals.

All this guilt by association shit is really stupid. I don't quite understand how it's supposed to affect anyone's ability to lead, or how anyone is surprised that someone working on the street level in a city like Chicago would, gasp, interact with radicals.

"Show me who your friends are and I'll know what kind of person you are."

Theres a difference between "interacting with radicals" and "working with them to support Terroristic groups like ACORN and heading their $50 million foundation".

I dare say that if the Media could dig up a William Ayers/Rev. Wright type person in McCain's or Palin's past that they would outright be crucified by the media for associating for such a person.

Of course, with Obama when anyone challenges his associations with people of iffy character he either brushes off the association as not important to the election or use his "thats not the (person's name) that I know" line.

Rev Wright was on every news channel, practically 24/7, for an entire month. Bill Ayers has been discussed since the Dem primary season began.

McCain actually does have a scandal in his past. The Liberal Media has chosen to completely ignore it.

Rev Wright was on every news channel, practically 24/7, for an entire month. Bill Ayers has been discussed since the Dem primary season began.

McCain actually does have a scandal in his past. The Liberal Media has chosen to completely ignore it.

The Keating 5 Scandal is hardly the same as associating with a guy that went around blowing stuff up as a part of a terrorist group.

He said so himself.

In addition, you ever heard of the Greenwich Village bombing in which his organization was assembling a bomb and blew themselves up?

I'm not sure Bill Ayers ever blew anything up.

From the New York Times on 9/11/01 (ironic!)

You don't even have to read past the first sentence!

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said.

further down..

He writes that he participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, of the Capitol building in 1971, the Pentagon in 1972. But Mr. Ayers also seems to want to have it both ways, taking responsibility for daring acts in his youth, then deflecting it.

Tell us Marvin, how is this going to affect Obama? Is he going to suddenly radicalize the White House?

It only shows terrible judgment (which cannot be disputed in this case) and I haven't seen Marvin say different.

Oh come on, you're certainly comparing apples and oranges if you're trying to expand this into policy decisions. That's a shitty case to make.

Tell us Marvin, how is this going to affect Obama? Is he going to suddenly radicalize the White House?

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. It goes towards Obama's judgment (or lack thereof), especially of character of the people he associates with. If he can associate himself with people like Ayers/Wright for 20+ years and not realize that something isn't quite right about them in one way or another, then who is to say that he won't associate himself with people of even shadier character in the future?

These are the kinds of things McCain should be getting out anyway he can. Of course, Obama has threatened the media from allowing people to talk about such events in his past (WGN and Stanley Kurtz, who wrote a book detailing the association between Obama and Ayers) which shows there must be something he has to hide or else it wouldn't be a big deal to let them talk about it.

John McCain was hand-picked to take Barry Goldwater's Senate seat. That guy actually planned to blow up the whole world at one point. That's what I heard.

Barack Obama knows a guy that was part of a group that blew up a bathroom and a statue almost 40 years ago.

WHO. GIVES. A. FUCK?

You have to really hate Obama to think this has any relevance to the 2008 presidential election.

Compare and contrast.

Last February...

Yesterday...

McCain's response from February...

McCain's response now? Who knows.

Theres a difference between "interacting with radicals" and "working with them to support Terroristic groups like ACORN and heading their $50 million foundation".

Fuck you, Marvin. Fuck you.

Sign in to follow this