TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

3. I watched Recount today, which I highly recommend. It's not a "Bush stole the Florida election" kind of movie, but it shows the decisions of both Gore and Bush campaigns in Florida on a day-by-day basis. Good stuff.

I dunno, I got a completely different feel from it. I mean, when Jim Baker has a Texan-accent, I knew I wasn't going to like it. It still feels really tilted towards the Democratic side; the Recount montage when they are getting close, the showing off of "dirty Republican tactics" and such, and Warren Christopher being a total pussy.

As a Christian, that is one of the most appalling things I've ever heard. I hate the kind of prayers where people try to tell God what's right or wrong. "God, you should probably do this... I'm only telling you because you don't already know." Absolutely incredible how a PASTOR can pigeonhole God like that. It's disgusting.

Yeah, that is pretty blasphemous in my opinion.

I would point to Christ's words, "Give to God what is God's, and give to Caesar what is Caesar's." I don't think God really cares who our president is.

The irony here is that most of the conservative Republicans who are supporting McCain don't like him that much either, but have been too fear-mongered into believing that Obama is some kind of terrorist sleeper-agent to dare say anything critical against McCain.

I mean, remember the Republicans for Hillary movement?

I'd also cite Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" here, but the point of that became lost once Rush kept changing the objectives after-the-fact to reflect whatever the outcomes were.

Haha, remember when all the Republican strategists were delighted at an Obama victory because of how easy it would be to trounce him in the election? Cut to two weeks before the big day:

1019_evdist.png

I thought the Republicans desperately wanted Hillary to win because they thought all of her skelotons might allow them to beat her. Remember Republicans For Hillary, or whatever? Remeber the Czech Republic?

The irony here is that most of the conservative Republicans who are supporting McCain don't like him that much either, but have been too fear-mongered into believing that Obama is some kind of terrorist sleeper-agent to dare say anything critical against McCain.

I mean, remember the Republicans for Hillary movement?

I'd also cite Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" here, but the point of that became lost once Rush kept changing the objectives after-the-fact to reflect whatever the outcomes were.

Haha, remember when all the Republican strategists were delighted at an Obama victory because of how easy it would be to trounce him in the election? Cut to two weeks before the big day:

1019_evdist.png

I thought the Republicans desperately wanted Hillary to win because they thought all of her skelotons might allow them to beat her. Remember Republicans For Hillary, or whatever? Remeber the Czech Republic?

Yeah. You wouldn't have to unite the Republican Party with a Palin pick if Hillary was running, simply because of the raw hatred Republicans have for her.

Haha, remember when all the Republican strategists were delighted at an Obama victory because of how easy it would be to trounce him in the election?

No, not really.

Guest Vitamin X

For Obama or McCain, snuffy? I thought I heard you mention it earlier, but I forgot.

Also, I really hate seeing all these simulations and stuff leading up to election day. I remember 2004 all too well when Kerry was up in the polls just before election day (although not as much as Obama is now, but still) and even the conservative brigade here at TSM was all down about things and then Bush came out re-elected.

Not good for Obama. The big Madison rally has been a Dem staple since 1984. It's been a guranteed means of getting a huge crowd motivated near election day & looking good on television. Without a big Madison rally, Gore and Kerry probably would've lost the state in 00 and 04. The polls show Obama ahead by a greater margin in the polls now than they were but McCain is still active. By canceling this speech Obama loses a chance to motivate between 30-100,000 supporters to go out and work the last 10 days or so. Instead, he's angered more than a few voters with a weekend-long bait-and-switch. Right now, McCain needs to run the table of toss-up states and steal a couple back from Obama. Obama just traded a chance to drop the final hammer in Wisconsin. He's given McCain one state to try to steal back. Not surprising, though, Dems have been killing themselves for years. This is politics, not the law of averages. Overconfidence never has worked with this stuff & it never will. Unbelievably dumb.

So, if Sarah Palin came out and said that someone would attack the US in 6 months if McCain becomes President, that would be nasty republican fear mongering and stuff.

But when Joe Biden says it, its just..stupid. Because now if something happens, I say we blame him for starting it.

This is what he said.

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...-to-suppor.html

Nasty Dem fearmongering.

This is what he said.

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...-to-suppor.html

Nasty Dem fearmongering.

Republican fear-mongering: If a Democrat gets elected, really terrible things are going to happen.

Democrat fear-mongering: If a Democrat gets elected, really terrible things are going to happen.

I bet we all couldn't wait for THIS issue to rear its ugly head...

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin says she supports a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, a break with John McCain who has said he believes states should be left to define what marriage is. In an interview with Christian Broadcasting Network, the Alaska governor said she had voted in 1998 for a state amendment banning same sex marriage and hoped to see a federal ban on such unions.

"I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that's where we would go. I don't support gay marriage," Palin said. She said she believed traditional marriage is the foundation for strong families.

McCain, an Arizona senator, is supporting a ballot initiative in his state this year that would ban gay marriage. But he has consistently and forcefully opposed a federal marriage amendment, saying it would usurp states' authority on such matters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_...in_gay_marriage

Oh, dear god, she's already running for the 2012 nomination.

Yeah, despite the fact that her negatives are HUGE and conservative economic philosophy is about as popular as cancer right now, she'll claim McCain was weighing her down and if only they'd nominated a "real" conservative LIKE HER, they'd have won in '08 and liberals are ruining American and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

My feeling on gay marriage is that since marriage is a state issue, it should be left to the states. Problem with that is you'll have about 12 different definitions of marriage if thats the case and it will be a huge mess.

Anything not written in the Constitution is a state's issue.

Abortion/Gay marriage/Rights to Privacy/Education/Age of Consent/beer sales//ect are ALL states issues. The Feds have NO business in any of these issues.

So, if Sarah Palin came out and said that someone would attack the US in 6 months if McCain becomes President, that would be nasty republican fear mongering and stuff.

But when Joe Biden says it, its just..stupid. Because now if something happens, I say we blame him for starting it.

... as compared to the "Kerry win = 9/11 part 2" narrative in 2004?

Which part of what Biden said is inaccurate? A crisis of any stripe is still a crisis. It could be anything from the Russian invasion of Georgia this summer (far away but still international in nature) to a foreign terrorist taking out the Capitol building. Say Pakistan implodes due to economic instability and violence and we get an unstable nation with (established as factual in this case) nuclear capabilities. The President of the United States has implied involvement in these matters due to our highest of profiles. This is what Biden meant, not that something terrible is guaranteedly going to happen to America.

Oh, the rally's canceled because Obama's going to Hawaii to visit his sick grandma.

Obama should have bought his grandmother a tv. Shows the kind of man he his, wont even buy his grandma a tv, she has to rely on others to donate it to her.

Oh, the rally's canceled because Obama's going to Hawaii to visit his sick grandma.

Obama should have bought his grandmother a tv. Shows the kind of man he his, wont even buy his grandma a tv, she has to rely on others to donate it to her.

dont steal my arguments against Obama.

For Obama or McCain, snuffy? I thought I heard you mention it earlier, but I forgot.

Also, I really hate seeing all these simulations and stuff leading up to election day. I remember 2004 all too well when Kerry was up in the polls just before election day (although not as much as Obama is now, but still) and even the conservative brigade here at TSM was all down about things and then Bush came out re-elected.

I'm pretty sure Kerry wasn't up in the polls before election day.

Sign in to follow this