TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Ohmuhgah! Seal and Heidi Klum will leave U.S. if McCain wins!!!!???!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...i-klum-and.html

I decided about a week ago that I'm voting for McCain, but this is just even more reason.

I can see you've put plenty of thought into your vote.

Like I said, I decided about a week ago.

Anyone who votes Republican clearly doesn't think.

(According to this board, at least.)

Apparently Joe the Plumber and the McCain campaign are feuding over Joe the Plumber's campaign schedule.

Contacted by CNN a second time, Wurzelbacher said the campaign only called him to confirm after the event in question already took place. He will now try to meet up with McCain later in the day.

Wurzelbacher also said he had gotten an initial call about coming to the morning rally, "but no one called back to confirm," and was "not happy" that McCain had called out his name and he wasn't there.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...t-mccain-event/

John McCain's campaign team will be running school board elections when this is over.

john_mccain.jpg

"Why am I surrounded by FRICKIN' IDIOTS???"

Oh. My. God. (no pun intended...okay, maybe a little)

WHY DO THE DEMOCRATS HATE BABY JESUS?????

A McCain win = legit spike in Canadian real estate. I've read quite a few letters/online posts recently where people have said they'll move North if My Friends wins. Could be bullshit but I know I met a few ex-Americans who peaced out when Bush took it last time.

Just remember that unless you renounce your citizenship, you have to continue to pay taxes to the United States no matter where you live.

palin_2.jpg

"Its just Halloween!"

Well then I think the people in Kentucky who did the Obama Effigy should be able to put theirs back up for Halloween. That seems fair.

At the county Board of Supervisors' meeting Tuesday, Supervisor Michael Antonovich directed county counsel to investigate whether the Palin effigy constitutes a hate crime.

"Why is that not considered a hate crime? If there was an African American hanging from a tree, would that not constitute a hate crime?" Antonovich said, adding that the county definition of hate crimes includes "political affiliation."

Maybe, just maybe that both are tasteless and have no business being done. Maybe both are done by idiots that do more harm to their cause than good?

Can't be that logical.

Both are in poor taste, but you would have to be a complete moron to understand why, from a historical standpoint, the Obama effigy is wrong on more than one level.

Both are in poor taste, but you would have to be a complete moron to understand why, from a historical standpoint, the Obama effigy is wrong on more than one level.

Women who were accused of being witches were hung and burned in the same fashion way before the KKK was using it against black people. So I guess you're wrong.

Link to a blog with a good opinion on the matter

Funny, your post made it seem as though the effigy at UK was equally acceptable.

If the people in CA can keep theirs up because its Hallowen and free speech, why can't they keep the one up of Obama in KY for the same reason?

Funny, your post made it seem as though the effigy at UK was equally acceptable.

If the people in CA can keep theirs up because its Hallowen and free speech, why can't they keep the one up of Obama in KY for the same reason?

Neither should be held up, but the Palin effigy is on private property, which is why no action has been taken yet. The Obama effigy was on campus property, so I don't need to explain to you why it was removed immediately... or do I?

Women who were accused of being witches were hung and burned in the same fashion way before the KKK was using it against black people. So I guess you're wrong.

Is anyone here defending that effigy? I thought not.

Was the part where he based his vote on the celebrities encoded in a different language on your computer?

Let's review...

Ohmuhgah! Seal and Heidi Klum will leave U.S. if McCain wins!!!!???!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...i-klum-and.html

I decided about a week ago that I'm voting for McCain, but this is just even more reason.

I can see you've put plenty of thought into your vote.

Like I said, I decided about a week ago.

I think that means that he decided a week ago, THEN read the Seal story. Frankly, if Seal leaves the country, that's fantastic. Heidi Klum, though, is a different story altogether.

Is anyone here defending that effigy? I thought not.

I think he's just attemting to point out that they're wrong on the same level. One is on public property, yes, and that's obviously why it's been acted upon.

But, you're missing the larger point. People reacted to the Obama effigy with outrage, after reacting to the Palin effigy with laughter. That's a ridiculous double standard.

While they are equally irritating, hanging a black man from a tree in a mid-South state has a slightly different connotation than hanging a white woman on the West Coast. I don't know if guys like Matt or Marvin can see this, but I can somewhat understand why someone in Kentucky would be so quick to denounce such an action, while someone in California wouldn't.

While they are equally irritating, hanging a black man from a tree in a mid-South state has a slightly different connotation than hanging a white woman on the West Coast.

You clearly don't remember the San Francisco Witch Trials of 1963.

In the 16th and 17th centuries, mainly in Europe. Lynching occurred in the 20th century, actually in Kentucky.

FUCK BUSH!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

The White House is working to enact a wide array of federal regulations, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment, before President Bush leaves office in January.

He couldn't leave the country as nice as it was when he came into office, its too late for that. But he doesn't have to rape, murder, and burn the corpse on his way out. Jeez.

Sign in to follow this