TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Well, Obama has won Dixville Notch, the first precinct to turn in their votes, 15 to 6. Apparently they haven't voted Democrat since 1968. Take that as you will.

3001287941_54b0974e2c_o.png

Hell, since everyone is getting drunk for election night, I guess I better get drunk as well.

Even though there is a 99.9% chance I'll have to work 12-7 on Wed.

I made my vote for Obama.

This was my third time voting for President and the first time I voted for a major party candidate. There were about 100 people in the building when I got there (I live around mostly old people in my district) and half of them were black. That's easily the only time I've seen that many black voters out in my district. Which is good for me...cause I think they're voting for my guy ^_^

Actually I live in New York...everyone is pretty much voting for him.

Well, in our city, morning is definitely the time to go. I don't envy my wife going to vote this evening, as the lines will be long after everyone is getting done with work.

Lines weren't long when I got there. Out the door by time I left 20 minutes later. This was my first time voting, so I got that sappy "I'm part of history" feeling. Of course, that was almost ruined by the lady in the parking lot trying to pass out information about the "pro-life candidates." If there had ever been a time to declare that you love abortion, this was it.

Lines weren't long when I got there. Out the door by time I left 20 minutes later. This was my first time voting, so I got that sappy "I'm part of history" feeling. Of course, that was almost ruined by the lady in the parking lot trying to pass out information about the "pro-life candidates."

That's illegal, isn't it?

Lines weren't long when I got there. Out the door by time I left 20 minutes later. This was my first time voting, so I got that sappy "I'm part of history" feeling. Of course, that was almost ruined by the lady in the parking lot trying to pass out information about the "pro-life candidates."

That's illegal, isn't it?

Nah, it's illegal inside the building. There were similar people outside the building where I voted, too.

I voted for Obama.

Just got back from voting. This was my second presidential voting opportunity, and I went with Obama for President, John Lynch for NH governor, Jeanne Shaheen for NH senator, and Paul Hodes for Congress.

The undecided numbers seem to be unusually high in polls, 9%? Were they usually that high in elections? That makes me nervous as someone who wants Barack to win.

I can see how they would be. I'm usually pretty ironclad on my opinions, but I literally decided while at the booth. I had my pen hovering above McCain/Palin... ehhh... then Obama/Biden... ehhh... then decided I just couldn't vote for any ticket featuring Palin, and went with Obama/Biden.'

I had all my other ballot choices figured out (Norm Coleman over Al Franken, Erik Paulson over Ashwin Media).

I'm usually pretty ironclad on my opinions, but I literally decided while at the booth. I had my pen hovering above McCain/Palin... ehhh... then Obama/Biden... ehhh... then decided I just couldn't vote for any ticket featuring Palin, and went with Obama/Biden.'

Never has a poster's signature fit their post so well.

I'm usually pretty ironclad on my opinions, but I literally decided while at the booth. I had my pen hovering above McCain/Palin... ehhh... then Obama/Biden... ehhh... then decided I just couldn't vote for any ticket featuring Palin, and went with Obama/Biden.'

Never has a poster's signature fit their post so well.

Thank you?

I spent some time last night thinking about what the most important issue in my state was. Quite clearly, it's illegal immigration. Seeing as McCain was ahead of the country in wanting to do the right thing, I want to vote for him. But I don't want to vote for a ticket with Palin on it. Fortunately, my vote is meaningless, but to me, it means something. I don't know what to do. I'll probably vote McCain based on that one particular issue, which is the most important to my state.

I spent some time last night thinking about what the most important issue in my state was. Quite clearly, it's illegal immigration. Seeing as McCain was ahead of the country in wanting to do the right thing, I want to vote for him. But I don't want to vote for a ticket with Palin on it. Fortunately, my vote is meaningless, but to me, it means something. I don't know what to do. I'll probably vote McCain based on that one particular issue, which is the most important to my state.

I just figure if Bush and the current Republican regime weren't going to do anything about it, why would McCain if he somehow gets elected? I would view the abortion issue the same way.

I went mostly democrat, but I turned Republican on a few races cause the person absolutely sucked and nearly destroyed the state. Thankfully I was still able to write in a vote for Morton Von Scribblehen for representative. It was a bad category, I either had to pick the woman who hates gay people (I'm not cool with that mess) and believes that any female who has ever had an abortion should be in prison for murder vs the guy who thinks it's totally cool that nine different illegal immigrate families live in the same house, pay zero percent interest on loans, don't need insurance for their vehicle, don't need to get their vehicle tagged in the state, and of course think them having to pay state tax would be totally not fair to them.

It was a bad set of choices there. There was no "lesser of two evils" between them. My county will go McCain (cause it's a bunch of racist, rich sick freaks) but the state is going Obama. All 3 votes! WOOOO!

So it sounds like polling booths are still fairly common around the country. Here in Oregon we actually mail our votes or drop them off at the county office. For whatever reason, I figured the rest of the country was starting to go this route as well.

That way sucks. I used to hate voting absentee, because it meant I couldn't pull the lever.

I voted McCain, Jim Russell for Congress, Sandra Galef (D) for Assembly, Liz Feld ® for State Senate, a Right to Life candidate judge, Democrat for Town Supervisor, 1 Repub, 1 Dem for Village Trustee, Republican for Village Trustee, Democrat for mayor (unopposed)

I also voted no on making it easier for veterans to get civil service exemptions

How many places still have levers? It's went button push here. Are there any places still going with the old school gambling lever? I used to like the lever because it always did feel like when I was making my choices, I was just gambling with my money and life. Just felt fitting to have a slot machine style feeling.

Ralph Nader is promoting his bid for president during every break on tonight's Coast to Coast AM of all things.

I just want to point out how much I hate this show. The local Fox News carrying talk radio station plays this shit. During the day you have semi-respectable hosts, then sports, then... this UFO/conspiracy theory shit.

Edit: I voted Barr/Root, random third party choice against Lamar Alexander for Senate, for Marsha Blackburn, and unopposed Republic for State Representative. I think that's all that was on the ballot.

That way sucks. I used to hate voting absentee, because it meant I couldn't pull the lever.

Is there an actual lever? I just thought that was a figure of speech.

Yes.

You pull the lever to close the curtain, and then there are these little things that you push down for the candidate you want to vote for. Then you pull the lever when finished.

Sign in to follow this