“Ah, Scott. It’s a bit late, and Allis—look, could you call back tomorrow?”

“I’d love to, but this really can’t wait.”

“Alright, shoot.”

“Toxxic spoke to you recently.”

“Yes, he did. And?”

“He asked you to change the stipulations of our match.”

“He did that too. And…?”

“I want them changed back.”

“Changed back? Scott, you are aware that he asked for me to remove the No DQ and No Countout stipulations, right? Don’t ask me why, but it seems to me like he was trying to give you an advantage—“

“I’m aware of that, Mr. Flesher. I’m aware of every detail. And I don’t like it one bit. Even if he is trying to help me out – and I don’t see why he would, being such an incurable opportunist – it’s kind of like affirmative action, you know? When I do win, I want my victory to be pure and untainted, to come out of my own abilities and preparation rather than the efforts of my opponent to ‘level the playing field.’”

“Well, he obviously has more insidious reasons than that.”

“Certainly he does. It makes my skin crawl just to imagine what was running through his mind when he approached you. But that’s not important – all that matters is that you get the match’s rules restored to their original state.”

“I’d love to help you out, Scott, but the show is tomorrow night! There is only so much I can do, and I’m afraid I’ve already done it. And… if I may speak confidentially… I think Toxxic is doing this because he doesn’t want to hurt you.”

“You know, Mr. Flesher, I’ve thought about that. And I have to say your theory holds some weight. However, there is one small problem.”

“Which is…?”

“It may very well be true that Toxxic doesn’t want to hurt me. But I want to hurt him. I implore you, Mr. Flesher. Don’t listen to that maniac. Change it back.”

“I’ll see what I can do... but I can promise you nothing. Good night, Scott.”

“Good night, Mr. Flesher.”

And only a few shows ago you were protesting that you still wanted to be friends even though you'd broken our agreement, yet here you are wanting to hurt me.

*puts on 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me' by Culture Club*

*turns it off again with an expression of distaste*

Sign in to follow this