TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

IMPORTANT: Concerning TSM's Future

I want to start this out by saying that this site and the forums have given me a great sense of pride and happiness in the last few years and I would like to say thank you for that, first and foremost.

I'll be frank with all of you. As much as I want to continue with the site, right now, I'm at a point in my life where financially, I cannot. I've never wanted to let this site go and those of you who speak to me online know that I've always had a place for this site since it was all I had at one point.

As of the 15th of August, Mike the Admin will officially take over TSM, the board & the site. What he will do with the site will be entirely up to him. Nothing changes until the 15th, however.

My hope is that he will keep the forums up and allow TSM to remain as it is for now, but that's all up to him.

I know this may seem abrupt, but lately, I've had to come with the grips of reality that I haven't contributed nearly as much as I should have to the site and it's suffered greatly for it. Combine that with the added stress of all of my bills piling up on me and I feel guilty for having to reach such a decision. But right now, this is what I have to do for myself.

First, I would like to thank ALL of you for coming to TSM and making it a part of your lives in some sort of way. The fact that people here have made bonds and will always have memories of this place is enough for me to be happy with.

I want to thank the great staff that TSM has had, both past and present, for all of your hard work and dedication to what has been at times a thankless job. A special thank you goes out to Dr. Tom & Sass for taking care of this site when I took my extended leave of absence...and never really returned full time.

I want to thank JHawk & Kingpk for continuing to update the site with Raw & SD reports weekly when no one else continued. JHawk deserves a second applause by having written the most articles and being here with me since day one.

I want to thank Goodhelmet & Stephen Joseph for being there with me when TSM was first conceptualized and walked me through the first few months of it all.

I want to thank Mike the Admin for everything he's done for me as well.

I want to thank EVERY staff member who's been a part of TSM, Zack Malibu, Brian, Canadian Chick, Loss 4 Words, Illustrious One, APO, Kotz, HTQ, Areacode212, alkeiper, Kahran Ramsus, treble...and I KNOW that I'm missing some of you guys and I'm sorry about that.

I'd like to think that I've had good relationships with all of you and I hope to keep in touch with a lot of you in the future.

So...I am officially stepping down as the Owner of TSM as of August 15th, 2005.

It was a great 3+ year run.

Damian "The Dames" Gonzalez

Wow, this was certainly unexpected. Hopefully Mike will keep the forums around, and if so, I hope you choose to stick around, Dames. I've never spoken to you (maybe we can change that now that you have an Xbox Live headset) but you seem like a great guy and all your hard work is appreciated by all of us.

Thank you for all your contributions to the site and forums, as they pertain to time spent, effort exerted, and last but not least, your financial contributions. This is probably my favorite place to visit on the internet, and without you, we wouldn't have had a site/board to enjoy.

Just to make sure no one freaks out, or panics. :) The site will not go down in August 15th. Things will operate the same, I will slowly work on getting things a bit organized, so I know some of what is taking place. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact me @ admin_at_thesmartmarks.com or PM me on the forums.

Again I ASSURE YOU, the forums will definitely not be going down, as it’s in a 2 year contract which started in April. :) So I hope that makes you guys feel more stable.

Edited by admin

dvdsimpsons3b.jpg

Admin: Rudo, can we have a word with you?

Rudo: No..

Admin: Sorry, i must have phrased that badly. May we have a brief, friendly chat?

Rudo: No!

Admin: Once again I have failed.[reading from a Admin-English phrasebook]We request the pleasure of your company for a free exchange of ideas.

Rudo: NO!!!!

Everything that has been said, or will be said, will come after me, so I might as well make this short and sweet:

Thank you, Dames, for allowing us the privilege of posting here.

This is the first place I visit when I log on to the internet, which can range from either once every two months to once every hour. This has been my homepage for three years. Yes, there are forums that are eerily similar to TSM (i.e. DVDVR, the spawns of TSM and anti-TSM), but this forum has maintained something that keeps me coming back, even when there's no new posts in the middle of the night. I guess it's the atmosphere, because it hasn't been created on the boards previously mentioned. That being said, even if the board did stop on August 15th, 2005, I can say that I've come out of this being a bigger wrestling fan, a bigger sports fan, a DVD junkie, and most of all...a bigger smart mark.

Thanks.

Guest Black Widow
I want to thank EVERY staff member who's been a part of TSM

LIES!

Not a good way to go out.

Hey "Black Widow", I hope you have fun swinging your tennis racket around, I'm still in charge for two more weeks.

That might be true, Dames, but you have to be online more than once every couple of days to take advantage of that.

Does this mean you're changing your custom title to "fuckwithable"?

Rest assured, everyone, this isn't a permanent goodbye or anything like that. I'll still pop in once in a while...

I just won't be calling the shots anymore, which I'm going to have to get used to...

Who knows, maybe one day in the future, I'll start writing again. If that ever does happen, I'll definitely let you guys know.

If the forums ever do go elsewhere, I will be around...

Dames

Funny part is...alot of the forums that I frequently go to, the same thing is happening to all of them! It's scary!!

But, I guess it's always time to move on. Thanks for everything Dames.

hmm...no mention of the bps...

The longest holdover of the last time the board went through this kind of drama.

That's cool...

In all seriousness...

I hope this doesn't mean that Dames won't stick around and be a part of the community once his reign is done. We got off to a rough start...but he's a cool guy who put a hell of a lot into this place. When others left us for dead...Dames kept us alive.

And for that, I thank him.

I hope this doesn't mean that Dames won't stick around and be a part of the community once his reign is done.  We got off to a rough start...but he's a cool guy who put a hell of a lot into this place.  When others left us for dead...Dames kept us alive.

And for that, I thank him.

I echo what bps said. I still remember us Mods (myself, bps, and I believe Brian and Kahran) running around unsure what was going on when you first came into power. You're a good guy. Enjoyed your TNA reviews. Good luck to you, man.