TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

US seeks extradition of Canadian pot dealer

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...raid050729.html

Vancouver police armed with a search warrant have raided a pot-seed store run by Marc Emery, the head of the B.C. Marijuana Party.

The warrant was executed on behalf of the U.S. government.

Emery himself was taken into custody in Halifax.

The document alleges a conspiracy to produce marijuana and distribute seeds as well as alleging money laundering.

"Their activities resulted in the growing of tens of thousands of marijuana plants in America. He was involved, allegedly, in an illegal distribution of marijuana in this country [u.S.]. He is a drug dealer," assistant U.S. attorney Jeff Sullivan told CBC News.

Vancouver police officers carried out the raid. As a result Emery is out of business.

Chris Bennett, who works for Emery and was at his office when it was raided, says he's angry an American warrant was executed by a Canadian police force.

"They're taking him down to face charges in the United States of America. And sentences in America for this kind of thing is so much harsher that one would face in Canada," said Bennett.

American officials are seeking Emery's extradition, which could take six months to a year.

Evidently the RCMP are agents of the US government.

Guest El Satanico

It's not their fault that stupid Americans didn't follow directions that clearly stated the product is meant solely as a method for producing hemp

Guest Biggles

I'm between amused and appalled that, after all these years, the U.S. "War on Drugs" still goes after pot dealers. Pathetic...

Yep. Something about the pot I'm smoking helps fund the terrorists that took out the WTC...despite the fact that I bought it off my neighbor that grows it himself, or something.

Guest Fishyswa

If I had any idea the money I spend on pot went to those dead terrorists responsible for 9/11, I'd alert my drug dealer.

Is America jealous that our weed is better or something? First the cops in NYC lay a beatdown to a Canadian music producer over a dime bag bust and now this.

Sorry dude, Californian weed is about a kajillion times better than anything we have up here.l

Now, don't get me wrong as I hate America and love weed.

But they were right to do this. If I kill an American while vacationing in said country, shouldn't it be right for the U.S police to put a warrant out for me?

And the article clearly said the pot grown wound up in American hands.

Having said that, youse Yankees gotta relax on those pot laws.

But they were right to do this. If I kill an American while vacationing in said country, shouldn't it be right for the U.S police to put a warrant out for me?

And the article clearly said the pot grown wound up in American hands.

Yeah, they could put out a warrant, but, let's say that they were seeking the death penalty. In that case, Canada probably wouldn't send them back to the states, because Canada is against the death penalty.

I think this is essentially the same thing. Sending this man back to the states is giving him a death sentence, because he'll be in jail for the rest of his life.

The person I was using for an example? Probably life.

This pot dealer guy? Uh, nothing, I think. I believe it is legal in Canada to sell such seeds, for the purpose of growing hemp. I mean, Canada doesn't seem like they're trying to bust him so he's probably safe.

But I don't have the best knowledge of laws, so I could be off.