TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Will Nelson make me gay

I was pawing through the used CD's at the music store a few months ago, and picked up "After the Rain" by Nelson for 3 bucks. After being seen with it by a friend, it's now become a running joke among us. Anyways, I've really been digging this album lately, I forgot how great a single Love and Affection was. Sure, it may be really gay metal, but I'll be damned if it's not catchy. Does enjoying Nelson mean I might have some undiscovered homosexual overtones? I sure hope not.

I thought this was a bad grammar topic saying that Willie Nelson made him gay.

I'm disappointed, but happy at the same time, because Willie Nelson shouldn't make anyone gay. Nelson does, though, so you're fucked*.

*(Probably by a guy, because you're gay.)

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I'm disappointed, but happy at the same time, because Willie Nelson shouldn't make anyone gay.  Nelson does, though, so you're fucked*.

From the AP:

DELIVERANCE star BURT REYNOLDS was so impressed with country legend WILLIE NELSON when they met, the actor's now convinced they'd have made the perfect gay couple.

Reynolds and Nelson teamed up to make appearances in the upcoming movie adaptation of cult TV show DUKES OF HAZZARD, and twice-divorced Reynolds admits he almost immediately saw a perfect partner in the singer.

He says, "When I worked with Willie Nelson - who is just about the nicest man I've ever worked with in my life - I thought, 'If I'd have been gay, it would've saved me millions, just because we'd still be happily married.'"

I had the album when I was 12, one of my 1st CD's, and yes it made me gay.

Since getting rid of it my homosexual tendencies have gone away, this is the only CD known to man to have this affect on people. Well that and Right Said Fred.

Seriously people, have you ever seen the video. This old dad is yelling at his son, "YOU'RE 18 YEARS OLD, BOY. BY THE TIME I WAS 18 I HAD ALREADY BEEN WORKING 6 YEARS AND HAD BEEN IN THE SERVICE! YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING!" The kid is so upset that he begins crying and puts on his Walkman to listen to his copy of After the Rain, and a purple bolt of lightening is suddenly sent through the headphone wires to his head. Then the Nelson brothers emerge from the poster of them the kid has hanging above his wall and pull him in. Then it shows the kid screaming and falling as though he's travelling into some other dimension. When he finally lands, he's sitting across from an Indian with both the Nelsons by his side. The Indian holds out a feather, which the Nelsons touch and disappear. Then the kid gets up and tries to walk away, but the Indian gives him the feather. Then he makes his way outside to witness an awesome performance of "After the Rain" by Matthew, Gunnar and the whole bunch. Then it shows the kid back in his room, waking up. It was all a dream............or was it???? On the table next to his bed..............is the feather the Indian gave him!! Spooky, huh?

Hmmmm...video sounds gay too...

I'm disappointed, but happy at the same time, because Willie Nelson shouldn't make anyone gay.  Nelson does, though, so you're fucked*.

From the AP:

DELIVERANCE star BURT REYNOLDS was so impressed with country legend WILLIE NELSON when they met, the actor's now convinced they'd have made the perfect gay couple.

Reynolds and Nelson teamed up to make appearances in the upcoming movie adaptation of cult TV show DUKES OF HAZZARD, and twice-divorced Reynolds admits he almost immediately saw a perfect partner in the singer.

He says, "When I worked with Willie Nelson - who is just about the nicest man I've ever worked with in my life - I thought, 'If I'd have been gay, it would've saved me millions, just because we'd still be happily married.'"

Well, I guess I was wrong. Burt :wub: Willie

I was pawing through the used CD's at the music store a few months ago, and picked up "After the Rain" by Nelson for 3 bucks. After being seen with it by a friend, it's now become a running joke among us. Anyways, I've really been digging this album lately, I forgot how great a single Love and Affection was. Sure, it may be really gay metal, but I'll be damned if it's not catchy. Does enjoying Nelson mean I might have some undiscovered homosexual overtones? I sure hope not.

Not just regular gay, either ... but a power bottom.

Seriously people, have you ever seen the video. This old dad is yelling at his son, "YOU'RE 18 YEARS OLD, BOY. BY THE TIME I WAS 18 I HAD ALREADY BEEN WORKING 6 YEARS AND HAD BEEN IN THE SERVICE! YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING!" The kid is so upset that he begins crying and puts on his Walkman to listen to his copy of After the Rain, and a purple bolt of lightening is suddenly sent through the headphone wires to his head. Then the Nelson brothers emerge from the poster of them the kid has hanging above his wall and pull him in. Then it shows the kid screaming and falling as though he's travelling into some other dimension. When he finally lands, he's sitting across from an Indian with both the Nelsons by his side. The Indian holds out a feather, which the Nelsons touch and disappear. Then the kid gets up and tries to walk away, but the Indian gives him the feather. Then he makes his way outside to witness an awesome performance of "After the Rain" by Matthew, Gunnar and the whole bunch. Then it shows the kid back in his room, waking up. It was all a dream............or was it???? On the table next to his bed..............is the feather the Indian gave him!! Spooky, huh?

I wish we had video embedding in 2005:

Or demanding that Willie Nelson make him gay. I thought the same thing, also. And, frankly, that would have been a much more interesting thread.

I listened to this album once, and it was so gay that i married a 45 year old man later that day.

Also, I refuse to let you bastards sully the name of Willie Nelson any more.

Look in the mirror girl, by now you should know

You’re living in a fantasy, and you can’t let go

He never really loved you from the start

The only thing he ever gave you was a broken heart

Don’t be afraid to lose what was never meant to be

After the rain washes away the tears

And all the pain

Only after the rain

Can you live again

I know the emptiness you feel inside

You’re thinking if you break away, you’ll never survive

I’m waiting as my heart beats just for you

Come on and take my hand and I’ll pull you through

But things will never change until you want them to

And all the pain

Only after the rain

Can you live again

WHOA-OH WHOA-OH

After the rain

You’ll see the sun appear to light the way

Only after the rain

Can you hope to find true love again

He never really loved you from the start

The only thing he ever gave you was a broken heart

Come on and take my hand and I’ll pull you through

You know the time has come for you to face the truth

And all the pain

Only after the rain

Can you live again

WHOA-OH WHOA-OH

After the rain

You’ll see the sun appear to light the way

Only after the rain

Can you hope to find true love again

Gay metal = Judas Priest, therefore gay metal is good.

Only a man that can wear so much leather and be gay yet metal heads think he is a god of some sort.

Yes, yes it will I recommend a mandatory viewing of a block of Metal Aslyum, Slave to the Metal and Uranium on Fuse stat.

Those are supposed to make him LESS gay?

Gay metal = Judas Priest, therefore gay metal is good.

I'll agree with that sentiment but Nelson isn't metal. Hell, Nelson isn't even hard rock. Nelson is about a half step above soft rock for fuck's sake! You can't much less metal than Nelson. Michael Bolton is more metal than those two!