Lil' Bitch

Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels?

Legend Vs. Icon  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Legend Vs. Icon

• Hulk Hogan
    • Shawn Michaels

Guest slmon

"Great, a choice between a has-been and an even bigger and older has-been. HBK."

Does HBK wrestle like a has-been? *shakes head*

HTQ- Granted, Michaels can stay over even if he loses, but what's the good in putting a part-time wrestler over a regular wrestler? By the time Mania 22 rolls around, HBK/Hogan will likely be put into the backs of peoples minds. Besides that, even if Hogan wins, no way will he go out without getting his heat back.

My prediction, Michaels pins Hogan. Hogan offers HBK a handshake, which will thus get his heat back. Michaels accepts, stays a face, Hogan and HBK pose and everybody goes home happy.

I've heard they want to do Austin/Hogan at WM 22 so Hogan could win here.  Yet Hogan won't be around that much and Michaels will be and thus Shawn should get the win....it's a really tough call.

That is the big match they are wanting to do, so Hogan should win. And he will win. Shawn doesn't need to win, because he can stay over no matter what, so he isn't going to.

But Hogan doesnt wrestle as much as HBK does. Hogans over the hill. How can they phase Hogan out after a win? HBK would look weak.

"Great, a choice between a has-been and an even bigger and older has-been. HBK."

Does HBK wrestle like a has-been?  *shakes head*

I was waiting for the pop. No, of course not, but its sad that the WWE has to push an older guy with a broken back so much to get buys. They should be in a better position that this.

Welcome to the board slmon.

My prediction, Michaels pins Hogan. Hogan offers HBK a handshake, which will thus get his heat back. Michaels accepts, stays a face, Hogan and HBK pose and everybody goes home happy.

Does Michaels staying a face make sense? No, it doesnt.

HTQ- Granted, Michaels can stay over even if he loses, but what's the good in putting a part-time wrestler over a regular wrestler? By the time Mania 22 rolls around, HBK/Hogan will likely be put into the backs of peoples minds. Besides that, even if Hogan wins, no way will he go out without getting his heat back.

Michaels can survive the loss, without any effects. If need be, he can come on Raw the next night and beat someone to get his heat back, not that he'll need to. With Hogan, his losses have to be very carefully picked, and this should not be one of them. People will remember this match for a long time, in the same way that people still remember and talk about Hogan v Rock from WM XVIII, because of who is involved. That means they will remember everything that happened, right down to the finishing sequence, the crowd reactions, and what happens afterwards. That alone means Hogan has to win to build towards the Austin v Hogan match they are eyeing up, because it can't be blemished with the memory of a high profile Hogan loss.

I agree with that. I just don't see how that does the WWE good between now and Mania in 7ish months. Michaels can survive it and stay at the level he was before the match. The potential if he wins though is to elevate Michaels back to his standing in the D-X days of late 97 or maybe even the face run in 96. ie., main event contender. Then, given a few months of cocky Michaels, you (potentially) can transfer Michaels through Cena before Mania. Seems too much like they're building to a match in 7 months but skipping the months in between.

Besides that, it's a little dangerous putting build on a match that could very easily be vetoed by either man or even be put in jeopardy due to injuries, unless they're sure that it'll draw a record Mania buyrate...which it probably could.

I'd rather HBK be champ than anyone like Edge, and especially over Cena.

Say what you will about HBK, but I pretty much always love his matches.

Not that I really put any stock in what he says but Michaels said somewhere in an interview (Byte This maybe) that he doesn't plan to chase the title anymore.

Until the writers need someone to make Cena look good. It's pretty well a matter of time before the two have a title match. Maybe it'll be at Survivor Series.

Not that I really put any stock in what he says but Michaels said somewhere in an interview (Byte This maybe) that he doesn't plan to chase the title anymore.

Until the writers need someone to make Cena look good. It's pretty well a matter of time before the two have a title match. Maybe it'll be at Survivor Series.

I'd say Hunter will get that spot, and no surprises as to whicih finish he pushes for.

Why would he turn down the title if given it? Why wouldnt he wrestle somebody for it if its booked as so?

I thought Austin is not in a position to risk another match though. This makes Hogan-Austin at WM a long shot at best.

Austin has one match left in him, as long as it is safe. And it doesn't get any safer than wrestling Hogan.

Why one match and not 2, 3 or 4 if they are safe?

I'd rather them use HBK to put Cena over and do something for the future than focus on the nostalgia match with Hogan and Austin. Right now, beating HBK isn't going to do huge things for Cena, because Michaels hasn't really been in contention for the title for a while.

I'd say Hunter will get that spot, and no surprises as to whicih finish he pushes for.

Wouldnt that finish work a bit better with HBK as the heel challenger? Maybe slightly aligned with Bischoff...

I'd rather them use HBK to put Cena over and do something for the future than focus on the nostalgia match with Hogan and Austin. Right now, beating HBK isn't going to do huge things for Cena, because Michaels hasn't really been in contention for the title for a while.

Hence my has beens comment. A Hogan win adds to the Michaels prize.

I thought Austin is not in a position to risk another match though. This makes Hogan-Austin at WM a long shot at best.

Austin has one match left in him, as long as it is safe. And it doesn't get any safer than wrestling Hogan.

Because of the risk and danger to his neck. One match would be ok, but any more than that is chancing it, and there is no point in doing that.

I'd rather them use HBK to put Cena over and do something for the future than focus on the nostalgia match with Hogan and Austin

The Austin v Hogan dream match will outdraw any other match WWE could put on, and may even break records. Whether that builds for the future or not, and it won't other than allowing a ton of people to catch their current stars which likely won't mean a thing, it's the Holy Grail of dream matches.

Because of the risk and danger to his neck. One match would be ok, but any more than that is chancing it, and there is no point in doing that.

I'd rather them use HBK to put Cena over and do something for the future than focus on the nostalgia match with Hogan and Austin

The Austin v Hogan dream match will outdraw any other match WWE could put on, and may even break records. Whether that builds for the future or not, and it won't other than allowing a ton of people to catch their current stars which likely won't mean a thing, it's the Holy Grail of dream matches.

Whats stopping something going wrong in that much and he still damages his neck? It can happen at any time, he could trip up and fall very badly or be hit by a car heaven forbid.

Why spoil the sure thing for the possible maybe? I couldnt care about 2 over the hill wrestlers in the ring. It is a dream match yes, a dream match that I wanted to see in 1998, not 2006 (and even Hogan was out of it then).

Why deprive your roster for this? Is this going to be RAW's ME for WM? Higher on the card than the WWE Title Match? And then what after the Holy Grail takes place? Look at Goldberg-Brock, 2 monsters meet, a whole lot of good that didnt it.

Whats stopping something going wrong in that much and he still damages his neck? It can happen at any time, he could trip up and fall very badly or be hit by a car heaven forbid.

Why spoil the sure thing for the possible maybe? I couldnt care about 2 over the hill wrestlers in the ring. It is a dream match yes, a dream match that I wanted to see in 1998, not 2006 (and even Hogan was out of it then).

Why deprive your roster for this?Is this going to be RAW's ME for WM? Higher on the card than the WWE Title Match? And then what after the Holy Grail takes place? Look at Goldberg-Brock, 2 monsters meet, a whole lot of good that didnt it.

The chances of anything going wrong in that match are as small as they get. Hogan does nothing high risk, or even medium risk; his offense is as low risk as it gets. And Austin isn't going to do anything silly either. They don't need to do anything risky anyway, so they won't.

Did you miss the part about this match having the potential to set records, and that it would draw more money than any other match WWE could put on?

Casual fans would die to see this match.

Why deprive your roster for this?

Because this match can get more eyeballs watching WM 22 than any other match, which in turn exposes the WWE product to more people, and hopefully creates some new fans.

Guest *KNK*

Precisely.

WWE can't offer any more dream matches bigger then Hogan/Austin.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

HTQ, How ugly would that match be though if Austin is the one who has to be protected?

Hulk surely can't take a decent stunner on the knee's so I guess outside of the big boot it would probably be a punch-kick-resthold fest with maybe a body slam thrown in for good measure.

I know they'll still do it because on paper that match just equals way too many dollar signs but actually thinking about the match itself for the first time scared me. :D