Lil' Bitch

Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels?

Legend Vs. Icon  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Legend Vs. Icon

• Hulk Hogan
    • Shawn Michaels

Guest *KNK*

The "beauty" of the match really doesn't matter once those fans slap those bills on the table and buy the show.

It wouldn't be any longer then it needs to be and you can bank a very hot crowd to carry it. No one works with a hot crowd as good as those two.

I thought Austin is not in a position to risk another match though. This makes Hogan-Austin at WM a long shot at best.

Austin has one match left in him, as long as it is safe. And it doesn't get any safer than wrestling Hogan.

Why one match and not 2, 3 or 4 if they are safe?

Because of the risk and danger to his neck. One match would be ok, but any more than that is chancing it, and there is no point in doing that.

I'd rather them use HBK to put Cena over and do something for the future than focus on the nostalgia match with Hogan and Austin

The Austin v Hogan dream match will outdraw any other match WWE could put on, and may even break records. Whether that builds for the future or not, and it won't other than allowing a ton of people to catch their current stars which likely won't mean a thing, it's the Holy Grail of dream matches.

Whats stopping something going wrong in that much and he still damages his neck? It can happen at any time, he could trip up and fall very badly or be hit by a car heaven forbid.

Why spoil the sure thing for the possible maybe? I couldnt care about 2 over the hill wrestlers in the ring. It is a dream match yes, a dream match that I wanted to see in 1998, not 2006 (and even Hogan was out of it then).

Why deprive your roster for this?Is this going to be RAW's ME for WM? Higher on the card than the WWE Title Match? And then what after the Holy Grail takes place? Look at Goldberg-Brock, 2 monsters meet, a whole lot of good that didnt it.

Whats stopping something going wrong in that much and he still damages his neck? It can happen at any time, he could trip up and fall very badly or be hit by a car heaven forbid.

The chances of anything going wrong in that match are as small as they get. Hogan does nothing high risk, or even medium risk; his offense is as low risk as it gets. And Austin isn't going to do anything silly either. They don't need to do anything risky anyway, so they won't.

Why spoil the sure thing for the possible maybe? I couldnt care about 2 over the hill wrestlers in the ring. It is a dream match yes, a dream match that I wanted to see in 1998, not 2006 (and even Hogan was out of it then).

Did you miss the part about this match having the potential to set records, and that it would draw more money than any other match WWE could put on?

Casual fans would die to see this match.

Why deprive your roster for this?

Because this match can get more eyeballs watching WM 22 than any other match, which in turn exposes the WWE product to more people, and hopefully creates some new fans.

Theres nothing stopping a bad fall or something like that. Wrestling is dangerous. Obviously, nobody would want anything to go wrong but accidents and mistakes can happen, like not falling on his neck properly when executing a leg drop. Its very eay to jar your neck. I have weak muscles, sometimes just over-streching can pull something leaving me in great pain. Is it worth the risk on his part? Was his WMXIX match worth the risk? Your putting money over a person's well being for a 20 min max thrill.

In 1998 it would. If a fan doesnt know that Austin is at breaking point and a viewer cant realise that Hogan is an over the top OAP has-been then there is something wrong with that person. Anybody who watches Hogan and believes hes still got it and can go needs help. You could pay me a million dollars and I still wouldnt say that Hogan is in his prime.

And then the eyeballs tune in and see what crap the WWE is currently promoting.

Guest *KNK*

It was worth the risk for Austin. He had to return the favor to the Rock and give him that rub to him. It was a matter of honor for Austin.

Look at how safe that WMXIX match was and that was before Austin took the surgey and repairments. It would be even safer this time.

Injuries are a part of LIFE. Austin could easily fall off his ATV during a hunting trip.

It's a ego thing and a pride thing for Austin and Hogan; both easily at risk for further injury to go along and do what would easily be the biggest match since WM3 to the mainstream...even if it's 7 years late.

Nobody cares if Hogan is or isn't in his prime. That isn't the issue at all here.

Hogan is a mythical character, a never dying character that is truly immortal in the eyes of the fans. No one believes in his "powers" but it's the nostalgia that comes with Hogan that brings people in, in short spurts.

You are completely looking at this in the wrong way.

It's the biggest possible draw WWE can put on the table. That's not even debatable. It's a historic match that has been demanded by the masses for years. They tried to set it up in 2002, Where it likely would have been more effective then it would be in 2006.

Guest slmon

" was waiting for the pop. No, of course not, but its sad that the WWE has to push an older guy with a broken back so much to get buys. They should be in a better position that this.

Welcome to the board slmon. "

Thanks. Wasn't trying to be snarky; just was discouraged seeing what I initially thought was one of those automatic, anti-HBK posts that one often finds on smark boards.

Precisely.

WWE can't offer any more dream matches bigger then Hogan/Austin.

I think that we have to distinguish between a dream match that is a realistic possibility and a dream match that we fantasise about. No Hogan-Austin today could capture want wed want it to be. Its a dream in our minds, just like every match involving Hogan and Austin is, and IMHO it should stay there. They could have done this at WMXVIII and WMXIX but they didnt. Weve added 3 years to that now. Id rather dream for HBK-Eddy for example, which I know can deliver than hold out for Hogan-Austin.

And no, Im not denying that it would sell, but at what cost? And Im not just referring to money costs. If I saw the match without watching wrestling in ages, yes, I would be interested. Id be all cool, Hogan-Austin. And then Id see the sorry state that they are in. And then Id be like boy they look old. And then Id tune into RAW and not see either Hogan or Austin but Snitsky-Kane 1973407559, CCC-Benjamin 10758590452 and HHH-HBK 53957905728576. And Id then Id say what fucking crap.

HTQ, How ugly would that match be though if Austin is the one who has to be protected?

Hulk surely can't take a decent stunner on the knee's so I guess outside of the big boot it would probably be a punch-kick-resthold fest with maybe a body slam thrown in for good measure.

I know they'll still do it because on paper that match just equals way too many dollar signs but actually thinking about the match itself for the first time scared me.  :D

Great, the finish will be a big boot by Hogan to Austin.

Theres nothing stopping a bad fall or something like that. Wrestling is dangerous. Obviously, nobody would want anything to go wrong but accidents and mistakes can happen, like not falling on his neck properly when executing a leg drop. Its very eay to jar your neck. I have weak muscles, sometimes just over-streching can pull something leaving me in great pain. Is it worth the risk on his part? Was his WMXIX match worth the risk? Your putting money over a person's well being for a 20 min max thrill.

Did you see Hogan do the legdrop to Carlito? It was the safest and lightest legdrop he ever did. If Hogan hits the legdrop on Austin, he isn't going to to damage Austin one bit, because it will have all the force of a baby's fart. You're not Austin, and I'm betting that his neck, and overall body is more muscled than yours, which helps with absorbing and taking impact. Austin obviously felt it was worth the risk to compete at WM XIX. And that match isn't going more than 10 minutes, if that, so the risk, such as it is, is minimal.

In 1998 it would. If a fan doesnt know that Austin is at breaking point and a viewer cant realise that Hogan is an over the top OAP has-been then there is something wrong with that person. Anybody who watches Hogan and believes hes still got it and can go needs help. You could pay me a million dollars and I still wouldnt say that Hogan is in his prime

I'd wager that not one casual fan cares that both men are broken down, and can't pull out a good match. They might know, and probably do, but they will overlook that. Has Hogan still got it and can go? Not as a regular performer, but as a nostalgia act, he can still go and what is needed, simply because being a nostalgia act is different to being a regular player. Of course Hogan is not in his prime, but that has absolutely nothing to do with his drawing power as part of the biggest dream match US wrestling has to offer, because the people drawn in by it don't care.

It was worth the risk for Austin. He had to return the favor to the Rock and give him that rub to him. It was a matter of honor for Austin.

Look at how safe that WMXIX match was and that was before Austin took the surgey and repairments. It would be even safer this time.

Injuries are a part of LIFE. Austin could easily fall off his ATV during a hunting trip.

It's a ego thing and a pride thing for Austin and Hogan; both easily at risk for further injury to go along and do what would easily be the biggest match since WM3 to the mainstream...even if it's 7 years late.

Nobody cares if Hogan is or isn't in his prime. That isn't the issue at all here.

Hogan is a mythical character, a never dying character that is truly immortal in the eyes of the fans. No one believes in his "powers" but it's the nostalgia that comes with Hogan that brings people in, in short spurts.

It's the biggest possible draw WWE can put on the table. That's not even debatable. It's a historic match that has been demanded by the masses for years.  They tried to set it up in 2002, Where it likely would have been more effective then it would be in 2006.

And what did that rub do for Rocky? Where did it take him?

Exactly, and whats stopping Austin getting injured in that match?

Youve said it, its 7 years late, which translates into: I dont want to see something which is 7 years late.

Nostalgia at what price though, not making a new star? WM added to Cena and Batista, why take that away from them.

You and HTQ are looking at the $$$ signs, Im looking at the product I will see in the ring. Id like to see Bret-Angle or Bret-Benoit or Bret-Eddie or Bret-Jericho, but I know it wont be any good. The match wont do well, is that how you want to be remembered?

Im not denying its drawing power. It is their biggest draw and that is really, really sad. But its a case of too little, too late.

" was waiting for the pop. No, of course not, but its sad that the WWE has to push an older guy with a broken back so much to get buys. They should be in a better position that this.

Welcome to the board slmon. "

Thanks.  Wasn't trying to be snarky; just was discouraged seeing what I initially thought was one of those automatic, anti-HBK posts that one often finds on smark boards.

I dont like HBK but he is doing a good job. Its a shame that people like Cena and Jericho are suffering because of this.

Guest *KNK*

It's the biggest possible draw WWE can put on the table. That's not even debatable. It's a historic match that has been demanded by the masses for years.  They tried to set it up in 2002, Where it likely would have been more effective then it would be in 2006.

Youve said it, its 7 years late, which translates into: I dont want to see something which is 7 years late.

Nostalgia at what price though, not making a new star? WM added to Cena and Batista, why take that away from them.

You and HTQ are looking at the $$$ signs, Im looking at the product I will see in the ring. Id like to see Bret-Angle or Bret-Benoit or Bret-Eddie or Bret-Jericho, but I know it wont be any good. The match wont do well, is that how you want to be remembered?

Im not denying its drawing power. It is their biggest draw and that is really, really sad. But its a case of too little, too late.

What did it do for the Rock? Erased the stigma that Rock wasn't good enough to hang with Austin. Something that Austin didnt want the rock to live with. It wasn't a professional rub, it was a personal rub.

What's stopping ANYONE from getting injured? Every wrestler is liable for injury by walking into that ring. Austin and Hogan know the risk and for them, the reward and statisfaction of that moment for them would outweigh the potential damage they may endure which is VERY low considering it would be the safest worked match since...ever.

There's a difference in doing Bret/anyone you named and Hogan/Austin.

Bret was remembered for technically brillant wrestling. Austin and Hogan are larger then life characters that dont need to work with that parameter.

The casual fans, the ones they are using to draw in, they already got the "real" fans, such as us to buy the show or should do so. Hogan/Austin brings in that extra crowd they werent going to get with Brock/Batista and HHH/Cena.

Did you see Hogan do the legdrop to Carlito? It was the safest and lightest legdrop he ever did. If Hogan hits the legdrop on Austin, he isn't going to to damage Austin one bit, because it will have all the force of a baby's fart. You're not Austin, and I'm betting that his neck, and overall body is more muscled than yours, which helps with absorbing and taking impact. Austin obviously felt it was worth the risk to compete at WM XIX. And that match isn't going more than 10 minutes, if that, so the risk, such as it is, is minimal.

In 1998 it would. If a fan doesnt know that Austin is at breaking point and a viewer cant realise that Hogan is an over the top OAP has-been then there is something wrong with that person. Anybody who watches Hogan and believes hes still got it and can go needs help. You could pay me a million dollars and I still wouldnt say that Hogan is in his prime

I'd wager that not one casual fan cares that both men are broken down, and can't pull out a good match. They might know, and probably do, but they will overlook that. Has Hogan still got it and can go? Not as a regular performer, but as a nostalgia act, he can still go and what is needed, simply because being a nostalgia act is different to being a regular player. Of course Hogan is not in his prime, but that has absolutely nothing to do with his drawing power as part of the biggest dream match US wrestling has to offer, because the people drawn in by it don't care.

And unless they go all out for it in those 10 minutes (which they cant), the match will be a flop (which it will). There will be no story to it either, which takes the shine off any wrestling match. Austin should go after Hogan's leg and Hogan should go after Austin's neck for it to be perfect, but they wont, as weve clearly pointed out.

What would you rather see, Batista and Lesnar lock horns to prove who is the better monster or to see who could have been the wrestler 8 years ago? Why do you watch wrestling? I watch wrestling to see good wrestling matches. He doesnt have it as a nostalgia act. HBK, when he come back as a 1 gig only thing went at it and showed that he still had it. Hogans done nothing like that. Its a dream, leave it so I say. Id rather see, Batista-Lesnar, Lesnar-Benoit, Benoit-Eddie, Benjamin-Angle, hell, even Michaels-Angle in the ME at the grandest stage of them all, then 2 beat out, beat up shells of their former selves. Make somebody like Benjamin a start, elevate him please.

And unless they go all out for it in those 10 minutes (which they cant), the match will be a flop (which it will).  There will be no story to it either, which takes the shine off any wrestling match. Austin should go after Hogan's leg and Hogan should go after Austin's neck for it to be perfect, but they wont, as weve clearly pointed out.

What would you rather see, Batista and Lesnar lock horns to prove who is the better monster or to see who could have been the wrestler 8 years ago? Why do you watch wrestling? I watch wrestling to see good wrestling matches. He doesnt have it as a nostalgia act. HBK, when he come back as a 1 gig only thing went at it and showed that he still had it. Hogans done nothing like that. Its a dream, leave it so I say. Id rather see, Batista-Lesnar, Lesnar-Benoit, Benoit-Eddie, Benjamin-Angle, hell, even Michaels-Angle in the ME at the grandest stage of them all, then 2 beat out, beat up shells of their former selves. Make somebody like Benjamin a start, elevate him please.

You need to get a clue. Nobody watching Austin v Hogan is going to expect them to go all out. They don't want that out of an Austin v Hogan match. They want to see the two of the very biggest names of wrestling perform, not wrestle, and that is the difference between any of the other matches you brought up, and you don't seem able to grasp that. People wanting to see Austin v Hogan are watching for the performance, not the wrestling content. They will deliver that in spades, and they won't disappoint because of that.

I'd rather see both Lesnar v Batista as a monster v monster match, and see Austin v Hogan as a nostalgia match. I'm not going to watch Austin v Hogan and expect a hot wrestling match, because I am not going to get that. I'm going to watch it for the performance and the nostalgia, and so I won't care that it will be an average wrestling match at best, because I am not watching it for the wrestling, and neither will anyone else paying to see it.

Guest *KNK*

How do you know it will flop?

The two most charismatic and legendary names in the history of the business with a hot crowd that you can bank on (it's Chicago, historic hot crowd).

The heat alone will carry the match. No story? It's only august. WM isn't until months away. No match for WMXXII has a story. Thats the job of the writers, CREATE A STORY.

There was no story for Hogan/HBK...until they made a story.

We are GOING to get Batista/Brock. Hogan/Austin is just an added bonus to attract the casual mainstream crowd.

I watch wrestling for wrestling and I get my wrestling fix from ROH and Puro. Why do I watch WWE? Spectacle and the hope of something meaningful.

That's what WM is, spectacle. You bring everything you can to draw every niche you can to your show.

You offer quality work-rate, historic showdowns and spectacle and you deliver, hopefully. WM is the basis of the company. Hogan/Austin, the added draw they create for WM is something that would only improve the image of the young stars such as Brock/Batista.

And unless they go all out for it in those 10 minutes (which they cant), the match will be a flop (which it will). There will be no story to it either, which takes the shine off any wrestling match. Austin should go after Hogan's leg and Hogan should go after Austin's neck for it to be perfect, but they wont, as weve clearly pointed out.

It won't matter to the casual fan if they go all out or not. They would cream themselves over this match just as they did and still do for Rock/Hogan. You would see the same booking tricks as you did there. The casual fan still dreams about this, and unfortunately those same casual fans could care less about the product in the ring with regards to that match.

What did it do for the Rock? Erased the stigma that Rock wasn't good enough to hang with Austin. Something that Austin didnt want the rock to live with. It wasn't a professional rub, it was a personal rub.

What's stopping ANYONE from getting injured? Every wrestler is liable for injury by walking into that ring. Austin and Hogan know the risk and for them, the reward and statisfaction of that moment for them would outweigh the potential damage they may endure which is VERY low considering it would be the safest worked match since...ever.

There's a difference in doing Bret/anyone you named and Hogan/Austin.

Bret was remembered for technically brillant wrestling. Austin and Hogan are larger then life characters that dont need to work with that parameter.

The casual fans, the ones they are using to draw in, they already got the "real" fans, such as us to buy the show or should do so. Hogan/Austin brings in that extra crowd they werent going to get with Brock/Batista and HHH/Cena.

In life, you get something and you use it to take you somewhere higher. You go to unversity to get a degree to help you in your career. You buy a car to drive it. I know that The Rock is just as good as Austin, we all know that. People critised it for being Rock-Austin III. For me, that adding nothing to The Rock's character when he appears in a WWE ring (WHEN he does) and if you believe otherwise, were not on the same wavelength and its pointless continuing this arguement.

I dont want to see the safest worked match ever, I want to see the 2 greatest wrestlers of all time does beat the living hell out of each other to see who is the better man once and for all. Im not going to that, so it holds little enterainment value for me. Your selling yourself out for that extra 1-off crowd (and when I say you, I dont mean you KNK).

You need to get a clue. Nobody watching Austin v Hogan is going to expect them to go all out. They don't want that out of an Austin v Hogan match. They want to see the two of the very biggest names of wrestling perform, not wrestle, and that is the difference between any of the other matches you brought up, and you don't seem able to grasp that. People wanting to see Austin v Hogan are watching for the performance, not the wrestling content. They will deliver that in spades, and they won't disappoint because of that.

I'd rather see both Lesnar v Batista as a monster v monster match, and see Austin v Hogan as a nostalgia match. I'm not going to watch Austin v Hogan and expect a hot wrestling match, because I am not going to get that. I'm going to watch it for the performance and the nostalgia, and so I won't care that it will be an average wrestling match at best, because I am not watching it for the wrestling, and neither will anyone else paying to see it.

Please HTQ, stop talking down to me like Im some 4 year old child. Other people dont do it and we still talk. Just because I disagree with you doesnt make me a moron.

Excuse me for watching wrestling to see wrestling. I pay to watch wrestling.

Which would you book last though?

How do you know it will flop?

The two most charismatic and legendary names in the history of the business with a hot crowd that you can bank on (it's Chicago, historic hot crowd).

The heat alone will carry the match. No story? It's only august. WM isn't until months away. No match for WMXXII has a story. Thats the job of the writers, CREATE A STORY.

There was no story for Hogan/HBK...until they made a story.

We are GOING to get Batista/Brock. Hogan/Austin is just an added bonus to attract the casual mainstream crowd.

I watch wrestling for wrestling and I get my wrestling fix from ROH and Puro. Why do I watch WWE? Spectacle and the hope of something meaningful.

That's what WM is, spectacle. You bring everything you can to draw every niche you can to your show.

You offer quality work-rate, historic showdowns and spectacle and you deliver, hopefully.  WM is the basis of the company. Hogan/Austin, the added draw they create for WM is something that would only improve the image of the young stars such as Brock/Batista.

Cause they cant work a match like they used to. Im not disputing that the crowd will be hot for it. Im referring to story in the ring, not sports entertainment glitter and sparkle (and then level of writing and creation in the WWE is very poor at the moment). The same question as to HTQ, which match do you book last? I watch all wrestling for wrestling, since where I live, I dont get much and its a take or leave situation (its pretty much just the WWE).

It won't matter to the casual fan if they go all out or not.  They would cream themselves over this match just as they did and still do for Rock/Hogan.  You would see the same booking tricks as you did there.  The casual fan still dreams about this, and unfortunately those same casual fans could care less about the product in the ring with regards to that match.

It will to me and it will to us. Casual fans, as people like to post, are not wrestling fans. Unfortunate is the operative word for this situation in my eyes.

Im not going to apologise to anybody for being a wrestling fan. I watch wrestling to see wrestling. That concept is lost in the WWE but I still watch it for that. Everything that is not in-ring related is extra and should only add to what happens in the ring. Excuse me for being a wrestling fan and not an extravagenza circus top lover. I am purist and a tradionalist, and for that I have nothing to apologise, nor anything to be embarrased of. As far as I see it this arguement and me being involved in it is closed since theres no point in beating an old drum from where I stand.

Excuse me for having an opinion and being passionate about wrestling and not fucking sports-entertainment.

Please HTQ, stop talking down to me like Im some 4 year old child. Other people dont do it and we still talk. Just because I disagree with you doesnt make me a moron.

Get a clue, and I'll be glad to stop talking to down to you. Anybody watching Austin v Hogan and wanting to see them beat the hell out of each other is either a moron or clueless. Right now, that is neither man's strength, and is not want the majority of people want to see, or expect to see, out of a match between the two. If people are paying to see Austin v Hogan, they are not paying for a **** match, or 20 minutes of both men beating the shit out of each other, though if they are, they deserve to feel ripped off. They are paying to see two iconic figures perform for the very first time, and I highly doubt that any of them are going to be disappointed if they don't get a **** war. They are going to expect a great story, a great performance, and a ton of emotion. Anyone expecting or wanting anything else just does not get it.

So do I, but I'm not going to watch a Austin v Hogan match for the wrestling, nor would I expect to see great wrestling out of it. Why should anyone with a brain in their head expect that out of a match between the two?

Excuse me for being a wrestling fan and not an extravagenza circus top lover. I am purist and a tradionalist, and for that I have nothing to apologise, nor anything to be embarrased of. As far as I see it this arguement and me being involved in it is closed since theres no point in beating an old drum from where I stand.

Someone dial 911, we need a wahmbulance.

Excuse me for having an opinion and being passionate about wrestling and not fucking sports-entertainment.

Be passionate about wrestling all you want. I am. I just know enough, as do many others, not to go into a Austin v Hogan match expecting or wanting a great wrestling match. Shame we can't say the same about you.

Hogan and Austin could get away with doing 5 wrestling moves a piece for 15 minutes and the rest could be punching and posing and the crowd would splooge all over it. Both guys were limited wrestlers during their respective peaks and the crowd still loved it.

*After 6 minutes of entrances*

*first 3 minutes*

(Atmosphere Minutes)

- Hogan standing there looking at Austin

- Austin standing there looking at Hogan

- Hogan looking at the crowd

- Austin looking at the crowd

- Hogan posing

- Austin posing

*next 3 minutes*

(Establishing Story Minutes)

- Austin gives Hogan the finger

- Hogan goes to punch Austin

- Austin blocks and punches Hogan

- Hogan blocks and punches Austin

- Block/Punch/Block/Punch - Stalemate

- Hogan looks at Austin

- Austin looks at Hogan

- Both look at the crowd

*next 3 minutes*

(The wrestling portion - Hogan)

- Collar and Elbow tie up - Hogan overpowers Austin

- Another Collar and Elbow - Hogan overpowers Austin

- One more CandE - Austin cheapshots Hogan and grabs a headlock.

- Hogan throws Austin off the ropes and shoulder blocks him down

- Hogan on offense - back rake, clubs, bodyslams, etc.

- Hogan works on Austin in the corner, Austin reverses and takes controle.

*next 3 minutes*

(Wrestling portion - Austin)

- Austin works kicks and punches, maybe a backdrop.

- They go outside, Austin following Hogan. Ringpost spot. Hogan starts to bleed.

- Brawl in crowd for a minute, Austin ends up bleeding

*last 3 minutes*

- Austin hooks on Million Dollar dream, Hogan backdrops out of it.

- Double KO spot

- Both men get up at the same time and exchange punches

- Hogan gets the upper hand, Austin gets a quick stunner

- 1...2...kickout

- Hogan hulks up

- Hogan throws Austin against the ropes... big boot, leg drop.

- 1...2...kickout

- Hogan tries again, Austin against the ropes...

- Big boot caught by Austin, Austin gives Hogan the middle finger and Stunners him for the 1,2,3.

*4 minutes of post match posing*

- In total, 25 minutes dedicated to the match.

So do I, but I'm not going to watch a Austin v Hogan match for the wrestling, nor would I expect to see great wrestling out of it. Why should anyone with a brain in their head expect that out of a match between the two?

Be passionate about wrestling all you want. I am. I just know enough, as do many others, not to go into a Austin v Hogan match expecting or wanting a great wrestling match. Shame we can't say the same about you.

Thats why Im saying that I dont want to see it. Cause it should have been great so many years ago and it isnt the note that I would want to go out on.

Guest *KNK*
Hogan and Austin could get away with doing 5 wrestling moves a piece for 15 minutes and the rest could be punching and posing and the crowd would splooge all over it.  Both guys were limited wrestlers during their respective peaks and the crowd still loved it.

*After 6 minutes of entrances*

*first 3 minutes*

(Atmosphere Minutes)

- Hogan standing there looking at Austin

- Austin standing there looking at Hogan

- Hogan looking at the crowd

- Austin looking at the crowd

- Hogan posing

- Austin posing

*next 3 minutes*

(Establishing Story Minutes)

- Austin gives Hogan the finger

- Hogan goes to punch Austin

- Austin blocks and punches Hogan

- Hogan blocks and punches Austin

- Block/Punch/Block/Punch - Stalemate

- Hogan looks at Austin

- Austin looks at Hogan

- Both look at the crowd

*next 3 minutes*

(The wrestling portion - Hogan)

- Collar and Elbow tie up - Hogan overpowers Austin

- Another Collar and Elbow - Hogan overpowers Austin

- One more CandE - Austin cheapshots Hogan and grabs a headlock.

- Hogan throws Austin off the ropes and shoulder blocks him down

- Hogan on offense - back rake, clubs, bodyslams, etc.

- Hogan works on Austin in the corner, Austin reverses and takes controle.

*next 3 minutes*

(Wrestling portion - Austin)

- Austin works kicks and punches, maybe a backdrop

- They go outside, Austin following Hogan.  Ringpost spot.  Hogan starts to bleed.

- Brawl in crowd for a minute, Austin ends up bleeding

*last 3 minutes*

- Austin hooks on Million Dollar dream, Hogan backdrops out of it.

- Double KO spot

- Both men get up at the same time and exchange punches

- Hogan gets the upper hand, Austin gets a quick stunner

- 1...2...kickout

- Hogan hulks up

- Hogan throws Austin against the ropes... big boot, leg drop.

- 1...2...kickout

- Hogan tries again, Austin against the ropes...

- Big boot caught by Austin, Austin gives Hogan the middle finger and Stunners him for the 1,2,3.

*4 minutes of post match posing*

- In total, 25 minutes dedicated to the match.

Isn't that risky for Austin to take backdrops? The rest? that was pefectly booked and the crowd and fans would eat that shit up with a spoon.

Making tons of money and giving people what they wanted to see isn't the note you want to go out on?

Id prefer to go out at the top of my game, performing to the best of my ability, giving the fans a wrestling match of a lifetime.

Making tons of money and giving people what they wanted to see isn't the note you want to go out on?

Id prefer to go out at the top of my game, performing to the best of my ability, giving the fans a wrestling match of a lifetime.

Nice idea in theory, but in the real world, you don't always get to go out like that. You just have to 'settle' on making a ton of money and giving the people what they want.

No offense zyn, but Hogan/Austin > Eddy/HBK in terms of drawing power. As much of a technical fan I am (and btw, Bret/Benoit has happened a few times already so if you want to see those matches, watch the Benoit DVD or Mayhem 1999), I can understand why they would want to go with Hogan/Austin. The WWE as they have shown many times in the past, isn't overly concerned with putting on good matches. What they are concerned with, and in this financial situation they are in currently, is to make as much money as possible. Sting/Rock, Sting/Taker, and Austin/Goldberg fits in that category. But as HTQ said, the HOLY GRAIL is Hogan/Austin. This is probably their last chance of doing the match and I think they should capitalize. They will also put on some decent wrestling matches on the show to offset whatever discrepancies Hogan/Austin has.

Guest *KNK*

Are you a wrestler? No.

Wrestling, while a passion for alot of the wrestlers is still about making money and paying the bills.

Wrestlers (excluding some) would love their last match to be the most historic and legendary match (not to mention profitable) in the industry's history at the biggest event the business of wrestling can offer and to the largest crowd imaginable.

In fact...

NO wrestler has ever been able to say that.

Austin can and will.