Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels?

Legend Vs. Icon  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Legend Vs. Icon

• Hulk Hogan
    • Shawn Michaels

I like the way that people here complain about content and squash divergent opinions. From now on, just complain about content not being the same as your own thoughts. Just because I dont think the same way you do, dont want to see the same things as you do or have different tastes, doesnt make me an idiot, moron, clueless or whatever you want to call me. If you cant take criticism or somebody disagreeing with you, you might as well as either leave the board, close it down or ban those who say things counter to what you say. I didnt say that they shouldnt do it, I said Im not interested in seeing it. I didnt say that Im the voice of the majority either.

I see nobody called the wahmbulance you need.

I'll complain about anything I like, which in this case are the the ramblings of someone who doesn't really understand the subject they are talking about. I don't care if people think the same way I do, if it's apparent that they know what they are talking about; RRR, in his fantasy booking of the Hogan v Austin match laid it out in a way I would not have, but I didn't care, because, and this is the part you should pay attention to, he knows what he is talking about. Different tastes don't make you an idiot, a moron, or clueless. Wanting or expecting an Austin v Hogan match to involve both men beating each other silly or going 'all out' makes you either an idiot, a moron, or clueless, because it's unreasonable and unrealistic to expect that out of a match between the two. I can take criticism or people disagreeing with me; if I didn't, I would have left the board a long time ago, or would have banned dozens of people, and that hasn't happened.

Money isnt everything.

If you're in wrestling, or any kind of business, for reasons other than money, you're an idiot. Anyone willing to pass up on a match that will not only draw huge business, but could also set records, is an idiot.

What has got my back up is that we willll accept a below par match from Hogan/Austin but then critisise the rest of the roster for doing the same thing. That means at WM23 well get Rock/Sting, at WM28 well get Sting/UT if were really good sports entertainment fans, and possibly, 10 years down the line, if were lucky enough, well get Austin/Goldberg just to get those extra few WM buys

Who in their right mind would have any great expectations, ring wise, from an Austin v Hogan match? Austin v Hogan is going to be a match totally based on storyline, personality, performance and charisma. Anyone expecting anything else is an idiot. If you expect even a good wrestling match out of Austin v Hogan, you are an idiot. I'm a big fan of wrestling, and I hate the sports entertainment-heavy aspect of WWE, but if I sit down to watch an Austin v Hogan match, I'm not going to expect a wrestling match and I won't be disappointed when that doesn't happen. And Austin v Goldberg will get more than 'a few extra buys'. It won't get as many as Austin v Hogan, but it'll get fair few buys.

Im getting sick and tired of the WWE having to bring back Hogan, Austin, Rock, Foley, etc... just to prop the WM card up, and then pisses over what its got in its hand throughtout the year. Bringing such name talent back is a poor way to hide your weakenesses

It's called maximizing the drawing potential of a PPV which happens to be your biggest of the year. I know you don't appear to have any interest in making as much money as you can, but Vince does, hence bringing back major names of the past few years to get as many buys as possible. Whether WWE 'pisses over' the rest of its hand, doesn't take away from the fact that they're maximizing the drawing potential of their biggest PPV of the year, and that's good business.

Hogan isnt working full-time. Im totally against bringing in talent for a few shot deals and putting them over your regular boys.

Normally, I would agree with that. However, in this case we are not only dealing with a regular name who can afford to lose, but we're also apparently beginning the long build towards the Holy Grail of Austin v Hogan, so Hogan should win to build him up.

Didnt Brock squash Hogan before his last run in the WWE? Did that effect the way fans saw him? People werent saying Brock squashed Hogan when they were chanting One Last Match if I heard correctly.

It was 31 months from Brock squashing Hogan until Hogan's return and his One Last Match. It's 7 months from now until the proposed Austin v Hogan match. I don't have a calendar at hand, but I think 7 months is a little shorter than 31 months. They also weren't beginning a build towards the Holy Grail of wrestling matches, so I have a feeling, just a feeling, that they wouldn't have had Brock squash Hogan in such a manner.

Which match will you book last on the WM card?

Austin v Hogan. I would want a World title match to go on last, but nothing could follow Austin v Hogan, so that would get the main event position, because that would be the main event to the majority of people watching.

Wait just a goddamn motherfucking second.

RRR, in his fantasy booking of the Hogan v Austin match laid it out in a way I would not have

You can go straight to hell, buddy. No one disagrees with me. *pulls knife out from back and hands it to HTQ* Here ya go. Don't worry about me, I'll take the wahmbulance with Zyn to the hospital.

Guest *KNK*

I'd love to see how he would book Hogan/Austin.

RRR nailed it on the head for how it should and will go down.

Austin and Hogan has the potential to be a good wrestling match as well. Neither of the two can execute moves very well, but there is more to a match than that.

Of course, I'm probably the only person here who would give Rock/Hogan ***, and Austin is a billion times a better wrestler than Rock, but that's just one man's opinion.

Wanting or expecting an Austin v Hogan match to involve both men beating each other silly or going 'all out' makes you either an idiot, a moron, or clueless, because it's unreasonable and unrealistic to expect that out of a match between the two.

If you're in wrestling, or any kind of business, for reasons other than money, you're an idiot. Anyone willing to pass up on a match that will not only draw huge business, but could  also set records, is an idiot.

I know you don't appear to have any interest in making as much money as you can, but Vince does, hence bringing back major names of the past few years to get as many buys as possible. Whether WWE 'pisses over' the rest of its hand, doesn't take away from the fact that they're maximizing the drawing potential of their biggest PPV of the year, and that's good business.

It was 31 months from Brock squashing Hogan until Hogan's return and his One Last Match. It's 7 months from now until the proposed Austin v Hogan match. I don't have a calendar at hand, but I think 7 months is a little shorter than 31 months. They also weren't beginning a build towards the Holy Grail of wrestling matches, so I have a feeling, just a feeling, that they wouldn't have had Brock squash Hogan in such a manner.

Austin v Hogan. I would want a World title match to go on last, but nothing could follow Austin v Hogan, so that would get the main event position, because that would be the main event to the majority of people watching.

/me shakes my head

You still dont get it. I dont want to see the match. PERIOD. Cause I wanted to see it 8 years when they could go all out against each other.

I happen to work in the financial sector. Money isnt everything. Integrity and how comfortable you are with who you are is.

Vince hasnt always done the right thing from a business standpoint, despite him saying that he makes good business decisions.

Didnt Hogan come back though between 31 months ago and his One Last Match though? IIRC he was at NWO 2003 and WMXIX.

And the last thing you see at WMXXII is Hogan and Austin and then turn in the next day and see what? Crap, rubbish, a poor execuse of a wrestling show maybe?

And the last thing you see at WMXXII is Hogan and Austin and then turn in the next day and see what? Crap, rubbish, a poor execuse of a wrestling show maybe?

They would see that regardless of who main events.

They would see that regardless of who main events.

Doesnt that make your roster talent look poor?

Doesn't change the fact it's true.

Its just an attempt of a quick fix. You have nothing which people will care about apart from Hogan/Austin. Few of the casuals will stay, and even fewer will stay long. Instead of thinking about Hogan/Austin, they need to fix the permanent problems that they have. Make Cena look more credible by having him beat a HBK fresh off of a Hogan win.

Doesn't change the fact it's true.

Its just an attempt of a quick fix. You have nothing which people will care about apart from Hogan/Austin. Few of the casuals will stay, and even fewer will stay long. Instead of thinking about Hogan/Austin, they need to fix the permanent problems that they have. Make Cena look more credible by having him beat a HBK fresh off of a Hogan win.

Thing is, Cena has plenty of time to "look" credible. They can only do Hogan/Austin once.

Austin refused to do the match at Mania 18, so it was switched to the Rock. Vince was a mark for himself so he wanted to do the match with Hogan at 19. Austin was nowhere in shape and Hogan's hips had just been surgically repaired at 21. Mania 22 is the best...and last...time they can do it.

I happen to work in the financial sector. Money isnt everything. Integrity and how comfortable you are with who you are is

You say you work in the financial sector and say money isn't everything? I'm guessing you either don't actually work with money, or don't make much money yourself. The point of a business is to make the most money you can. Doing anything else is stupid, because you're taking money out of your own pocket. Integrity and being comfortable with yourself is everything? Tell me, how much money do businesses lose out on on your world?

Didnt Hogan come back though between 31 months ago and his One Last Match though? IIRC he was at NWO 2003 and WMXIX.

Yes, but Hogan v Rock had already been done once, so the lustre wasn't quite there and neither that match nor Hogan v Vince are the Holy Grail of wrestling.

And your point is? Yes, it would be nice for the fans who got attracted back to WWE by Austin v Hogan to tune in the next day and see a quality product, but just because they won't, that is no reason not to do Austin v Hogan.

Shawn has become Smark Promo God again, reminds me of his "no, that offends me as a wrestling fan" promo that got everyone excited.

If Shawn truly goes back to the "old" character again, then I'll mark for him. On the other hand, if it's half-assed and he's still doing Jesus poses and he goes back to being a good guy the very next night after seeing who's the better man, then I won't.

Austin refused to do the match at Mania 18, so it was switched to the Rock.

Vince was a mark for himself so he wanted to do the match with Hogan at 19.

Austin was nowhere in shape and Hogan's hips had just been surgically repaired at 21.

But I thought money was everything.

You say you work in the financial sector and say money isn't everything? I'm guessing you either don't actually work with money, or don't make much money yourself. The point of a business is to make the most money you can. Doing anything else is stupid, because you're taking money out of your own pocket. Integrity and being comfortable with yourself is everything? Tell me, how much money do businesses lose out on on your world?

Yes, but Hogan v Rock had already been done once, so the lustre wasn't quite there and neither that match nor Hogan v Vince are the Holy Grail of wrestling.

And your point is? Yes, it would be nice for the fans who got attracted back to WWE by Austin v Hogan to tune in the next day and see a quality product, but just because they won't, that is no reason not to do Austin v Hogan.

I have also happened to study finance and money. And this is not an arguement that you want to take on HTQ. The point of business is not to make the most money you can. That hypothesis has been disproven several times. The objective of any business is maximisation of owner's wealth. Life isnt just about money HTQ. If you think it is, then you live an empty life. Money ruins peoples lives, it doesnt make them. Businessess lose money because they are either overcapitalised or undercapitalised, because they cannabilise future sales, because they dont have a sound strategy, because they dont have a product that they can back-up what they say. The world needs businessmen who arent sleezy and cutthroats. You cant take money with you. Have you happened to talk to people who have lost everything because of 1 businessman who went too far? Do you help people get back on their feet after they have overreached in the quest for money? I dont think so.

See my reply to Porter.

Perhaps instead of creaming yourself over Hogan/Austin and saying boys are jobs are done for WM (as we know they will do), actually build-up the product to the level we want to see it at?

I never said life is just about money; I think the opposite to that, actually. I said business is about making the most money you can. If you're in business, or in wrestling, for any other reason, you're an idiot.

I never said I was creaming over it. I'm saying it's their best chance of making money. Austin refused at 18 because he didn't trust Hogan and he still had bad blood with him over WCW. Around February of 2003 they finally cleared the air. This is when the match COULD have happened, but by then they were already geared towards Vince/Hogan.

I never said life is just about money; I think the opposite to that, actually. I said business is about making the most money you can. If you're in business, or in wrestling, for any other reason, you're an idiot.

Businessmen have a tendancy to overreach, look for quick fixes and cannabilise their portfolios. When companies are facing bankruptancy or insolvency (the applicable term depending on which country you live in and their commercial legislation) or are put in adminstration or recovery, the biggest mistake businesses have commited is selling too much. In fact, using the term make money isnt quite correct, since it could be used to refer to revenue, profit or cash. Nowadays, its all about cutting costs, not making sales.

Ive never said that Hogan/Austin wouldnt make money.

Out of curiousity, how much would the WWE be looking at for paying Hogan and Austin to be on the card in the ME, and the SD ME (lets say Batista/Lesnar) being compensated for being pushed down the card a slot?

Im just saying this, RAW will get the ME again at WM if Hogan/Austin goes through.

I never said I was creaming over it. I'm saying it's their best chance of making money. Austin refused at 18 because he didn't trust Hogan and he still had bad blood with him over WCW. Around February of 2003 they finally cleared the air. This is when the match COULD have happened, but by then they were already geared towards Vince/Hogan.

I didnt say you were. And again I dont dispute that it is their best chance of making money. All I have been saying all along is that Im not interested in seeing it 2006 and based on track-record, the WWE will just say ahhh the fans are getting Hogan/Austin, they will buy WMXXII regardless of the other stuff thats on the card, and they wont put that much of an effort in building up the rest of the card, and the RAWs and SDs in the buildup.

Guest Ransome
Businessmen have a tendancy to overreach, look for quick fixes and cannabilise their portfolios. When companies are facing bankruptancy or insolvency (the applicable term depending on which country you live in and their commercial legislation) or are put in adminstration or recovery, the biggest mistake businesses have commited is selling too much. In fact, using the term make money isnt quite correct, since it could be used to refer to revenue, profit or cash. Nowadays, its all about cutting costs, not making sales.

Spoken like a true first year accounting student.

Nothing you've said has convinced me that booking Hogan/Austin at WM is a bad idea.

Nothing you've said has convinced me that booking Hogan/Austin at WM is a bad idea.

I have never said its a bad idea or that it wont draw or that it wont make money though. All I have said is that Im not interested in seeing it and that I think HBK should win at SS, since I dont feel that it will take anything away from Hogan/Austin. As HTQ, KNK, Porter et al have pointed out, people will buy WM just to see Hogan/Austin regardless of what happens.