TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

This Week in Baseball

Well, the kid pulled it out. My addiction to MVP Baseball caused me to stop watching the game after the top half of the seventh. Good for the Mariners to put something on the board for the kid. And wow, what the fuck happened to the Twins?

Eww, Harden has his third bad start in his last four games. I hope the kid is not gassing out. A's lose the series opener big time 9-2 to the Angels. At least the Yankees lost so the A's maintain the wild card lead.

Guest StylesMark

Yanks lose gain today in another pitching duel.

Good god. So much for making the ChiSox our bitches. Proctor starts tomorrow.

I haven't felt this way in a long time. I'd have to say now, it'll take a good amount of blunders for the Yanks to take the Division.

The White Sox pitching is amazing. We didn't even face their top 2 starters. It also helps that Aaron Rowand is like Andruw Jones out there.

Guest Fishyswa

^That was an amazing catch. He's got like 3-4 of the 10 best catches this season.

This was the hardest series to watch all year. It was literaly an inch here and an inch there, and it's a sweep.

Guest Smues

Andruw Jones hits homeruns 36 and 37, giving him a new career high for homeruns in a season.

Guest *KNK*

I just loved how even though it was only 3 innnings of play, ESPN started mentioning perfect games since Rogers was throwing one and literally the second they mentioned the word

"Perfect Game", came the horrible call from the umpire ruling that the obvious home run was only a double

and then the Sox proceeded to smack him around.

Welcome back Kenny.

YES!

Mike Lowell and Todd Jones just used the hidden ball trick to get a runner on 3rd base in the bottom of the 8th in a 1 run game.

Just amazing.

I'll probably never see that again.

Some Phillies news. Jim Thome will have elbow surgery and is done for the year. Looks like the Ryan Howard issue worked itself out for now. Also, Cole Hamels is out for the year with back problems. It was a banner year for Hamels as he threw more than twice as many innings this year as he did last year. To say Hamels' injuries are frustrating is an understatement.

Guest Smues

Phew. After Smoltz/Rietsma blow a 3 run lead in the 9th Marcus Giles comes through with a 2 out single in the bottom of the 12th to beat the Giants 5-4. If things stay as they are in Houstin we'll have a 6 game lead in the East, 6 1/2 if Philly loses. Huzzah.

I still stand by my argument about Abreu's pumped up stats from years past, and early this year before his recent July slump, meaning very little to the team's success. And I still contend that this team cannot win a title with a guy like Abreu.

However, I won't be a prick and not respond in a positive way when he does meaningful things, such as tonight.

Edit: As quick as they took a lead, they lost it. Sigh.

YES!

Mike Lowell and Todd Jones just used the hidden ball trick to get a runner on 3rd base in the bottom of the 8th in a 1 run game.

Just amazing.

I'll probably never see that again.

They play for Florida, right? Pardon the ignorance, but I gotta keep my eyes peeled for this on Sportscentre now, as you said, how often will i get the chance to see it?

So...it's the fourth inning of the Mets-Padres game, and David Wright has a single, a double, a home run, and six RBIs already.

Mets up 8-0.