TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Breakdancingbatista

Opponent For Matt Hardy?

RVD was a killer heel in 1996-97 era ECW..thing is he eventually got so over as a heel that he turned face. Or really didn't turn exactly, I can't think of a specific match or time where he turned. Come to think of it, RVD was always heelish in ECW almost till the very end, what with his constant putdowns of opponents and Fonzie's whistle.

Heel RVD? I'm not feeling that. There are enough heels as is, and not enough faces that are sticking around (aka not Hogan). After Cena, who's a face?

Maybe he'll (Matt) feud with Carlito. Or Chris Masters.

I feel a double switch coming on...the fans will turn on Matt because they will realize how much he really does suck in this fued (crybaby, little bitch boy, pussy) and Edge will finally get the pops he's been needing...

Guest JMA
I feel a double switch coming on...the fans will turn on Matt because they will realize how much he really does suck in this fued (crybaby, little bitch boy, pussy) and Edge will finally get the pops he's been needing...

I don't see it happening. At least not at SummerSlam. If it goes longer than that, then maybe it'll happen. I don't want Edge to turn anyways--he's far more interesting as a heel. Besides, his last face run bombed horribly (which wasn't his fault, but still).

don't get me wrong, I don't want to see that anymore than anybody else does, but you know how fickle fans can be...they'll begin to like Edge's badass chick stealing playa hating persona as opposed to Matt's whiney bullshit...

Guest JMA
don't get me wrong, I don't want to see that anymore than anybody else does, but you know how fickle fans can be...they'll begin to like Edge's badass chick stealing playa hating persona as opposed to Matt's whiney bullshit...

You're totally right about fans being fickle. They're INCREDIBLY fickle. That's why, to keep Matt the face, he needs to really hurt Edge at SummerSlam. Edge will have no trouble maintaing his heat even after this. So it'll work well for both guys.

Guest Brian

I doubt Edge's character is strong enough to pull that on top of his association with Lita. That's a real uphill battle.

I think it depends on the crowd. The MSG, NY, Toronto, etc... could be interesting to listen to during this match but I dont think the DC crowd will be that strong vocally. Take the next RAW, you just know that all Hogan has to do is mention Bret and HBK will be shat on by the fans.

I think the way to get Edge even more over after this is for him to dump Lita... Saying she's worthless and he only really fucked her in order to hurt Matt.

I've been saying it for weeks: The main source of conflict in all this Edge/Kane and now Edge/Matt stuff has been the idea that Lita is SO incredible and awesome that Edge is willing to be attacked constantly just to be with her. Thing is, it's obvious to anyone that even storywise Edge is just fucking Lita for the hell of it. The rational thing to do is just dump her since she's not worth the hassle.

It'd be hilarious if Edge dumps Lita and then he, Matt, and Kane all go to the local watering hole and swap stories.

If Edge really wanted to marry Lita in this supposed shoot storyline he obviously wouldn't marry her on RAW when Kane would blatantly interupt. Therefore the angle is plausable, Lita wouldn't get sympathy heat either ^_^