TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest caboose

When will vince go?

Guest caboose

When will Vince decide it's time to go?

I know Steph does more writing than Shane, but it's obvious Shane is better equipped to run the whole company.

When he was more involved in the storylines in 2000, how enjoyable was the WWF? For me it was the best period of WWF television EVER.

Shane-O also seems to be willing to kill himself for the company.

I hope it doesn't end up with Steph as the creative McMahon and Shane as the Business McMahon, like the Vince/Linda partnership.

I say Vince should retire soon and let Shane run with the ball.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Adds:

Steph wasn't at Raw last night and Vince was away too (producing the Eddy/Austin segments)

So Shane was top dog for the most entertaining Raw in......

Guest TheMikeSC

The only concern is that EVERYBODY who knows them backstage says that Steph, flat out, knows the business better than Shane.

If that's the case, Shane in charge could be a monumental disaster.

-=Mike

...As a plus, though, Shane is MUCH better as a face than as a heel

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Vince Sr: From what I've heard, was respected in the business.

Vince Jr:  BOUGHT, not inherited, the company from his dad, pissed a lot of people off, has a huge ego, makes a lot of money.

Shane: Doesn't like to be onscreen much, does he have the money or the desire to buy the company from dad?

Guest caboose

Steph knows more about the business than Shane?

Damn.

How little must Shane actually know then?

Besides I don't think Shane should buy the company, Vince should pass it on.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

control of the company will be pulled from vince's cold dead hands and not a moment before.

Guest bcu1979
The only concern is that EVERYBODY who knows them backstage says that Steph, flat out, knows the business better than Shane.

If that's the case, Shane in charge could be a monumental disaster.

-=Mike

...As a plus, though, Shane is MUCH better as a face than as a heel

Are those the same people who claim Stephanie is a prodigy and say that Stephanie is to writing what Rock is to wrestling?

I don't know if Shane would be any better. He wanted to put the WCW title on Test to start the Invasion angle and he obviously fell in love with his on-screen character (see a pattern with McMahon's and wannabe McMahon's?) towards the end of the Invasion storyline.

But anything would be better than STEPHANIIIIIEEEEEE.

Guest caboose

This argument is very thin but...

At least when Shane pushes friends, he pushes several of them, while Steph makes sure Triple H is the only one pushed.

Guest Mark4steamboat

Shane is a great face and everyone basically loves Shane as a face. He puts on good matches as well. God i wish the Mean Street Posse was still around.

I also mark for MSP.

Well, doesn't Steph have a business degree? I think I heard that, so I'd imagine she'd take Linda's spot before Shane would.

To Shane's credit(in my opinion anyway) at least when his friends are pushed they're not pushed down are throats and are just on screen more than we'd like. The extent of Test's pushes has been an IC title reign that no one remembers and Steve Blackman's has been the supposed "greatest HC champ ever", and it seems every HC champ is the greatest ever when really I didn't care for any reigns other than RVD's, Raven's, and Rhino's. Anywho, I usually don't like to go into detail about backstage stuff since I really only go on what I hear and don't know for fact.

Guest Anglesault

At least when Shane pushes friends, he pushes several of them, while Steph makes sure Triple H is the only one pushed.

But all of the people Shane wants to push suck MORE THAN Triple H. (Test?) Test dethroned Albert as worst Post ATTITUDE ERA IC champ ever, had a horrible Euro reign where he beat Raven 78 times, dragged Booker even farther down than he was and consistantly has horrible matches. Big Show? UGH. Blackman? "The Best hardcore Champion EVER~!" Or something like that...

Guest caboose

Shane didn't push them to the World Title did he?

And when Blackman and Big Show tanked he gave up, admittedly they tanked sevaral times before he gave up.

I can't defend the Test push.

But at least Shane-O's boys don't bury people like it's going out of fashion.

Guest caboose

The WCW title meant as much to me and most fans as a cent to Bill Gates, Nothing.

Guest bcu1979
Shane didn't push them to the World Title did he?

And when Blackman and Big Show tanked he gave up, admittedly they tanked sevaral times before he gave up.

I can't defend the Test push.

But at least Shane-O's boys don't bury people like it's going out of fashion.

Forget Shane's boys. Shane himself has never done anything as repulsive and as destructive to the WWF product as Stephanie did when she emasculated the WWF champion and made him her personal servant so she could promote herself as the top heel in the main event of WrestleMania.

I can handle another Test push if it means Stephanie is nowhere near the writing or performing aspects of the WWF television shows. And Triple H potentially losing power would be another added benefit of Shane running the show.

Guest Anglesault
I can handle another Test push if it means Stephanie is nowhere near the writing or performing aspects of the WWF television shows. And Triple H potentially losing power would be another added benefit of Shane running the show.

Ooh. Damn, tough choice. I'd rather see HHH running rampant over the WWF than test as WWE champion (Shane's ultimate goal, obviously) Lesser of two evils. Honestly, if HHH can get himslef back into ring shape and/or turn heel, he has an upside that could almost cancel his political bullshit out. Test has NO upside. He would tank the company.

Guest Dangerous A

Until one of us has actually seen Steph or Shane doing business or been to a business meeting whether it be booking, business or whatever, this argument is moot and pointless. None of us has actually talked or hung out with the Mcmahon kids and last I checked none of us had any clairvoyant powers to read their minds and see what is going on in their heads. And yes, Vince will not let go of power until he is six feet under.

Guest Anglesault

Until one of us has actually seen Steph or Shane doing business or been to a business meeting whether it be booking, business or whatever, this argument is moot and pointless. None of us has actually talked or hung out with the Mcmahon kids and last I checked none of us had any clairvoyant powers to read their minds and see what is going on in their heads.

God, I HATE that argument.

And yes, Vince will not let go of power until he is six feet under.

How do you know? Are you clairvoyant? Can you read Vince's mind? Maybe he'll give up power tomorrow.

Guest Dangerous A

You may HATE my argument, but there it is in all it's valid splendor and glory. About Vince letting go, that is more of my opinionated statement. You, Anglesault, of all people can and should sympathize with someone who wants to express their opinions.

Guest alfdogg
Honestly, if HHH can get himslef back into ring shape and/or turn heel, he has an upside that could almost cancel his political bullshit out.

NOTHING could cancel that out.

I don't see why everyone kisses the ass of the 2000 HHH.  He just happened to always be put with opponents who could drag good matches out of him (Rock, Jericho, Benoit, Angle).  Same with Rock...he was feuding with Benoit & Angle from June until November.

Anyway, the main problem with Shane running the company is seeing Test & Big Show feuding for the World title.

None of us has actually talked or hung out with the Mcmahon kids and last I checked none of us had any clairvoyant powers to read their minds and see what is going on in their heads.

No offense, but that's moot and pointless, too, because even if one of us had done one of these things, we wouldn't say it on this board (at least I wouldn't) because everyone would tell us that we're full of shit.

Guest alfdogg
About Vince letting go, that is more of my opinionated statement.

Everything said in this thread is our opinionated statements, too.  You're making it sound like it's okay for you to express your opinion, but not for us.

You, Anglesault, of all people can and should sympathize with someone who wants to express their opinions.

Well put.  It was a nice comeback, AS, but one that I would not have said if I was you.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

But all of the people Shane wants to push suck MORE THAN Triple H. (Test?) Test dethroned Albert as worst Post ATTITUDE ERA IC champ ever, had a horrible Euro reign where he beat Raven 78 times, dragged Booker even farther down than he was and consistantly has horrible matches. Big Show? UGH. Blackman? "The Best hardcore Champion EVER~!" Or something like that...

Man, if you wanted to pin the worst post Attitude IC champion bit on someone, why not Regal who, a) Had a longer, heatless reign than Test and b) Never put on an AT LEAST 3 star match during his reign.

And seeing that he was hardly on TV throughout both of his Euro title reigns, I doubt he beat Raven 78 times, you're just being your usual obsessive self.

Also, seeing how badly Booker was being humiliated before he and Test even teamed up, I doubt it was a low point in his career.

As far as Big Show goes, I think that was more of Vince trying to cash in on that huge contract he signed him to more than anything Shane did. With Blackman, he just went out there and did his thing and never got past the Hardcore Title(which has ALWAYS been a useless belt), so why are you even bothering bringing THAT up?

Guest the 1inch punch

Shane happens to be loaded, and could buy the WWF before steph gets near it

Guest Anglesault
Man, if you wanted to pin the worst post Attitude IC champion bit on someone, why not Regal who, a) Had a longer, heatless reign than Test and b) Never put on an AT LEAST 3 star match during his reign.

Because they had to pull the plug on test much earlier and Regal at least had some mic skills to add a little entertainment to the feud. And Really, the Regal IC run was doing Okay-ish until No Way Out. And I don't recall Regal actually facing anyone but Edge during that reign, and YOU try to get a *** match out of him without being Angle or Storm.

Guest Human Fly

Isn't Shane's wife involved in some big company? He could get the bucks from her. I didn't mind Blackman as HC champ, but Test as Undisputed champ would suck hard.

Guest Brian

I thought Shane's wife was that Marissa lady on Livewire a few years back.

Doesn't Shane's wife work for the WWE? Marissa, I think her name is?

I think it's the Rock's wife who works for some Big Company, outside of Wrestling.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Because they had to pull the plug on test much earlier and Regal at least had some mic skills to add a little entertainment to the feud. And Really, the Regal IC run was doing Okay-ish until No Way Out. And I don't recall Regal actually facing anyone but Edge during that reign, and YOU try to get a *** match out of him without being Angle or Storm.

Oh please, the entire reason for Test winning the IC Title(something I didn't agree with in the first place) was so Edge could unify both it and the US Titles, so that's no excuse. And as far as Regal goes, he wasn't over when he won it and certainly wasn't over up to when he lost it to RVD. He hadn't had a single good match yet since his comeback, so I'm still scratching my head as to WHY he's seemingly holding a belt these days despite sucking so hard in the ring.