TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

Birchill called up? RAW worker w/ familiar role?

Taken from the Meltz' website...

8/08 WWE SmackDown House Show Results From Charleston, West Virginia!

WWE debut in Charleston at the Civic Center Coliseum!

- Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki defeated William Regal & Paul Birchall when Scotty Pinned Regal after the Worm. Birchall is a new comer in the WWE.

- Hardcore Holly defeated Slyvain Grenier after the Alabama Slam.

- Juventud defeated Simon Dean when hitting the Juvi Driver.

- Heidenreich Pinned Stevie Richards after the Swinging Sidewalk Slam. Lots of L.O.D Chants during the match!

- Psichosis & Super Crazy defeated MNM (w/Melina) when Psichosis nailed the Guiotine Leg Drop on Nitro and Pinned him.

- Intermission

- Nunzio (w/Big Vito) defeated Paul London to retain the Cruiserweight Title when Big Vito interfered and Nunzio hit the Kiss of Death.

- Orlando Jordan defeated Christian & Rey Mysterio in a Triple Threat Match to retain the U.S Title when Orlando Pinned Christian. Rey hit the 619 on Christian then afterwards Orlando threw Rey out of the ring and got the Pinfall on Christian.

- The Undertaker Pinned Eddie Guerrero in a "NO DQ Match" when Taker hit the Chokeslam & Tombstone Piledriver. Before the match Eddie got int he ring and said he didn't want to do this and the lights went out and Undertaker came out to a huge pop! Great to see Taker in the Main Event in Charleston!

It was great show for a WWE debut in Charleston! The Civic Center was about 50 % full and crowd reaction was pretty good. I had 2nd Row ringside which was awesome! The Taker/Eddie match was great and it was one of their 1st Encounters but it has been happening at the past 3 House Shows probably to set up a feud later on or because Orton isn't cleared to wrestle until Summerslam. Usually at House Shows they practice for upcoming matches/PPV. Looking forward for WWE to return to Charleston in the future!

Biggest Pops:

Undertaker

Rey Mysterio

Heidenreich

Mexicools

Christian

Eddie (Both Pops and Heat)

Biggest Heat:

Sly Grenier

MNM

Orlando

Eddie

--------

As for the new but familiar gimmick of a RAW worker (Heat Spoiler),

Danny Basham was announced on the Heat tapings as Damaja, complete with (quoted from a DVDVR poster who was in the crowd on Monday) "

a black robe similar Christian's old one, bondage pants, and eye makeup". Conflicting reports as to what he did, ranging from a 20-second squash to a 5-minute match.

------

And as for Birchill, (Smackdown Spoiler),

this is probably where they're going with Regal turning heel on Scotty.

Discuss.

Awesome news.

Regal can play the Heyman to Burchill's Lesnar. They can even bring back Jeff Hardy so he can be squashed by Burchill to get him some heat.

Then Brock can come back and we can have a three-way Hosses Who Can Wrestle showdown with Batista.

Does anyone have those Monster Moment clips that were posted ages ago with Burchill doing a whole bunch of flippy stuff. That was terrific.

Isnt it spelt bUrchill? This is great news. I like the idea of pairing him with Regal. I hope they let him retain his moveset, but I doubt it.

FWA have spelt it as Burchill and Birchill. I'm under the impression it should be Burchill though.

Cheers.

It's Burchill per the OVW spelling.

Burchill working House Shows doesn't indicate him being called up.

Burchill also isn't a hoss compared to the WWE guys. I'd say he's about 6'2" at the most. He doesn't look like a monster in OVW and that's full of tiny guys.

He also hasn't done any of his highspots in OVW, so he'll probably just be a generic British wrestling who's slightly bigger than average.

Guest *KNK*

If they wanted a british hoss, why didnt they sign Nigel McGuiness?

He's big, can wrestle, great comedy act...

If they wanted a british hoss, why didnt they sign Nigel McGuiness?

He's big, can wrestle, great comedy act...

Nigel is big in ROH but put him in WWE and he won't look that big. He's still awesome though, my favourite ROH wrestler.

Rey Mysterio or Christian for US Champ? Guerrero / Undertaker for No Mercy? I can only hope. :D

Here's the link to Burchill's Monster Moments. You gotta scroll down a little.

http://www.frontierwrestling.com/downloads/downloads2.htm

Holy crap, I saw the C-4 video, and that's pretty awesome. I'd mark out if the WWE let him do that (The one in the debut video, I can't see them letting him do one of those from the ropes) He'd be my new favorite wrestler with that finisher.

Wow, one of my long shot predictions may actually come true.

If he does debut, he needs something very similar to the music from the Monster Moments clips as his entrance theme: the slow, Big Ben bell tolls and the intimidating guitar riff. Of course, Undertaker might have a problem with the bells.

And the C-4 is perhaps the most insane, non-headdropping ground spot I have witnessed.

Here's the link to Burchill's Monster Moments. You gotta scroll down a little.

http://www.frontierwrestling.com/downloads/downloads2.htm

I havent seen them yet, downloading them as a type but I know they will be awesome. :headbang:

I still dont get it why Jericho cut his hair. :huh:

Holy crap, I saw the C-4 video, and that's pretty awesome. I'd mark out if the WWE let him do that (The one in the debut video, I can't see them letting him do one of those from the ropes) He'd be my new favorite wrestler with that finisher.

Ive been dying for him to break into the WWE for ages. BUT they have to let him come in as is. That is let him do standing moonsaults, standing SSPs, the C4 and take to the air. Thats his gimmick.

Burchill is apparantly 6'4" - 281 lbs, where-as Nigel is 6'1" - 220ish lbs.

That sounds more like it. Hes heavy. Thats why the jumping around reaks of awesomeness. :headbang:

I still dont get it why Jericho cut his hair.  :huh:

*cough cough* HHH and Stephanie *cough cough*

*cough cough* Same reason for Edge possibly *cough cough*

As for Burchill, he seems promising in the ring, but of course, with WWE cutting out SSP's and 450's, his offense will probably consist of mostly restholds and a shitty finisher.

I still dont get it why Jericho cut his hair.  :huh:

*cough cough* HHH and Stephanie *cough cough*

*cough cough* Same reason for Edge possibly *cough cough*

As for Burchill, he seems promising in the ring, but of course, with WWE cutting out SSP's and 450's, his offense will probably consist of mostly restholds and a shitty finisher.

So your telling me that Jericho and Edge had to cut their hair cause HHH has long hair?

Burchill works being Burchill, i.e. doing Standing moonsaults, Standing SSPs, Rolling Samoan Crushes, Suicide Dives, Toss Bombs, C4s, Reverse Back Piledrivers (for want of a better name) and all the other shit he does (including kipping on his head). If anybody is to be portrayed as a monster its Burchill. He just has to come up, beat the crap out of people (and for a change, a guy who does this can actually wrestle) and then let them be counted out.

From the descriptions of this guy, I think Brock is fucked. Any pictures of him?

Also, if you are English, 'Toss Bomb' is the best name for a move ever.

After seeing Brock in the WWE and a bit of Burchill from what I could my hands on Id say Burchill comes out on top.

/me gets ready for the shit to be thrown at him

I am half british :headbang:

So your telling me that Jericho and Edge had to cut their hair cause HHH has long hair?

Burchill works being Burchill, i.e. doing Standing moonsaults, Standing SSPs, Rolling Samoan Crushes, Suicide Dives, Toss Bombs, C4s, Reverse Back Piledrivers (for want of a better name) and all the other shit he does (including kipping on his head). If anybody is to be portrayed as a monster its Burchill. He just has to come up, beat the crap out of people (and for a change, a guy who does this can actually wrestle) and then let them be counted out.

About Jericho and Edge: There was a news item a few years ago about HHH not wanting anyone to copy his look. It started with Christian and Test, who also had long hair at one point, but someone in management told them to cut their hair because "long hair is out", yet HHH has still kept his hair long because of his political power and the fact that the McMahons like him. HBK has also avoided getting his hair cut because of always being HHH's real-life close friend.

However, Christian didn't seem to mind according to an interview a while back because he said he's able to fix his hair himself now that it's short.

Then, sometime after Nova/Simon Dean had joined OVW, Stephanie told him to cut his hair because he looked too much like HHH. This hair-cutting epidemic then spread to Shannon Moore, Bradshaw/JBL (except he wouldn't look right with long hair for the JBL character, of course), etc.

After all of this, HHH and HBK have still kept their hair long, obviously.

That's where I got the HHH and Stephanie references from.

About Burchill: I do wish WWE would let him use those moves and impress me and other wrestling fans with his work, but like I said, with the WWE style still being in effect and the banning of top rope moves like the 450 and the SSP, Burchill's moveset will definitely be watered-down like everyone else's, unfortunately.

I've never heard of Birchill before this thread, but I just watched those Monster Moments, and I am impressed.

Maybe if he's not a typical WWE hoss in size, they will let him retain at least some of that stuff? We can hope?

I'm impressed with this Burchill guy, but it seems rather unlikely that WWE'll let him keep the moveset, although it'd cool as hell if he did that C4 thingie on TV (it reminds me of a one-man Spanish Fly or that Flux Capacitor that Kazarian does, only not from the top rope)

He could be a nice addition, if they don't make him go all chinlock crazy, that is. And tagging him along with Regal is terrific.