TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TheSmartMarks Wrestling Radio Show!

Listened to the show, good job, you even seem to have a good voice for radio. However, I disagree with the idea of yours where Eugene breaks the Masterlock. They need to have Big Show fail to break it as well and pass out.

Needs more Alfdogg.

Kidding (obviously). I'm going to listen to it after work, but I think it's a cool idea anyways.

EDIT: Oh, and there are too many pinned topics on this page. Lets get rid of some!

If someone can find out what we can and can't place up there. I can place whatever MP3 files I can come accross, theme songs for wrestlers, etc. We could also possibly include them into the show as background noise. I know Mozart, betoveen, and a few other songs which are royalty free. :)

From what I've read up on regarding public domain, the lists are usually hard to acquire for Joe Schmo, which makes it hard to even identify the royalty-free music in the first place. Not to mention that we always assumed several entrance themes were public domain, but it may just fall under the "Fair Use" exception. For example, the Harlem Heat theme was always considered public domain, but WWE substituted it for a few home video releases in 2003, which means it is copyrighted by someone somewhere. Was it free to to WCW, while the WWE pays a fee to use it? It's hard to know.

My best bet is to purchase a PC Audio Compostion or PC Artists magazine which comes with a DVD-rom full of royalty-free music (500+ songs or so). I see those all over the newsstands, but they're utterly useless to anyone NOT in this situation.

If someone can find out what we can and can't place up there. I can place whatever MP3 files I can come accross, theme songs for wrestlers, etc. We could also possibly include them into the show as background noise. I know Mozart, betoveen, and a few other songs which are royalty free. :)

From what I've read up on regarding public domain, the lists are usually hard to acquire for Joe Schmo, which makes it hard to even identify the royalty-free music in the first place. Not to mention that we always assumed several entrance themes were public domain, but it may just fall under the "Fair Use" exception. For example, the Harlem Heat theme was always considered public domain, but WWE substituted it for a few home video releases in 2003, which means it is copyrighted by someone somewhere. Was it free to to WCW, while the WWE pays a fee to use it? It's hard to know.

My best bet is to purchase a PC Audio Compostion or PC Artists magazine which comes with a DVD-rom full of royalty-free music (500+ songs or so). I see those all over the newsstands, but they're utterly useless to anyone NOT in this situation.

1. Booker T's music is called "Rap Sheet" and is copyrighted (read the SD: Shut Your Mouth manual and look at the music copyrights in the back). The Hardyz theme, Crash's theme, Booker T's theme, and many other themes are not public domain, they are 'production music': generic music written, composed, and recorded for use in entertainment programming. One has to pay royalties on these songs if they are used in a commercial venture. Many companies exist for the sole purpose of writing production music and making money off of royalties.

I was under the impression that since there's no paid-for advertising on this podcast (nor is anyone paying to listen), any music could be used without having to pay royalties.

2. To skirt around the issue of calling people by their usernames, I'd just refer to them as "the poster known as Hunter's Torn Quad", unless you know that person's real first name. You need to refer to usernames or the show becomes one big inside joke where listeners who don't know the real names of posters will have no idea who is being referred to.

Good show, you repeated yourself a few times too many early on, but it's okay, and I hope to see more of these

DA other than the technical stuff, it was a solid show. But as Mike pointed out, guest spots by other posters would be good, possibly a post-PPV roundtable discussion on one of the big PPV's not SS but Survivor Series just a thought.

Have you thought of a name yet? Is it just going to be "TSM Radio with Dangerous A"?

The Danger(ous) Zone

The Morning Zoo on KCRAP with Boogerman and The Gang

The TSM Hour of Power

LOL at the Morning Zoo title.

The TSM Hour of Power is a little vanilla, but I am seriously considering The Danger(ous) Zone.

Also, as stated in the very first post, I have some original, royalty free music I plan on implementing in the next show to fade in and out of. I plan on building up a library of tracks to use on the show.

Again, thank you all for your support. I want to give you guys the best show I can deliver.

i also believe, at least in commercial radio, that audio clips of up to seven seconds can be used without fear of being sued. So that opens up the field for using things like Vince's "YOU"RE FRIED" and Austin's "What?" and other such things, if need be.

I just finished listening to the show this morning and I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the content even if I don't agree with everything and I would love to hear other posters on the show. It's kinda cool to actually be able to put a voice to a poster too. Maybe a few techinical flaws, the mic problem others have mention, but a really good effort for a first show and I'm looking forward to hearing more of them.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Always use more radio shows to listen to at work and I enjoyed this.

I think as long as you don't have Rudo and Curry on at the same time it would turn out alright.

this sounds cool, I havent had a chance to listen to it yet but will try to today.

another cool thing you could do is to discuss some of our threads here on the forum. I mean give your full view on a topic in your own voice.

Or perhaps you could answer some "emails" (or PMS more accurately)from some of us.

I'll give a listen and let you know what I think Dangerous .

Update y'all...

I have set up an email account on hotmail. You can email me thoughts on topics I've hit on in past shows or just whatever is on your mind. Try to include pro wrestling in your emails since the show is based around wrestling, but they can be about other things. I will read emails on the show if they are related to a topic I'm touching on or are funny and insightful. You can sign off as just your poster name, your real name, or anonymous, it doesn't matter. It's the content I'm looking for. Also, don't be afraid to come with a counter argument to me if you disagree with something I have said. Counter arguing will not disqualify your email from being read on the air. Also, don't take it personal if your email doesn't make it on the show.

I will probrably integrate pertinent emails for topics into my topic segments and save the final segment of the show for just a barrage of emails ranging in topics. Again, don't be afraid to shill or pimp whatever in your emails. Creativity is encouraged.

Your email address for the show is: Radio at TheSmartMarks.com

Thank you for your support...

DA

I've got a new show recorded, however, I've had some mic issues and need to edit/re-record some spots on the show. I'm hoping to have it up sometime in the next 24 hours. Topics that will be touched upon..

TNA Sacrifice PPV thoughts (fresh from being watched!)

WWE Summerslam; what is working and what is not working

Bret Hart agrees to work with WWE on a project

DA

Sign in to follow this