TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

A way to turn Eugene heel

A lot here think Eugene's heel turn will end up him revealing he was faking the whole time. But I have an alternate idea. We know Eugene's character is facinated with old school characters. So what if after a particular bad incident that mentally scars him, or say if the fans start to turn on him, he suffers an emotional breakdown and assumes the character of.....Doink!

The Doink everyone here likes the best, the sadistic, evil clown Doink played by journeyman and all around solid wrestler Matt Bourne. From all reports Dinsmore is a decent solid wrestler, and if allowed to play the role like this, maybe even take the Sadistic clown to another level, I think it would work. I've always wanted to see Doink standing over a bloody, beaten opponant, blood on his hands, laughing maniachly.

Hell with Dinsmore hair he could just dye it green, no wig needed.

Guest Brian

Just give him a good heel manager and slowly have him reign in Eugene until Eugene becomes a wrestler capable of being out on his own in a non_retarded fashion.

But I want to see a crazy laughing clown standing over a bloody opponent making children cry!

There's not something wrong with me is there?

Off-topic, Rick Derringer is playing a free downtown concert where I live next month, who wants me to go down there and shout "Play Real American!"

Off-topic, Rick Derringer is playing a free downtown concert where I live next month, who wants me to go down there and shout "Play Real American!"

Apparently Rick is one step ahead of you:

http://66.113.240.221/discus/messages/25/486.html?1123728549

We are currently sending "Real American" to as many influential people and friends as we can. We want the song to do as much good as possible. Think of ways to get it either on the air or in the right people's hands...and make suggestions right here. Let's do this bigger and better than ever.

Rick Derringer

Think I have any chance to get him to play "Demolition" too?

see sig below, you know I'd love it if he did.

I would love to see Eugene somehow come out on top against Angle, but get attacked and Angle get the medal back anyway. Then Angle cuts a promo gloating how he outsmarted Eugene only to find that the medal is really a chocolate candy wrapped in gold foil.

I would love to see Eugene somehow come out on top against Angle, but get attacked and Angle get the medal back anyway.  Then Angle cuts a promo gloating how he outsmarted Eugene only to find that the medal is really a chocolate candy wrapped in gold foil.

I can imagine him doing that, and saying "But its chocolate".

Btw, keith6601, this is a ticket for signature gimmick copying. :bonk:

No. No Doink. EVER. Please AND Thank You.

That angle sounds fine without the Doink aspect. Just make him completely vicious instead. Perhaps even getting an old school manager who "shows him the ropes" of being a heel. Flair anyone?

I'm interested to see why people don't like heel doink, and don't give the time of day to it's mention. Great character. How come, Vivi?

It just represents that early-mid-90's era that I hated, a lot. The best thing from that era, IMO, was Waylon Mercy - especially when he was facing Doink on RAW and the crowd started chanting "KILL THE CLOWN!" :lol:

The best way I've heard for Eugene to be turned heel is if he takes a sick head bump which "cures" his retardation.

I agree. I think something similar to Cactus Jack's amnesia angle would work too.

I had an idea along these Doink lines but I dont' think he should literally become Doink. A creepy heel type like Doink might be interesting though, where Dinsmore shows a more creepy retard edge to Eugene and slowly but surely we start to realize he's a psycho who is doing a retard schtick. Maybe have him slightly break character with no one else around, give a creepy smirk, things like that.

Guest jac52

they should just have him snap during a match and have hime stay constantly psycho whipping out chair shots to all and sundry all with a hearty roar.

edit: (maybe i should have read the above cos that is what i want!) :)

Perhaps go with a split personality style character? [WWE Creative/On]

When he becomes the heel personality, he becomes conniving, evil, and normal.(normal as in not retarded)

As a face, he's an idiot. It poses a conflict. Get adulation from the fans and be an idiot, or become a demonic, evil person, but not be retarded.

[WWE Creative/Off]

Eugene could go heel by adopting various different old school personas in addition to Doink. I think the heel turn shouldn't come for another year or until the gimmick is getting stale, then have him start "admiring" old school heels. "Heel Savage" and have him abuse Hemme, "Heel Jake Roberts" and have him become sinister and psychological while scaring people with a snake, "Heel Flair" that cheats at every turn and has a couple guys that help him injure anyone that gets in his way.

Not to mention the countless other heel characters he could start emulating. Just drop the Stunner, Rock Bottom, and other face moves and go total heel ring psychology.

Guest 11and0baby

Have him do Edward Norton's character in Primal Fear. Thats how a retard turns psycho.

Have him do Edward Norton's character in Primal Fear. Thats how a retard turns psycho.

The only problem with the "There never was a Eugene" is, did he fool his Uncle Eric too? Or did Eric know, and if so, why the charade to get his 'nephew' off RAW. Plus, with Regal on Smackdown you lose the killer fued, which was the bond of friendship that Regal had developed with sweet & simple Eugene being broken and betrayed when Eugene reveals he was faking the whole thing. Can you imagine how much sympathy heat Regal would've got after of beatdown by Dinsmore once he reveals his true nature, it would've been killer.

Just one more screw up to add to creative.

So my Doink idea would be a good alternative, he doesn't have to dress completely like Doink, in fact it would work better if his Doink persona looked scrapped together, half-applied make-up, ratty old clown jacket, like I said green dyed hair, and a sinister crazy laugh.

^^ This might be too complicated - but you could always do the "Just Shoot Me" angle when David Cross guest starred as Elliots brother. He'd been apparently faking being mentally handicapped for years just to get people to do stuff for him. It was a really hilarious episode and if tweaked, it could work to be less funny and more devious.

But I want to see a crazy laughing clown standing over a bloody opponent making children cry!

There's not something wrong with me is there?

I would If I lived there. Of course youd also have to ask for the demolition song as well, judging by your sig pic

Hitting your head will not reverse brain damage, it might give you brain damage, but it won't reverse it. But this wrestling after all.

Besides Hell probably be fired in the next round of cuts judging by recent history.

I think the best they can do for Eugene is have him get brutally "injured" and everyone just assumes it's the end of the character and that the guy could possibly get cut any week now.

Months later, a mystery reveal angle is pulled which plays him up as an intelligent wiley heel after said beating.