TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

New Broken Social Scene

Yeah. The whole thing can get kinda overwhelming at times, I find. They let Newfeld go kinda nuts with the production on this one. Reign it in a bit for next time, if there is in fact a next time. Rumours are abound that the group is going to split for good due to a rift regarding Andrew Whiteman (of Hustle fame) getting all of his songs cut from the album.

the chaos is great. i'd been disappointed had the just did you forgot it in people again. i like as much.

edit: them breaking up wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

i don't understand your wonky vocabulary, but i enjoyed this album. i didn't get into any of their other two releases, nor do i consider them as great as most, but this album was really good. its supposed to be this magnificent 21st century power pop music, but it really doesn't come close to what weezer accomplished with the blue album.

Picked up the actual CD this week which comes with a bonus EP called "To be You and Me" which contains a few skip-overs but the money shot of the disc is the fast version of "Major Label Debut". Awesome track. Whomever lobbied for the slow version making the album is on the rock.

I was listening to "It's all gonna break" this morning while opening at work and my boss walked in right during the opening line which is "When I was a kid/You fucked me in the ass". He cocked his head like he'd heard something weird but didn't say anything.

I've listened to this twice now; the only real fault is that there's just too much going on here. Which is a shame, because these are a bunch of good songs, but all the ephemera surrounding them distract what's at its core.

I've listened to this twice now; the only real fault is that there's just too much going on here. Which is a shame, because these are a bunch of good songs, but all the ephemera surrounding them distract what's at its core.

like caribou. i like caribou, but it makes my head wanna explode

Fiest, Jason Collett, Kevin Drew from Broken Social and Apostle of Hustle all combine for one giant-ass version of Major Label Debut tonight at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto.

Fucking A.

Yeah but it could've been way better had Les Giraffes not gone way over their fucking performance time limit. The free show at Harbourfront in August 04 was probably the best one I've seen. 2 1/2 hours outside on a warm night by the water. Picture perfect.

I can't really decide how the album compares to their previous releases yet... but I have been listening to all three of their albums (and the Vashti EP) non-stop for the last couple of days, simply to prep myself for seeing them live in a month, and I'm pretty efficiantly "pumped up" on that. They're pretty much all I've listened to all week.

Aside from the Soft Boys. Wow, I cannot believe that I failed to buy any of their albums until a few days ago. My God.

This is all completely Broken Social Scene related, by the way.