TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Magus

Impact Taping

Credit: PWInsider and Richard Trionfo

*Samoa Joe defeated Jerelle Clark via chokeout. After the bout, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels came out and it was announced that they would both face Joe in a Three-Way for the TNA X-Division title on 9/11 at the Unbreakable PPV.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament bout, Chris Sabin & Shocker defeated Simon Diamond & Mikey Batts.

*Rhino pinned Sonny Siaki with a gore. Rhino cut a promo about NWA champion Raven. Raven came out and was gored by Rhino.

*It was announced that the winners of the Chris Candido Memorial Tournament would challenge NWA Tag Team champions the Naturals at the Unbreakable PPV.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament bout, Ron Killings & Sonjay Dutt defeated Cassidy Riley & BG James. James and Killings were in the ring together but never faced off against each other.

*NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals defeated Team Canada's A-1 and Eric Young via diaqualification when Petey Williams and Bobby Rude hit the ring. America's Most Wanted made the save but ended up brawling with the Naturals as well.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament bout, Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley defeated Shark Boy & Abyss. Abyss hit his partner with the Black Hole Slam, leaving him to be pinned.

*David Young and Simon Diamond defeated Mikey Batts and Jerelle Clark.

*Apollo pinned Elix Skipper (with Simon Diamond). Skipper and Diamond argued after the bout.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament bout, Lance Hoyt & Konnan defeated Kip James & Petey Williams.

*NWA champion Raven pinned Bobby Rude in a non-title bout. After the bout, Abyss hit the ring but Sabu made the save. Sabu tossed a chair at the heels at one point, but it went through the ropes and landed in the crowd. It didn't appear anyone was injured.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament Semi-Final bout, Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley defeated Konnan & Lance Hoyt.

*Shark Boy pinned TNA X-Division champion Christopher Daniels in a non-title bout after AJ Styles distracted Daniels.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament Semi-Final bout, Chris Sabin & Shocker defeated Sonjay Dutt & Ron Killings. They teased tension between Shocker and Sabin.

*Monty Brown fought Sonny Siaki to a no contest after Kip James attacked Apollo. Lance Hoyt hit the ring for the save.

*AMW's James Storm pinned NWA Tag Team champion Chase Stevens.

*In a Chris Candido Memorial Tournament final, Alex Shelley & Sean Waltman defeated Chris Sabin & Shocker. Shocker attacked his partner after the bell.

*They announced NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals vs. Team Canada vs. America's Most Wanted vs. Shelley & Waltman at the Unbreakable PPV.

*Samoa Joe defeated Shark Boy via chokeout.

*AMW's Chris Harris defeated Eric Young and NWA Tag Team champion Andy Douglas.

*Elix Skipper pinned Sonjay Dutt after David Young interfered.

*Sabu & NWA champion Raven defeated Rhino and Abyss. Rhino gored Sabu after the bout and they brawled all over. It was announced that Sabu will face Abyss at Unbreakable.

I was a little surprised that they're making the X Title match a 3-way. That's not too bad if it just sets up singles matches between them down the road. I'm also surprised they aren't pushing a Lynn/Waltman rematch. But you can't tell too much from these spoilers anyway. Jarrett's absence is appreciated. I know he'll be on the shows in promos or something, but what makes me happy is that the title match is focusing on the champ and the challenger. Imagine that.

Well, they just spoiled Unbreakable's X-Title match.

Daniels is going over, pinning Styles. The X-Title match had previously been booked as the X-Cup winner Vs. Daniels, so I guess they didn't want Joe perceived as a non-heavyweight title thread. Perhaps Joe/Raven could be in the works, you never know.

Also, I dig this Shelley/Waltman team, they should be going over for the belts, methinks.

The rest blows. Shark Boy over Daniels? Dear God.

Tentative Unbreakable Card

- NWA Title: Raven Vs. Rhino

- NWA X-Title: Christopher Daniels Vs. AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe

- NWA Tag Team Titles: Naturals Vs. AMW Vs. Team Canada Vs. Waltman/Shelley

- Shocker Vs. Chris Sabin

- Lance Hoyt Vs. Monty Brown or Kip James

Guest MikeSC

Now, what the show NEEDS is an overbooked mess as a ME and limited performers using plunder to cover up for the lack of actual in-ring talent. They also need to have the actually talented performers ignored by their fans while they chastise other people for not being actual wrestling fans.

Daniels is going over, pinning Styles. The X-Title match had previously been booked as the X-Cup winner Vs. Daniels, so I guess they didn't want Joe perceived as a non-heavyweight title thread. Perhaps Joe/Raven could be in the works, you never know.

I think you're totally missing the point of the 3-way. There's no way they're putting Joe in there with their main event title guys, it would make them look HORRIBLE.

They're delaying the payoff to the Joe push until Bound For Glory, while still keeping him unpinned. After the response to Joe working in the X division on Sunday, they sure as hell aren't moving him out of it.

Here's how I see this playing out:

1) Daniels pins AJ in a 3-way at Unbreakable. Somewhere near the end of this match, Joe will have Daniels completely beat only for AJ to make the save.

2) Joe vs. AJ runs on the first ever Spike TV show. They could run it as the main event, or even as the opener to really wow people. Probably the main event. Winner of this match gets an X title shot at Bound For Glory. Joe wins.

3) Joe wins the title at Bound For Glory. Daniels goes onto other things, maybe a short program with Raven.

To me, the point of TNA making money on their "money match" with Joe/Daniels was to see the unbeatable Joe take on Daniels, who thus far has turned back all his title challengers and been seen as an unbeatable champion.

So they have 1 of 2 be pinned by Shark Boy, a TNA comedy act. Brilliant.

This is why TNA doesn't make money.

Joe won't go over at the PPV, further pissing off the fans. People act like "OH! Joe will go over on Spike or at the BIG PPV in October...EVERYONE WILL SEE IT THEN!"

News flash: People have to WANT TO WATCH the product to see it.

Here's how I see this playing out:

1) Daniels pins AJ in a 3-way at Unbreakable. Somewhere near the end of this match, Joe will have Daniels completely beat only for AJ to make the save.

2) Joe vs. AJ runs on the first ever Spike TV show. They could run it as the main event, or even as the opener to really wow people. Probably the main event. Winner of this match gets an X title shot at Bound For Glory. Joe wins.

3) Joe wins the title at Bound For Glory. Daniels goes onto other things, maybe a short program with Raven.

I can see a scenario like this playing out as well. And I don't think TNA can do any better for a feature match on the first Impact then having Joe and Styles go at it for 10 or even 15 minutes (I think 10 is more realistic for the TV show, even if they don't import the time limits).

Guest BrokenWings

Okay, so, what's the point in having two seperate tournament to see who the number one contender(s) are, only to add another person/team?

Doesn't that void the point of both entire tournaments?

Christ.

Some of the booking here is baffling, but it seems like every month the results sound bad on paper but turn out just fine on TV. The booking of the Candido tourmanent leaves much to be desired to me, though. Those teams are just plain weak, anyway you slice it.

Making the X match a three way makes sense as it doesnt end the "story" of Joe winning the title until the big show in October. But it makes no sense to give Styles another shot since he lost to Joe last ppv. The result of the three way seems obvious with AJ losing, but that kind of damages him since he's been really out of the loop and without purpose lately and that certainly wont help him. So not sure what the best idea is to do here in this - maybe AJ actually beating Joe? And then Daniels beats Styles on the first Impact on Spike, and Joe beats Daniels at Bound for Glory? I know it would hurt to have Joe lose before he wins the title, but there are some variables to consider here.

The undercard for the next ppv seems most definately weaker than the last ppv. Sabin v. Shocker might be solid though.

Waltman/Shelley sounds like a kickass team. I agree they should get the belts. I can see Team Canada getting eliminated first, then AMW get beat by The Naturals. Storm and Harris lick their wounds and then come back to lay waste to the Naturals, and leave them easy prey for Waltman/Shelley.

The Daniels/AJ/Joe thing is OK by me. I can see Daniels winning by virtue of beating AJ, and then saying "I beat two men", then Joe can come out and say "You beat AJ...you didn't beat me." Sets up Bound For Glory, or maybe even the first Spike show (having a major title change hands on it is a good way to get a buzz) quite nicely.

I think it'll be Hoyt vs. James at the PPV, because they want to rebuild Brown, and they'll need something new for James to do during the NAO reunion holdover.

Hopefully heel Shocker is better than bland TNA babyface Shocker.

*Shark Boy pinned TNA X-Division champion Christopher Daniels

Fuck, just when I thought TNA was improving within the last few months. Is TNA trying to turn Daniels into Jericho or something?

Thanks to a distraction.

What's the big fucking deal? I refuse to believe that something like this matters to the marks. As long as he's continued to be built up strong, it doesn't matter.

Here's more detailed results:

These are the results from TNA impact Tapings from Universal Studios to air online and where Xplosion used to be viewed. Not a shock this wasn't the crowd like for the PPV. The big screen that usually sat above a rampway was removed. During this taping is the Chris Candido Memorial Cup Tournament, with a veteran wrestler teaming with a younger star of TNA, lethal lottery style. According to Borash the winner would fight the NWA World Tag Team champions, at this moment the Naturals. No Jeff Jarrett unless he did some pre-tapes, plus no Traci Brooks or Matt Bentley. We already know Raven vs. Rhino is the main event of the "Unbreakable" PPV. Let's find out what else will happen on September 11th.

HOUR ONE RESULTS

(1) 2005 Super X Cup winner Samoa Joe defeated "Mr. 630" Jerrelle Clark. At the bell Joe went to the mat and didn't let up until he set Clark up for the facewash and the Ole' kick. Chest chops followed but Joe missed a corner elbow and this allowed Clark to get some offense until he missed a moonsault. Joe hit a senton bomb for two. Clark went for a slingshot move but Joe caught him into an STO. This was followed by the Muscle Buster and the Kokina Clutch for a submission. After the bell Christopher Daniels ran out and attacked Joe with two shots of the X title to the back. It didn't look good for Daniels or Joe when AJ Styles ran out and attacked both men.

(2) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 1st Round match: "The Future" Chris Sabin & "1000% Guapo" Shocker defeated Simon Diamond & Mikey Batts. Sabin and Batts traded wristlocks but Sabin took control with a dropkick to Batts' face. Shocker came in to aid for a double team corner move on Batts and Diamond ended up in Batts' crotch, I am not kidding. Sabin went to attack Diamond on the floor but it backfired as Sabin's face met the canvas. Batts and Shocker soon followed to the floor. The action came back to the ring with Shocker still attacking Batts. Sabin rejoined the offense in time for Diamond to trip him up when he got near the ropes. Diamond finally tagged in to work over Sabin. Batts and Diamond worked over Sabin but didn't get the pin even after being hit with the "Simon Series". Sabin fought back and got enough space to tag out to Shocker. Shocker hit Batts with a sitout power bomb but Diamond saved him. Sabin tagged in and hit Batts with the Cradle Shock to advance. After the match Diamond shoved Batts down to the mat showing his disgust for the youngster.

(3) The #1 contender to NWA World Heavyweight championship, Rhino defeated Sonny Siaki (w/Apolo). Rhino got a huge pop from the fans, so much for the heel push. Siaki took over on Rhino early on until he ran into an elbow. Rhino set him for a power bomb but dropped him face first on the turnbuckle. Siaki fought back with some punches but got kicked in the head by Rhino. Rhino took Siaki to the mat with a chinlock but couldn't get the submission. Siaki fought back with a leg lariat and a slam but it was the GORE that ended the match. After the match Rhino spoke to the fans and Raven. He repeated the word Gore three times and then told Raven the Gore was coming along with blood in his future. He said wanted Raven right now and big shock Raven came out on the rampway to wax on poetry style. But the TNA security didn't allow them to fight. That didn't stop Rhino who got the GORE on Raven.

(4) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 1st round match, Ron Killings & Sonjay Dutt defeated BG James & Cassidy Reilly. Reilly and Killings began for their teams and it seemed Reilly was still in a daze from the PPV. Reilly tagged out to BG and Killings broke out into a Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo routine. Dutt and Reilly weren't amused but were tagged in the jaw by their opponents. Killings went back to work on Reilly. Dutt tagged in and hit Reilly with a Muta powerdrive elbow for two. Reilly survived and got on the offense. He tagged out to BG James who then hit his partner Reilly with a pump handle after Reilly hit Killings with a fisherman buster. This allowed Dutt to hit Reilly with a Hindu Press to end the match.

(5) NWA World Tag Team champions The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas w/Jimmy Hart) defeated Team Canada ("Showtime" Eric Young and A1) via DQ. The fighting began again at the bell, just like Sunday night. The Naturals isolated their opponents from his corner and worked them over. Douglas went for an armbar type submission but Young refused to submit. Douglas hit a dropkick and went into a chinlock before tagging in Stevens. Douglas and Stevens made tags working over on Young's arm until A1 went to knee Douglas. It backfired but Young's clothesline didn't miss the target. Team Canada went to work on Douglas' neck in the ring and on the floor for several minutes. Team Canada didn't get a pin or submission and they lost control of Douglas when young missed a second rope legdrop. Douglas finally tagged in Stevens who fought both Team Canada members. It looked like the Naturals won with the Natural Disaster but Bobby Roode ran out and pulled Stevens off Young. Petey Williams joined the fighting that went on until America's Most Wanted ("Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm and "Wildcat" Chris Harris) came out and cleared the ring. No surprise to this writer, the Naturals had words with AMW and the fighting began again even as Jimmy Hart begged his team to stop. TNA security and officials finally came out to end the melee.

HOUR TWO RESULTS

(1) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 1st round match, "Syxx-Pac" Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley defeated Shark Boy & Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell). Talk about weird tag teams, this might have taken the cake, especially since Shelley and Abyss were tag team partners under Goldilocks. Shelley and Shark began mat wrestling with neither man getting an advantage until Shark bit Shelley's ass. Waltman tagged in and took over on Shark with slams and legdrops. Waltman missed a clothesline and Shark rolled him up for two. Waltman and Shelley double teamed Shark as Shelley corner whipped Waltman, who hit the Bronco Buster. Abyss saw enough, came in and chokeslammed both men to the mat. Then for no reason, Abyss hit Shark Boy with the Black Hole Slam. This allowed Shelley and Waltman to advance.

(2) Simon Diamond & David Young defeated Mikey Batts & "Mr. 630" Jerrelle Clark. Guess Diamond asked for this after he lost the Candido Memorial match with Batts. Clark hit Young with high-flying moves like a head scissor before tagging in Batts. Young took over on Batts with an inverted sideslam/facebuster. Young and Diamond tagged out wearing down Batts as the Pit chanted "Mikey sucks." Batts got some distance from Diamond and tagged in Clark. Clark countered Diamond's attempt at a tornado DDT but he didn't avoid Young's clothesline or Spinebuster.

(3) Apolo (w/Sonny Siaki) defeated "Primetime" Elix Skipper (w/Simon Diamond). This was a mismatch from the opening bell as Skipper tried to take Apolo to the mat and Apolo tossed Skipper all around it. Apolo hit Skipper with a northern lights suplex of sorts into the turnbuckles. Skipper fired back with martial arts kicks and attacked Apolo's knees. A chest chopping contest broke out and Skipper quickly took Apolo back to the mat with kicks to the head and chest. Skipper went for a suplex and was hit with a sitout powerbomb. Skipper got to his feet faster and dropkicked Apolo's left knee. He followed with a moonsault for two but missed a top rope legdrop. Apolo didn't miss with a superkick and a TKO to win the match. After the match Diamond and Skipper exchanged some heated words before leaving the ring.

(4) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 1st round match, Lance Hoyt & Konnan defeated Kip James & Petey Williams. Williams and K-Dogg began the match with some chain wrestling until Hoyt came in with a corner clothesline and Konnan went Random Task on Williams and James with a shoe (who does that really?) James and Williams recovered from the shoe attack to work over Konnan. Williams or James couldn't keep Konnan pinned so they resorted to cheating. That didn't work either as Konnan was able to tag in Hoyt who hit clotheslines and sideslams. Hoyt went to chokeslam Williams but Williams got two dropkicks into Hoyt's legs. Williams actually went for the Canadian Destroyer but Hoyt countered into a chokeslam. James went to hit Hoyt with the Famouser but Konnan grabbed James by the ankles. This allowed Hoyt to recover and kick James right in the face to win the match. On the way to the rampway James mooned the audience.

(5) In a non-title match, NWA World Heavyweight champion Raven defeated Bobby Roode (w/Petey Williams). Rhino could have arranged this match to soften up Raven for their match, but then again I just type it I don't write it. Roode took over on Raven with knee lifts and right hands but missed a corner shoulderblock. Instead Roode hit the corner post. Raven went right on the attack, throwing Roode into the other corner posts, shoulder first. Williams got on the stairs to argue with the referee, allowing Roode to kick Raven right in the crotch. Roode choked, raked eyes and anything else he could do to try and wear down Raven. If that wasn't enough, Williams got involved. Roode tried to gain victory via the reverse chinlock but Raven fought to his feet, only to be sent to the floor by Roode. Roode tossed Raven into the guardrails but Raven caught Roode with a Russian legsweep. The action came back to the ring as Roode missed a clothesline but raven didn't miss his clothesline, kneelift or bulldog. Roode avoided contact and Raven ended up on the floor again, where Williams sent him into the ringpost. Roode waited in the ring and got two. Roode went for the clothesline to the back of the head but got Andrew Thomas instead. Raven hit the Raven Effect. Williams went for the Canadian Destroyer but Cassidy Reilly saved Raven. As the referee recovered Roode locked Raven in a half crab. Raven countered out and hit the Raven Effect to win. Rhino hit the ring to attack Raven and was followed by Abyss. The lights went down and Sabu hit the ring to save Raven.

Now for something completely weird, they brought out Jeff Hardy to toss out t-shirts to the fans.

Hour three results:

(1) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 2nd Round: "Syxx-Pac" Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley defeated Konnan & Lance Hoyt. Konnan and Shelley began with some Lucha style wrestling until Waltman came in illegally and hit Konnan with a spinning heel kick. Waltman took Konnan to the mat and hit a legdrop. Shelley came back but hit Konnan with a clothesline the same time K-Dogg hit him. Hoyt got tagged in but Waltman hit him with a spinning heel kick but the Bronco Buster missed as Hoyt kicked Waltman in the face. Kip James came out to the ring as Konnan and Shelley fought on the floor. This allowed Waltman to get the low blow and the X Factor to win and advance.

(2) In a non-title match, Shark Boy defeated NWA World X Division champion "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (t-shirt now available at tnawrestling.com). I am still holding out hope for Shark Boy vs. Curry Man. Shark got Daniels with a hammerlock but Daniels countered out and went for the mask. Both men had the other in waistlocks but Shark got a wristlock. Daniels grabbed the mask again to escape into an armbar. Shark raked Daniels' scalp to escape into a side headlock. Daniels got backdropped to the floor and Shark followed with a tope'. Shark hit some chest chops before sending Daniels into the ring first. This let Daniels get on the attack once more, working on Shark's wrist. Daniels hit a kneedrop for two. Daniels got a hiptoss followed by an enziguri. Shark fought back with a kneelift and some clotheslines. The ten punches in the corner were stopped so Shark hit a hangman's neckbreaker for two. Daniels recovered and hit the BME for two. Daniels began to trash talk Shark as AJ Styles came out. Daniels released the Angel's Wings and went for Styles. This distraction allowed Shark to pin Daniels via an inside cradle. Afterwards Daniels had a pity party in the ring.

(3) Chris Candido Memorial Cup 2nd Round: "1000% Guapo" Shocker & "The Future" Chris Sabin defeated Ron Killings & Sonjay Dutt. I am not sure if this qualifies as an x division tag team match but it was close. Dutt and Shocker got it on first, working each other with high flying tactics. Both men then tagged out to their partners. Sabin got in a huricurana but Killings hit a Powerslam. Dutt came back in and hit the Muta powerdrive elbow for two. Dutt hit a corner sidekick and a superkick but missed the Hindu Press. This allowed Sabin drop Dutt to the mat and to tag out to Shocker. Shocker went to work on Dutt with a modified Indian deathlock. Dutt held out and made it to the ropes. Sabin tagged in and continued the assault on Dutt's left leg. Dutt held out from submitting once more and countered out of a Shocker power bomb into a Famouser. He was able to tag out to the well rested Killings. Killings quickly got in deep trouble as Sabin locked in the Cradle Shock but Sabin spun into Shocker. Just when it looked like a fight was going to break out, Sabin pinned Dutt.

(4) "Alpha Male" Monty Brown fought Sonny Siaki (w/Apolo) to a no-contest, sure seemed like it anyways. Brown withstood the Siaki offense and took over with chops but Siaki fired back with an enzuigiri. Kip James ran out and attacked Apolo. Siaki went threw the ropes with a tope onto James. Brown came out and POUNCED Siaki on the floor. Next Brown dropped Siaki throat first on a chair. The referee called for the bell even as Brown and Apolo fought in the ring. James joined them and hit Apolo with a chair. Just as they prepared to do the same chair trick on Apolo, Lance Hoyt hit the ring to run off James and Brown.

(5) America's Most Wanted's "Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm (w/"Wildcat" Chris Harris) defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Chase Stevens (w/Andy Douglas and Jimmy Hart). These four have been feuding in Nashville and around the US for the last two and a half years so someone would need to make a huge error to lose the match. Storm and Stevens threw right hands at each other but Stevens sent Storm to the floor, only to see Storm skin the cat back and bring Stevens to the floor. Both men fought on the floor but Stevens got the upper hand only to have Storm hit him with a flying head scissor on the rampway. Storm brought Stevens to the ring and got a two count. Storm locked Stevens in the tree of woe and dropkicked Stevens in the face. Storm's second kick missed Stevens and met the ring post. Stevens came off the corner with a moonsault for two. Stevens went for a rollup but Storm got out and hit a sidekick in Stevens' temple for two. Storm hit some chest chops and went for the 8 second ride but Stevens countered and Storm with a straight jacket slam for two. Storm recovered and went for a power bomb but Stevens countered into a DVD for two. Stevens looked like he was going for a piledriver but Storm backdropped him and got two. Stevens hit a dropkick but couldn't cover Storm. Both men traded right hand punches and hit the other with a cross body block. This left both men once again at square one. Once they both got to their feet they hit each other with superkicks. Harris used some trickery to get his partner the pin, despite Jimmy Hart telling the referee what transpired.

HOUR FOUR RESULTS

(1) In the finals of the Chris Candido Memorial Cup, "Syxx-Pac" Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley defeated "1000% Guapo" Shocker & "The Future" Chris Sabin. To begin the match Shelley and Sabin wrestled (Shelley told the crowd that was what they were seeing.) Shelley tried to attack Sabin's arm and Sabin fought back to tag out to Shocker. Shelley got in a forearm and tagged out to Waltman. Waltman felt he had Shocker worn down so he tagged in Shelley. Shelley came off the top with a missile dropkick but Shocker hit one of his own. Sabin came in with some kicks to Shelley's face. Shelley went the floor and the over the top rope leaping began as each man hit the other three with topes'. Finally the match came back to the ring as Waltman took Sabin to the mat with a chinlock but didn't get the submission. Shelley came in with two knees to Sabin's chest but Sabin got in some kicks allowing the tag to Shocker. Shocker kicked Waltman and Shelley in the face but Sabin's dropkick hit Shocker instead of Shelley. Shocker went to hit Waltman with punches in the corner but Waltman won by hitting the X Factor. After the match the fans chanted "Chris Candido" while Shocker and Sabin seemed to make up, until Shocker hit Sabin with an enzuigiri.

Borash showed off the new TNA action figures, apparently available at Walmart.

(2) 2005 Super X Cup winner Samoa Joe defeated Shark Boy. Joe got on the offensive but his Ole kick was stopped as Shark caught the foot and bit it. Shark went for the win but got hit with hard hitting Powerslam or STO (a fan stood in my way). It was followed by the corner Muscle Buster and Joe made Shark tap to the Kokina Clutch.

(3) In a three way dance, "Wildcat" Chris Harris (w/"Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm) defeated NWA World Tag Team champion Andy Douglas (w/Chase Stevens, Jimmy Hart) and "Showtime" Eric Young (w/A1). Young tried to mix it up with Douglas and Harris but they tossed him aside so they could beat each other up. Rudy Charles had his hands full as Harris and Douglas fought on the floor as A1, Storm and Stevens came to blows on the floor. Charles saw enough and tossed all three to the locker room. Finally some order as restored and the match continued as the trio of competitors beat each other up in and out of the ring. Young hit Douglas with a DVD but got two. Harris got back in but was hit by a Young dropkick. Young tossed Douglas to the floor and went up top and hit the legdrop on Harris for two. Harris hit Douglas with a bulldog and a suplex but Young broke up the count. Harris went to suplex Young off the top but young blocked and came off with a missile dropkick, which hit Douglas. This allowed Harris to hit Young with the Catatonic to win. After the match ended, Harris grabbed Douglas' tag belt and posed in the ring.

(4) "Primetime" Elix Skipper (w/Simon Diamond) defeated Sonjay Dutt. With Diamond talking to him the whole time, Skipper jumped Dutt at the bell and got a quick two count. Skipper took the match to the floor and threw Dutt into the stairs and ring barricades. Dutt got back in the ring and on the offensive until Skipper cut him off. Skipper was ruthless in his attack, maybe too much as Dutt hit a slingshot missile dropkick for two. Dutt hit a reverse enziguri and a head scissor. Diamond called David Young to the ring. The referee went to stop Young and it allowed Diamond to knock Dutt off the top rope. While the referee was occupied with Diamond, Young hit Dutt with a Spinebuster. Skipper followed it up with a fishermanbuster to win the match.

(5) NWA World Heavyweight champion Raven & Sabu defeated Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell) & Rhino. The fighting began at the bell as Raven and Rhino went to the floor. Sabu and Abyss followed soon after. Raven brought Rhino into the ring and tried to choke him out. Sabu came in and hit a Arabian facebuster minus a chair for two. Mitchell tried to get involved as Rhino took over on Raven with some cheap shots. Rhino and Abyss tagged in and out punishing Raven with shots to the head and neck. Raven withstood the punishment and avoided an Abyss corner legdrop. He was finally able to tag out to Sabu and his trusty chair. Air Sabu flew off the chair, onto the top rope and over the rope onto Abyss. Abyss got tossed back to the ring where Raven waited with right hands. Rhino went to GORE Raven but instead GORED Abyss. Sabu came back to the ring to hit a top rope Arabian Facebuster to pin Abyss. After the bell Rhino hit Sabu with the GORE and Abyss hit Raven with a chair shot to the ribs.

Like the previous tapings the stars came back out for autographs with the appreciative crowd.

Announced matches and guesses at "Unbreakable" PPV matches:

--NWA World Heavyweight champion Raven vs. Rhino

--NWA World X Division champion "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

--NWA World Tag Team champions the Naturals vs. Chris Candido Memorial Cup winners Alex Shelley & "Syxx-Pac" Sean Waltman vs. Team Canada vs. America's Most Wanted ("Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm and "Wildcat" Chris Harris)

--Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy (most likely done through pre-tapes)

--Sabu vs. Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell)

--"1000% Guapo" Shocker vs. "The Future" Chris Sabin

credit: pwtorch.com

When the hell will Team Canada NOT be competing for the Tag Team titles on PPV for once?!

I agree, they need to move them out of competiting for the tag belts all of a time and into more of a cohesive faction that actually means something. They are in desperate need of some sort of restructuring.

Regarding Joe/Daniels/Styles...

Would any of you like or object if they did a one night round robin with all 3 at BFG? In one night you get,

AJ v Daniels

AJ v Joe

Joe v Daniels

I'd rather watch these 3 go at it in this format on the biggest show TNA will produce as opposed to trying to squeeze in X division filler like Shark boy and Elix Skipper.

Regarding Joe/Daniels/Styles...

Would any of you like or object if they did a one night round robin with all 3 at BFG? In one night you get,

AJ v Daniels

AJ v Joe

Joe v Daniels

I'd rather watch these 3 go at it in this format on the biggest show TNA will produce as opposed to trying to squeeze in X division filler like Shark boy and Elix Skipper.

Sounds good, in fact I'd take that a step further and say that the three way match at the next ppv needs to be a no-decision of some sort because of that. If they do just a Joe-Daniels singles match at BFG, that leaves Styles in a very pointless position on that card. So this would be a way to keep one of their top stars in a major part of that ppv.

I would agree to a non finish in the 3 way at Unbreakable if they could give us a one night round robin scenario at BFG. That would guarantee I buy BFG for sure.

The round robin scenario does not determine a winner which is why it doesn't work. They need to do a singles Joe vs. Daniels at BFG. Styles could still play a major role in the PPV--either in a showcase X match in the "free" 30 minute section intended to win over the PPV crowd, or maybe in a singles match with a guy like Alex Shelley. Either way, I think Joe/Daniels is the way to go at BFG. Doing a RRC cheapens the importance of that big match.

Here's some TNA fan logic that actually has a point for once:

"Derrrr, look momma that there shark person done beat the bald guy!"

Mark logic: WELL WHY IS SHARK BOY NOT GETTING AN X-TITLE SHOT AND AJ STYLES IS?

Nice to see that the Super X Cup really meant a lot.

The round robin scenario does not determine a winner which is why it doesn't work.  They need to do a singles Joe vs. Daniels at BFG.  Styles could still play a major role in the PPV--either in a showcase X match in the "free" 30 minute section intended to win over the PPV crowd, or maybe in a singles match with a guy like Alex Shelley.  Either way, I think Joe/Daniels is the way to go at BFG.  Doing a RRC cheapens the importance of that big match.

Round Robin format does make it possible for a decisive winner if and only if one person wins or loses both of his matches in the format, but if each worker of the three just wins and loses one of their matches each, then it's a complete tie from that standpoint. Point is, though, is that it can still work out a deal, though in a format like this to decide a winner it would have to be booked very particularly though and ultimately one of the guys loses twice and it will put them down a step likely. I guess if it came to it, Daniels would be the fall guy.

Bottom line is Styles needs to be in a significant role on the show, and it would make the most sense to keep him in the X division stuff. Just having a match against a guy like Shelley on their big ppv is just devaluing his role a ton, or even being in a showcase X division match, if you ask me.

Guest JesusJuiced

A round robin works better with a title because if all three men tie, the guy who beat the champion can be declared the champion. Of course, if the champion loses in his first match then he's already lost the title but that can be worked around. In fact, it could be booked...

Joe over Daniels clean

Post match, Daniels is furious knowing there's no way he can leave with the title. Given his history with AJ though, he says that there's no way he'll let him with the title and will beat him later tonight.

AJ over Joe clean

Daniels over AJ, after brief interference from Joe, though Daniels does get a clean decisive win. Joe grabs the title with AJ looking on, knowing he beat him earlier tonight and that he should be champion.

Three great matches, three clean finishes and three guys who are shown to be at the same level.

The Round Robin is the kind of match you do once Joe/Daniels has already been done once. It is simply bad booking to diminish a fresh match by just having it as part of a series. There is plenty for AJ to do...honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they run an Ultimate X to open the show in that opening 30 minutes, giving AJ the win and a title shot the next month.

I don't know what AJ's role is other than to have good matches. That's what he does. TNA has made the mistake over the last year of not elevating X guys besides Sabin, Williams, Daniels, and AJ. It lead to a stale division. AJ working a great, competitive match with Shelley would bring Shelley up a level, something that should be done anyway.

Maybe AJ/Jerry Lynn vs. Waltman/Shelley for the tag titles. I could see that happening for BFG. Brings up some history and ties it into current storylines.

I could go for that being the tag title match at BFG...it's a compelling match-up that doesn't involve AMW, the Naturals or Team Canada. Definitely works for me.