TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Your 3 new Inductees into the WON Hall of Fame...

The 3 newest members of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame on the Pro Wrestling portion are...

The Fabulous Freebirds

HHH

Paul Heyman

I posted here instead of general wrestling because most of the inductees are currently under contract to WWE or are dead. (have no clue on Buddy Jack Roberts)

Thoughts? Comments?

While I know the HHH induction will not play well here, under the criteria of the Hall, he actually deserves to be there. Heyman also deserves to be there despite the fact he drove his promotion to bankruptcy. The Freebirds is kind of debateable.

Triple H being in is of course perplexing, but not so shocking given a few of the past entrants. Of course, to me, the WON HoF couldn't be more irrelevant. The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum seems to be alright to me.

As an aside, I thought a few of the HoF polls from the past couple weeks were rather comical. Thursday's in particular was something to behold.

Well you can say that Heyman at least innovated a different style with ECW...Bischoff however? Let's face it, the guy tried to destroy the WWF in the mid 90s, eventually did get the best of ECW by raiding the roster, and then mismanaged his own company and got canned. In other words Bischoff had a major hand in WCW's demise, ECW's demise, and tried his best to hurt the WWF. I can see why he wouldn't be in.

Since HHH was close to being inducted last year, I knew he'd get it this year.

Now do these guys show up and accept the awards or are they mailed to them?

Guest drdrainoscott
Heyman being there is a joke especially given that Bischoff wasn't even close to being inducted when he was on the ballot.

I think Bischoff not being elected has more to do with the people who vote then anything else. A significant number of voters are current wrestlers, and among them, Bischoff is terribly hated. They most likely aren't going to vote for him, just as those same wrestlers wouldn't vote for Shawn Michaels for years. These biases happen in other HOF votings as well, you have to realize, so it shouldn't subtrack any credibility for this one.

Don't even get me started about Triple H being elected. He is one of the most qualified inductees in years.

Yes!

JIMMY JAM GARVIN and MICHAEL P.S. HAYES!

I'm a Freebird

a proven winner

Been known to get down

with my buddies Lynard Skynard.

Get a hell of a future

A hell of a past

You mess with with us

we're gonna kick your....OWWW!

I'm a freebird now what is your excuse!

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS SCHEDULED FOR ONE FALL...

AND IS FOR THE WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP!"

"INTRODUCING FIRST, TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT OF 512 pounds, from BADSTREET, ATLANTA GA, THE GREATEST ROCK n ROCK BALL OF ALL TIME...

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS!"

DDT!

DDT!

DDT!

Just kidding.

God I hated Hayes & Garvin. But I never got into the 3-man team. Only Gordy work I ever liked was '92 WCW. Buddy Roberts looked like Playboy Buddy Rose's less cool little brother.

Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy were the backbone of the freebirds. Jimmy 'Jam' Garvin was just the guy who got lucky to carry on with Hayes

Ah you motherfucker you edited it!

Guest JesusJuiced

Bright side, at least Triple H was inducted with the guy who ruined his wedding reception and his wife's worst enemy. That might take the edge off.

Triple H has only been on top of the business for about 5 years now...to me that's not enough for Hall of Fame material. If Hunter's Hulking Honker is still there after 10 more years or so than I suppose it could be considered.

Heyman is a definite. He changed the course of pro wrestling for the most part, whether one would say good or bad, with ECW. Without ECW, you don't have WWF Attitude, or a different alternative to what WWF and WCW offered in the mid-90s.

The Freebirds were fun to watch and the team worked very well together. The team of Garvin and Hayes were never really the true Freebirds...nor was the joke of turning the Hardyz into the new Freebirds. Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, and Terry Gordy all made it work...they were creative together, colorful, and knew how to work the crowd.

Plus, I still mark out when I hear Badstreet USA blasting. :