TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaxPower27

Bandwagon Jumpers

Guest MaxPower27

I work with a bunch of them. They all said that the Pat's never stood a chance against a "better" Raiders, Steelers or Rams team. Then I won 150$ from everyone at the Superbowl and who's everyone's favorite team? You guessed it. The Patriots.

Anyone else have bandwagon jumper stories?

Guest Vern Gagne

At the old smarks. The place was packed with D-Back fans. What made it worse is they hated the Yankees more than liking Arizona.

fuck the yankees, breaking their own record for highest paid team ever.  Anyone anmd I mean anyone, even new yorkers who like the yankees, probably 40% are bandwagon people.  in the early 90's did you see so many yankees fans, nope.  Thats all I have to say

Guest MikeSharp12
At the old smarks. The place was packed with D-Back fans. What made it worse is they hated the Yankees more than liking Arizona.

Sorry, you're an idiot.  Very few people said that they were D-Backs fans, and no one denied that they wanted the Yankees to lose.  What's wrong with that?  People want to see something new, rather than the Yanks buying yet another World Series.

Guest hardyz1

I jumped on the 49ers bandwagon back in 1994, the season they won the Super Bowl.  Before that my team was the Redskins, and, for one awful year that I wish to forget, the Cowboys.  But I've been a Niner fan ever since.

I wanted New England to win only because I hate Mike Martz.

Guest packwingfn

I live in New England and All I see in school before the Super Bowl were Ram Jerseys all around me, Faulk, Warner...I hate it because NOONE even thought of wearing a Rams Jersey before 2 years ago, some people wouldnt even know who the Rams were, and now the thing is, after the Super Bowl, I see people who never even talked about football or never wore anything football/patriots anything football, wearing Tom Brady Jerseys, Troy Brown jerseys, it makes me sick!!! I even saw a kid who was wearing a Rams Jersey the week before, wearing a Patriots Jersey the next week...I hate bandwagoners!!   As you can probably tell, I am not a Patriots Fan but I do respect them and Believed they should have won because Noone believed in them and nooone gave them a shot, I just hate all the people sayin they were fans when they really werent. Stick with a team and Stick with them, No matter what!

~Go Packers~           Packers vs Patriots in 2002 reg. season, will be attending, will be the first time I will have seen the Packers, I cant wait! :)

Guest Redhawk

You think you have it bad in New England? I live in Seattle, where the Mariners have taken over the town. The thing is, everyone was saying how crappy they'd be when A-Rod and Griffey left, and now they're all, "A-Rod sucks, we don't need him or Griffey." I don't like the Mariners, and I'm not going to start just because they got good all of a sudden. Besides, they're chokers anyway.

Oh, and stop with the "Yankees buying championships" crap already. It's PROFESSIONAL sports. Everyone "buys" championships. Hell, even college teams "buy" championships.

Guest Jericholic82

I as a true Yankee fan agree with you (funny huh) The Yankee bandwagon people have ruined it for me cuz everyone thinks I am too which is not true since I have been following them since I was a little kid (and this was in the sucky 80s and early 90s)  I understand that people get tired of us winning and this year they all got their wish.  But if it was your team winning all the time you'd be happy that is my point.  Nobody complained about the Bulls everyone jumped on theirs and left just as soon as Michael left.  Just like the Lakers, theyd be losers without kobe and shaq (who they most definatley bought)  I think parking prices increased due to shaqs signing alone.  

so please don't insult me for being from New York, I live in Cali now and have to deal with the steroetyping and hatred all the time.  I will always root for my team later guys

Guest Choken One

I've always devoted my home teams but if it's a title game between two other teams...I'll go with the Underdog.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Hey you know, The Ravens Bandwagon has packed up and moved down the Road to Raljon Maryland to be a bandwagon for the Redskins.

Its kind of sad that the Ravens decided not to resign Sharpe, and also let Sharper and Jermaine Lewis go in the expansion draft.  Its going to be an ugly year in Baltimore. Loosing Marvin Lewis to the Redskins didnt help much either.

Conversely, The Redskins are looking like they are a QB/WR away from serious Super Bowl Contention.

They wont get it done without a QB since Tony Banks is not the answer.

Guest DrTom

My Ravens' fandom is staying firmly in place.  I *loathe* the Redskins, since SO many people jumped on their bandwagon after the Colts left town.  The local papers even covered them like they were the local fricking team.  I've hated them ever since.  

It will certainly be an interesting year in Baltimore.  Getting rid of Sharpe probably wasn't a bad idea, but instead of losing Sharper and Lewis in the expansion draft, I would have exposed some borderline players (like Brad Jackson, Shannon Taylor, Patrick Johnson, etc), then released Elvis Grbac, Rod Woodson, and Rob Burnett.  Coupled with Siragusa'a retirement, that would go a long way towards solving the Ravens' cap woes.

The Redskins aren't making a Super Bowl run this year.  They're a little too old and brittle on defense, and still have some offensive questions.  Besides, I think Spurrier will find that the "Fun and Gun" isn't quite as fun (or as successful) in the NFL.

Guest thevertex

I liked the Yankees in the early 90s when they were horrible, I have liked the Nets as long as I can remember, and cheered for the Giants through some very bad years in the mid 90s.

I do see the bandwagon hoppers a lot, seems to be most common with the Yankees, Lakers, and Rams. Well thanks to Baseball's economic system, it's possible the Yankees can be good forever, but it'll be funny in 5 years when Shaq is reduced to Ewing like levels and the Clippers will be contending for championships (that's if they stick to their current course and don't trade all that good young talent they have). And of course thanks to the Salary Cap, Rams will be rebuilding again in a couple years, and the Detroits, Carolinas etc.. will be powerhouses.

Guest Sassquatch

I have been a Lakers fan ever since I can remember.  My Grand dad and my Dad were Laker fans.  I stood by the Lakers during the "Dark decade" of the 90's and I never thought of jumping ship to another team.

But now the Lakers are hot and all these fans that were nowhere near a Lakers game back then, come into the games thinking they are the shit for being a Lakers fan and that they know EVERYTHING about basketball.

The bandwagon Laker fans annoy me to NO end.

WHERE THE FUCK WERE ALL OF YOU FROM '92-99!?!?!?!?

You were at home, cheerin for the fuckin Bulls!

The bandwagon fans give the TRUE Laker fans a bad name.  The bandwagon fans are the idiots who burn things down because WE WON.  

That is fucked up on so many levels.  We win and the "fans" burn things down as if the Lakers got swept in the series.

What a load of shit.

And now all the bandwagon hoppers are going to the Clippers because "they're more exciting", "the Lakers suck", "Shaq and Kobe can't do shit", "the Clippers will beat the Lakers and rule the West", etc.

My problem is that all the bandwagon hoppers are trying to become Clippers fans because of those asinine ideas.

HOW ABOUT LIKING THE CLIPPERS FOR ACTUALLY BEING A GOOD TEAM!?!?!?

Instead, people are turning to the Clippers for petty reasons with no real love for the Clippers who I am not afraid to say are a good team.  

But I still hate the Clippers.  

To say that they will dominate the West and win the title is just bullshit.

I can relate to all the Yankee fans.  I feel your pain guys.

Guest treble charged

You guys should have been at my school today.  After Canada beat Finland in the quarter finals in hockey, I saw people who I doubt have ever even held a hockey stick wearing team Canada jerseys and talking about the game.  It pisses me off that people weren't saying anything about them when they were struggling at the beginning of the tournament, now that they're in position to make it to the finals, everyone's their biggest fan.  Stupid fuckers.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

The Redskins' title hopes hinge on a lot of question marks (a tough schedule that includes Philly twice, Indy, Green Bay, New Orleans, and San. Francisco; plenty of free agents to sign; big-time need at defensive tackle, wide receiver, and quarterback; and the Skins' O responding to the Fun 'N' Gun when they don't seem built for it).  They could end up anywhere between 6-10 and 11-5, depending on personnel moves and how quickly they gel with ANOTHER new coaching staff.

The Ravens have got the same kinds of question marks.  Lots of player turnover, a new defensive scheme, questions at quarterback and receiver, and a tough schedule (Steelers twice, Dolphins, Broncos, Indy, and either San Fran and St. Louis or Green Bay and Chicago.)

Hey, Sassquatch, I was right there with you, cheering on idiots like Nick Van Exel, Elden Campbell, and GOD HELP ME EVEN Cedric Ceballos.  

Nothing pisses me off more than sticking with a bad team for years, and then, once they turn it around, be accused of bandwagoning.  Fuck that.  I paid my dues; I sat in pain through a good chunk of the 90's with the Redskins and Lakers, and now they're fun bandwagons to jump on.  Piss on that.

Guest Youth N Asia

The Patroits...I was rooting for them in the playoffs actually...Tom Brady played college football here, and if I had to hear the "Kurt Warner was bagging groceries a few years ago" crap one more time...well, I wouldn't be held responsable for my actions.

The Cowboys...I was glad that they fell and fell hard...I didn't like the idea of "America's Team" being loaded with crackheads and criminals. And like the "People's Champion" I don't like being told what I'm suppose to root for.

Same thing about the Red Wings here...in the early 90s and before no one gave two craps about them....all of a sudden they go from good to amazing and everyone has a jersey...hey man...I was watching from the days of Probert and Kocure #24 and #26 sucka.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Hey now... Van Exel and Ceballos RULED, DAMMIT!!!!

Oops.... heh.

Well, I can admit to being a Lakers/Bulls fan back in the dark days of the 90's. But now, I just don't like basketball period. It's just kinda fallen flat for me. Maybe I just need to sit down and watch a few games to get the old feeling back.

Guest Ripper

Suns fan for life here.  I cheered for them when they were against everybodies favorite showtime lakers.  I was still cheering for them when they traded Jeff Hornecek(I still hate them for that) I still cheered when they traded Tom Chambers(no freakin loyalty) I was still cheering when they traded Marjle for John Williams(dear god why) I still cheered when they traded Micheal Finley, and let Steve Nash go(Every true suns fan knew that they would be all-stars oneday)  I was still cheering when they gave Penny Hardaway all that money(sigh) I was still cheering when they traded the best PG in the League for Marbury(idiots) Cliff Robinson for basically nothing(no loyalty and they are still idiots) and I will still cheer even though they just traded Rogers and Delk.  I will always cheer the Suns because I am a true fan.  

You want to know how true a fan I am?  My fave football team will always be the Bills no matter how many stupid trades or moves(Or starters!!!!) they do.  I will always be a Braves fan no matter how many time they choke.  

Every Wizards, Rams, and D-Back fan that can tell me they were cheering for their team before a. Michael Jordan b. Kurt Warner/Marshall Faulk c. World Series will always be looked at with a questionable eye.  I just won't believe it.