TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

The Ultimate Fighter 2

That knee sure was beautiful. I was concerned just a few seconds later when Luke had gotten rocked, but he recovered beautifully.

Man, I felt bad for Sammy, but that actually put over just how bad he wanted it as he was crying.

Next week looks great and I'm glad that Luke's fights are at least exciting and we finally got a KO this season.

Dames

Man... that fight did for sloppy ground fighting what Von Flue/Gurgel did for sloppy striking. Exciting fight nonetheless, and though Stevenson is going to pulverize everyone in his path, hopefully Cummo will work on his ground game enough to cut out a niche for himself at 169lbs.

Sammy was really active on the ground, just not very smart. I'll take active over smart :)

Sam crying at the end was tremendous. I genuinely felt bad for him and Matt saying "I didn't come here to make friends, and I failed at that" was great. Very emotional stuff. Something that this season has been really lacking. For Season 3, they should really consider structuring their fights better, and rather than randomly set up the matches, have it outlined in a tournament format and use the challenges determine who fights when (IMO, they should have TUF 3 be purely lightweights, and the winner becomes lightweight champion).

Guest Big_Jay101

I found the spoilers and all I can say is the HW final is a big dissapointment...

I would love to see a Luke/Jason final, but I don't think it's going to happen. The sight of those two freaks beating the shit out of each other until one or both collapse from exhaustion would be positively Shakespearean.

And yeah, that knee was beautiful.

I think Luke/Joe would be the most fitting one. Luke and Jason are too similar in terms of being misfits, outcasts, etc. of the show. While Joe is like the popular jock. Joe takes out the rebel Jason and it's up to Luke, the nerd, to get the job done.

I would love to see a Luke/Jason final, but I don't think it's going to happen.  The sight of those two freaks beating the shit out of each other until one or both collapse from exhaustion would be positively Shakespearean.

Wait, didn't Bonnar and Griffin already do that? Minus the "freaks" part.

I found the spoilers and all I can say is the HW final is a big dissapointment...

You make it sound like the HW fights have been good so far. There have been maybe two highlights from the HW so far - Rob trying to guillotine Brad using his bad arm, and Seth getting hit in the nuts.

He Said/He Said...

Stephan:

A mix of bewilderment and disgust is written all over Matt Hughes' face. He feels Mike didn't give it %100 in there. Mike keeps saying that he is just not a fighter. Don't take Mike seriously; he'll be fighting again soon.

As for Rashad, he is as happy as can be. He took out Matt's top dog, and Rich Franklin is proud of him! Next thing you know, he's crying like a Leben. He can't go on because of his hand, but wait...ha, ha, the joke's on you guys. Suckas!! All right, you had me going too, Rashad. That's not funny man!

Jason, the guy who’s never had stitches before, gets cut again! This time by Keith, who says he's starting to look like Frankenstein. There is no trembling or tears for the stitches, just lots of anger. What's up with the super close up of cut? That's a first.

Interesting way of doing the semi-finals. Everyone gets to put their two cents in on who they want to fight. In the welterweights, Joe is happy go lucky, says he'll fight anyone. Jason is angry go lucky, says he'll fight anyone. Sammy and Luke express some interest in fighting each other. Dana teases Luke about his "killer instinct."

C'mon Dana, I'm sure Luke has no problem killing, or eating what he has killed.

The heavyweights all want to fight Brad Imes, except Brad of course, who wants to fight Eli.

The semis are set. First up is Sammy "Slim Shady" Morgan vs. Luke "Serial" Cummo in what should be an exciting slugfest. Ha, Rashad has to have Matt in his corner coaching him. How perfect. I was so hoping that would happen.

Luke is filling himself with anger, hate, and pain. He is praying for a bloodbath. It turns out to be a hell of a fight.

Luke gets the first takedown, but then gets reversed. Sam standing over Luke lands a flying superman punch to side control. Luke then reverses Sam. Luke gets a mount, and then Sam escapes.

Sam goes for the flying Sakuraba stomp, but Luke checks him in the nutz. Hey, that's the defense. They stand back up, and Luke gets another takedown, then a mount. I thought Sam was better on the ground.

Sam escapes the mount again. They're back to their feet and we hear Mark Laimon getting his right and left confused. Sam pulls guard and gets a full-on armbar. Talk about getting saved by the bell.

They did the grappling thing in round 1, now it's time to throw down. They start swinging and Sam drops Luke with a big right hand. Uh oh, here comes the killer instinct.

Luke recovers then makes Sam do the fish dance from a big right hand. Soon after, he finishes him with a big knee for the K.O. Luke is going to the finals. When Sam wakes up and realizes he lost he starts wailing like a banshee.

Can't wait for Rashad vs. Keith. It looks like a good one from the previews!

Forrest:

Ok here we are on day 34 and things are getting good! I told you they would. Well, except for the fact that I just realized how not so good the show’s intro song is, yikes.

Looking back at the last fight, Rashad did land some good hard shots. I like the way the show was very sympathetic towards Rashad’s hand, it made me forget the fact that it was Mike’s head that caused that damage. Rashad’s hand may have been hurt but his sense of humor remains intact, as evidenced by his broken hand fake out. Which, I’ll admit, had me wondering who they were going to bring back for the heavyweight fight?

This was actually a very funny episode. I loved Jason's comment on needing a bed in the back of doctor’s Hsu's office. Even funnier was Keith's (he got lines in this episode) comment about Jason starting to look like Frankenstein. However, the funniest part of the show by far was when Jason asked Rich how bad the cut on his forehead was, and Rich's reply was "I ain't going to lie to you, it’s pretty bad.” Despite all the humor I think that Jason will be good to fight. At least I hope so. I don't know if I can watch another Stevenson - Davis fight. Jason got fired-up about needing stitches again…Jason, relax, you weren't pretty to begin with.

The best challenge to date, asking fighters to articulate and explain themselves. Who do you want to fight and why? It seemed like a job interview. Joe Stevenson is the man. I love the way he broke down why he'd beat everybody. I also like Jason's interview with the guys. Jason was clearly thinking "don't answer it's a trick.”

As far as the interviews went we only saw excerpts; I wonder what really went on it there. Dana said that the strategies that they heard were not what they expected. Hmm, they seemed pretty reasonable to me. The only thing that surprised me was that Brad didn't come in and say he wanted to fight Brad. The match-ups were made, so we know how the rest of the season will go to some extent. It's great to see Rashad with Matt in his corner, now the two of them can patch-up their differences, lol.

In this episode, we had a Xyience moment but not a Right Guard moment. I felt cheated. Yada, yada, on to the meat and potatoes of the show; the fight between Luke and Sam.

Going in I thought that Sam could win it on the ground. A side note in regard to Luke and his pre-fight interview…Why is it scarier when someone calmly tells you they are going to be violent and have no mercy on you than when someone threatens you with a tough guy attitude?

Luke is going to pull a stick up on the way to the fight, I love the mask.

If I don't say much about the actual fight, it's because I was too busy actually watching it to take notes or think about what to write. Which means it was a good fight! The thoughts I do have on the fight are simply that Sam's super guard passing jump-punch combo and his attempted body stomp pass atones for his two missed judo head throws. Sam, sorry but you’re no Karo Parisyan. Both of the missed throws put Sam in a bad position he then had to work out of.

I did not feel like Luke was a technically superior striker to Sam; I simply felt Luke's tenacity and conditioning allowed him to pick his tempo up when Sam's energy lulled. Bottom line, great fight, nobody could ask for anything more. Sam, you impressed me with your skills at only 23. We will be keeping an eye out for you. As for Luke, from last picked to the finals, why that should be an after school special.

Hey, next week should be three fights, right?

Edited by starvenger

Hey, next week should be three fights, right?

Not sure how they are doing it, but three fights will be spaced into 2 shows - next Monday and Tues nights.

Guest Brian

I assume the Rashad/Keith fight will be on Monday, and the other two on Tuesday (which probably aren't as good as the first two semi-final fights).

Rashad is awesome.

Jonah did the whole faking bit better in Tough Enough III. He played it out more than Rashad did.

Even if he loses, UFC will probably take a look at Luke anyway, because they need guys with personality that can beat the shit out of people.

Guest Brian

Ratings News:

Both UFC and TNA had good ratings news. UFC did a 1.4 last night which is the best it's done since losing the Raw lead-in. TNA did a 0.9, its best number to date. It reads like a minor increase, but viewers per home skyrocketed Saturday night as did the key demos. UF also did huge last night in the key demos, actually beating what WWE did in Male 18-34 last week.

Even if he loses, UFC will probably take a look at Luke anyway, because they need guys with personality that can beat the shit out of people.

Well, considering every season 1 fighter got an TUF finale fight, and the winner of those fights have been brought back since, I'd say Luke will mostly likely be seen in the UFC a bit.

Guest Brian

Awesome promo for the Ultimate Fight Finale that Spike decided not to air:

www.ufc.tv/assets/UFC_FTP/diazpromo1.wmv

I plan on sending them an e-mail about putting this on the air because it really, really sells the main event. I wish they had added more Diaz footage, but it's still very good.

Hey, I posted that in the MMA Discussion thread bitches, along with a synopsis on why I don't think people are giving Diego enough of a chance. Although I also mentioned how hilarious I thought the streetfighter line was.

Vagrant hair? Are you a sixty year old white woman ;)

If Rashad Evans manages to beat Keith, would that vault him into the top ten HW rankings? I'd say that makes his resume more impressive than Vera's.

No, becuase while Rashad could beat on Whitehead, Murphy, Jardine, etc. for years without actually accomplishing anything, Vera would likely (and has already) taken those kinds of guys out with some ease.

And in regards to Diego's hair: Hey, I know how as a Mexican how hard it can be to train one's hair, but I feel like I need a shot just from looknig at Diego's nappy locks.