TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sluggo

Mick Foley talked about coming back to Raw

He was on The Radio Chick show on Sirius yesterday to plug his new book(what's new) and she asked if was going to do any WWE shows soon. Foley said Vince contacted him to show up on the first Raw on USA to do a angle. He didn't say with who though. Foley went on to say that he wasn't sure if he's going to do it or not. He wants his return to be special and mean something in the long run. I did capture some of the interview so I can try to upload it somewhere if anyone wants to hear it.

The host aren't fans so they asked the usual stuff like if it's real and that type of stuff. They did note that when Hogan was their show he stayed in character and came across as if wrestling was real.

He was on The Radio Chick show on Sirius yesterday to plug his new book(what's new) and she asked if was going to do any WWE shows soon. Foley said Vince contacted him to show up on the first Raw on USA to do a angle. He didn't say with who though. Foley went on to say that he wasn't sure if he's going to do it or not. He wants his return to be special and mean something in the long run. I did capture some of the interview so I can try to upload it somewhere if anyone wants to hear it.

The host aren't fans so they asked the usual stuff like if it's real and that type of stuff. They did note that when Hogan was their show he stayed in character and came across as if wrestling was real.

I'd like to hear it. There a number of sites you can to upload. I just wish I remember where most were.

If I'm correct this is the night that HHH is supposedly returning, if there's any truth to that article. It's also in Charlotte and the Four Horsemen rumours keep popping up or at least it seems possible. Foley would sell a Horsemen beatdown very well.

Guest *KNK*
If I'm correct this is the night that HHH is supposedly returning, if there's any truth to that article. It's also in Charlotte and the Four Horsemen rumours keep popping up or at least it seems possible. Foley would sell a Horsemen beatdown very well.

What's there to gain from beating up Foley to cement the arrival of the first WWE incarnation of the 4 Horseman (assuming it's the rumored set of HHH, Angle, Flair and Shawn)?

Foley, does sells beatings well but Triple H has torn Foley apart countless times, it's completely lopsided there.

I guess it's a safe move because Foley, as long as he doesn't overstay his welcome is always a sure-fire crowd favorite...but it's Charlotte. Ric Flair could attack Hogan and Austin in their absolute peak of popularity and They would still be up all night WHOOing it up.

It is at least safer and more logical to assume that they would do it on Foley rather then Cena, whose popularity and crowd responses are noticably decreasing and it's very possible the Charlotte crowd would completely adore a beat down on Cena.

Why would Foley agree to come back to put Triple H over AGAIN, get his ass kicked by FLAIR of all people when he turned down that program with Flair already...

Mick is a money whore. We know this and we practically love him for it, but Foley appears more intent on putting younger people over like Randy Orton.

In ROH; he isn't working the main event programs, he's working on the mid-card level with Prince Nana. (not as a wrestler mind you, simply an special attraction) If Mick was willing to drop down from the main event status in a independent promotion, I would imagine he would for WWE and try to elevate someone young and new.

Mick is always rumored and in "talks" to come back and half the time, It's simply Mick putting his name out there to make sure he is still relevant to the masses.

I'll up it in the morning since it's on my work computer.

I kept messing with the recording volume cause the stream I had was really low.

He's going to whore his body out again to give a heat injection to another talentless stiff?

Mick is a money whore. We know this and we practically love him for it,

I don't.

He was on The Radio Chick show on Sirius yesterday to plug his new book(what's new)

It's not just money, though. He wants a book plug on Raw, too!

This makes sense, though. Afterall, Raw *needs* the star power. It isn't like there's a secondary WWE show that could actually benefit from Foley more.

He's going to whore his body out again to give a heat injection to another talentless stiff?

Mick is a money whore. We know this and we practically love him for it,

I don't.

He was on The Radio Chick show on Sirius yesterday to plug his new book(what's new)

It's not just money, though. He wants a book plug on Raw, too!

This makes sense, though. Afterall, Raw *needs* the star power. It isn't like there's a secondary WWE show that could actually benefit from Foley more.

In kayfabe, he's a member of the Raw roster.

"In kayfabe, he's a member of the Raw roster."

He doesn't have a contract anymore, so that's irrelevant. Hogan's hopped from Raw to SD whenever the situation warranted it.

"In kayfabe, he's a member of the Raw roster."

He doesn't have a contract anymore, so that's irrelevant.  Hogan's hopped from Raw to SD whenever the situation warranted it.

He still has a bio up on the Raw roster page on WWE.com.

Please GOD can we leave The 4 Horsemen alone and not tarnish it anymore than WCW did with it's last version?

Guest JMA
Please GOD can we leave The 4 Horsemen alone and not tarnish it anymore than WCW did with it's last version?

I agree. There doesn't need to be another incarnation of the Horsemen, especially if any Clique member is involved. They really need to be kept away from anything related to Ric Flair or the NWA.

The problem with that HHH/Shawn/Angle/Flair Horsemen group is that everyone there is a top guy. The idea behind the Horsemen was that Flair was the unquestioned leader with the world title, then secondary guys like Tully, Luger, Windham, whoever would go for the US title. Then you had guys like the Andersons who went for the tag titles. But this group? They'd all want a crack at the world title, aside from maybe an older Flair. It wouldn't last very long.

Guest Fook

I think the Horsemen have run their course. At this point, bringing them back in any incarnation would like bringing back the nWo. It's been done too many times and the name doesn't mean as much as it once did.

I would like to see another version of Evolution. With both Orton and Batista on SD, now is the perfect time for some new guys to jump up. I see something like HHH/Flair/Striker/Masters working well. Masters and Striker are pretty much in the same position Orton and Batista were when they first joined Evolution, and the exposure helped them immensely.

I hate the WWE, any time Hogan, Foley, Austin, or Rocky show up it's always RAW. They don't even try and pretend like they care about Smackdown anymore.

Marty Jannetty showed up on Smackdown! and wrestled.

*grabs coat*

I think the Horsemen have run their course.  At this point, bringing them back in any incarnation would like bringing back the nWo.  It's been done too many times and the name doesn't mean as much as it once did.

I would like to see another version of Evolution.  With both Orton and Batista on SD, now is the perfect time for some new guys to jump up.  I see something like HHH/Flair/Striker/Masters working well.  Masters and Striker are pretty much in the same position Orton and Batista were when they first joined Evolution, and the exposure helped them immensely.

Does Striker even have a contract?

The problem with that HHH/Shawn/Angle/Flair Horsemen group is that everyone there is a top guy.  The idea behind the Horsemen was that Flair was the unquestioned leader with the world title, then secondary guys like Tully, Luger, Windham, whoever would go for the US title.  Then you had guys like the Andersons who went for the tag titles.  But this group?  They'd all want a crack at the world title, aside from maybe an older Flair.  It wouldn't last very long.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind if they brought back D-X, though. HHH, Shawn, Edge, and Carlito would make a pretty good heel stable, with Edge being sort of up there (they can bring the title shot angle back again) and Carlito the bottom of the food chain.

Maybe CM Punk is debuting with Foley? Because I remember Foley wanting to bring Punk and Joe into the WWE for an angle and get them a start in the biz. Its a long shot, but it'd be a great thing for Punker.

Guest *KNK*
Maybe CM Punk is debuting with Foley?  Because I remember Foley wanting to bring Punk and Joe into the WWE for an angle and get them a start in the biz.  Its a long shot, but it'd be a great thing for Punker.

I would love that but the odds Vince and Stephanie will allow a new guy who isn't a 3rd generation name, a 6'6 hoss or a already established star(i.e Benoit in 2000) get such a push out the gate are unlikely.