TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

Favorite Rock Moment

The "What?" stuff in my view killed Austin's career. It really destroyed his face run after that Series show because all he would do is these annoying "What?" promos with stalling.

I think my all time favorite Rock moment was the WM 14 Gennifer Flowers interview where he said to keep the homeless trash of his palacial estate in Miami.

that reminds me, and forgive me for slightly steering this thread off subject, but how many people have lost an IC/US title and then gone on to win the world title in just a manner of months?  Rock lost to HHH here at Summerslam 98 then won the world title at Suvivor Series 98....Steve Austin lost the IC belt, when, december 97 only to turn around and win the world title a few months later....seems weird that a fued loser would go on to win the world title (okay I guess one was a tournament win while the other was a result of a Rumble win)...

Bret Hart in 1992 -- only a one month turnaround, I think.

HBK in 1995 -- lost the title in September (?) and beat Bret for the world belt at WM12.

Not quite the same, but Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg were still the secondary belt holder when they won the world title.

And Randy Savage was just coming off a failed bid to take Honky Tonk Man's IC title when he won the world title tournament at WM4 two months later.

Didn't Cena do this too?

Everything The Rock did was pretty damn funny, but the one promo that sticks out in my mind the most was when he and Jericho were making fun of Stephanie McMahon, Rhyno and Booker T on one edition of Raw before Summerslam. He and Jericho were great on the mic and that combo that night threw out some of the funniest lines I've heard.

Everything The Rock did was pretty damn funny, but the one promo that sticks out in my mind the most was when he and Jericho were making fun of Stephanie McMahon, Rhyno and Booker T on one edition of Raw before Summerslam. He and Jericho were great on the mic and that combo that night threw out some of the funniest lines I've heard.

I still remember that segment. That was the funniest segment I think I can possibly remember. Stephanie got ripped apart six ways to Sunday.

"I'm gonna take care of that smelly, greasy, nasty animal... and I'm gonna get you too Rhyno."

Yeah, that's a Jericho quote... but it's fucking awesome.

Guest goar

Do you have any idea how much this is making me miss Rock?

I couldn't understand what the big deal was with Rock as he started getting popular, but I remember a promo following the ladder match vs. Triple H. Talking about climbing damn rung by damn rung and Chyna hitting him in the People's Jewels and I suddenly got the character and marked out for just about every promo since.

I was at the Raw with WCW phrases (which also had a great line from Shawn Michaels about Triple H, "oh I forgot you've never been a main eventer you only hang out with them"). I've always loved the Jericho promo and the Jackpot promo. I'd forgotten about the Praying Billy Gunn promo. And of course 03 heel Rock was the only reason to watch Raw.

about HHH "Here's a guy who looks like Tarzan and wrestles like Jane"

Didn't JBL use this same expression to describe Batista after he won the Royal Rumble?

I couldn't understand what the big deal was with Rock as he started getting popular, but I remember a promo following the ladder match vs. Triple H. Talking about climbing damn rung by damn rung and Chyna hitting him in the People's Jewels and I suddenly got the character and marked out for just about every promo since.

That was a great promo. This must have been during the same promo, but I'm not sure. He was in the ring with a ladder and Chyna was in the ring with him, The Nation had locked D-X in their dressing room by driving some forklift in front of the door.

He's in the ring ragging on Chyna and he goes, "Now Chyna The Rock knows that when you look like that, things must get lonely. The Rock knows you need it bad honey and when you wake up feeling all hot and sweaty at 1:00 AM, The Rock is just the man to give it to you if you smell what the Rock is cookin'".

She goes all nuts and tries to attack him but the Nation pulls her back and holds her down. Rock says he's going to kiss her, he leans down and gets about an inch from her lips and goes "on second thought, The Rock would never.. and The Rock means NEVER, kiss a piece of trash like you"

"Let the Rock take out his magical, invisible crystal ball. He sees Edge...he sees Christian...good news, you're still WWF tag team champions - but hold on, it's a little foggy....ah there it is, clear as crystal. It's a picture of the Rock whipping both your monkey asses all over Louisville!" -- The Rock to E&C

"Well, Bob..."

"But my name is Billy!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS...!!!!"

"Somebody got a haircut!"

I liked Rock sticking up for Foley, threatening to have the entire roster walk if HHH/Stephanie didn't reinstate him.

I also liked Rock putting over Benoit like 2 weeks after his WWF debut.

I also liked Rock's WM 2000 promo..."After every chairshot, every backstab, every pedigree, every chokeslam, every twist and turn, every city, every table, everything...I say it was worth it all just to say...FINALLY, The Rock has come back to WRESTLE MANIA!"

Guest DVD Spree

Monotone, smartass, sideburns-wearing-Rock = OWNAGE

Post-Hollywood, cheese-peddling, range-demonstrating kitsch Rock = TEH SUCK

I can't say I ever got tired of Rocky, but then again, I don't mind face Jericho, either.

The Jabroni Jackpot one was gold.

Was that the same one where he mocked Austin, going "And Stone Cold is going to get a couple of Stevewisers, go to his pickup truck, and listen to some Backstreet Boys. Oh hell yeah!"?

An interview on raw where he was talking about Jericho's family, and starting making up people like Jimmy Jack Jericho. Also when he turned heel and said how the crowd booed him against Hogan and started shouting "YES YOU DID! YES YOU DID!"

The Gennifer Flowers interview was my favorite. She asked him how he felt about the judicial system and he said in the Rock's judicial system, The Rock is the judge, the jury and the excecutioner, and 9 out of 10 times its a hung jury if you smell what The Rock is cookin. I'm not sure if it was the same interview or another promo but the Rock was tellin the millions of his fans how he felt about world hunger and said as long as their is a nice juicy fish fillet on his plate The Rock doesn't give a damn about world hunger

Guest jenzie

thouroughly enjoyed THE ROCK getting pinned under the forklift by MANKIND in that superbowl halftime "dark match" .....

and didn't THE ROCK get superkicked by special referee SHAWN MICHAELS in his champ match against HHH in the very first SMACKDOWN, on 29th august 1999 (correct me if i'm wrong) .....

those were hilarious :lol:

oh wait, you mean when THE ROCK was doing the funny :lol:

heres a better transcript of The rock putting down chyna while the nation held her in the ring and DX was trapped in the locker room. Raw is War-August 24, 1998 (Pre Summerslam Raw)

"Now back to you honey, The Rock sees you looking at him with those bedroom eyes. Chyna, that warm, fuzzy feeling you have in your stomach, don't worry it'll go away, it's natural. The Rock knows you're a frustrated woman. The Rock also knows you're a very tense woman each and every time you get around The Rock. Hell he doesn't blame you for one single solitary second. So The Rock has come to one conclusion Chyna and that conclusion is this...You just need to get some (JR: "She's not an intern, show a little more respect there Rock") And Chyna, honey if you're lucky, about 1:30, 2:00 in the morning, later tonight, The Rock is just the man to give it to ya, if you smell what The Rock is cooking. (Chyna rushes towards Rock, who is on top of a ladder, but is pulled back by Mark Henry who along with Owen and D-Lo restrains her) I tell you what Chyna, put her down on her knees where she belongs. I tell you what, you look pretty damn good on your knees Chyna, it almost looks like a natural position. Chyna it's been a long time coming, The Rock wants you to go ahead and look at him, look at him with those hungry eyes that you have for The Rock. Chyna this has been coming for a long time and The Rock is just the man to give it to ya (Grab's Chynas face by the chin). So what he wants you to do is pucker up baby, shut your eyes, and enjoy the magic of The Rock. (goes to kiss but stops). Then again...there aint no way, and Chyna The Rock means no way he would ever kiss a piece of trash like you!!!!!!"

ALso loved when Rock would go to the announce table and do commentary during his Corporate heel run. HE would always talk trash then ask Lawler what he thought and tell him to shut up even though King was a heel too.

Examples

"You shut your mouth before The Rock slaps the yellow off your teeth real quick"

Rock What are you sitting there lookin king, you're not going to say anything to the great one?

King: Oh sure Rock

Rock:Shut your mouth you piece of trash!

Prior to Rumble 99 I quit match

"The Rock is going to take you down the line, English announce table, Spanish announce table, French announce table, Ho chi ming chow!, Chinese announce table, all the languages down the Rock's Rumble"

Prior to WM 15

"Stone Cold, The Rock has a little nursery rhyme for ya and it goes liek this: Mary had a little lamb... Well I'll tell you what: Piss on Mary, piss on the lamb, and piss on you!"

"It looks like a big piece of crap and your mom made love and out came your monkey ass"

and of course Rock's "funeral" for Austin after he threw him off the bridge (which is kinda odd after OWen died a month later and infact I believe this Raw was the night before The Columbine HS shooting as well)

"Dearly trailer park trash, we are here to celebrate the loss of the biggest foul mouthed, beer swilling, finger gesturing piece of monkey crap that has ever graced God's green Earth"

What did he say to the Ninth Crap of the World?

Any of his promos where he mocked HHH were great (like when he made fun of his promos "I am-ahhh the game-ahhh and for the next 20 minutes-ahhh, I'll be talking-ahhh and saying absolutely nothing-ahhhh!!!"

Yea, it's funny how HHH is cutting 20-minute promos about nothing back then, when they were bearable.

Who said 2000 Rock wasn't good? Although my favorite Rock is Corporation Rock and the tweener Rock that followed, HHH & Rock carried RAW that year.

The more and more animated Rock got, the less I liked him. Give me the "I'm better than you" Rock anyday of the week.

Also when he turned heel and said how the crowd booed him against Hogan and started shouting "YES YOU DID! YES YOU DID!"

That's my favorite promo of all time. "He said TORONTO! Yaaaaaaay! That's where WE live! WE live in Toronto! Yaaaaaay!....... Aw, shut up, you sheep."

I also have to add the Rock - Hurricane segments, those were a gold mine.

When he shoved McMahon's face into Rikishi's ass!

During his feud with Mankind, he cut a promo something like "Its like a really big ugly monkey walked down the aisle, went into the middle of the ring, took a crap, and out came Minkind!"

Also when he turned heel and said how the crowd booed him against Hogan and started shouting "YES YOU DID! YES YOU DID!"

That's my favorite promo of all time. "He said TORONTO! Yaaaaaaay! That's where WE live! WE live in Toronto! Yaaaaaay!....... Aw, shut up, you sheep."

ah ive got transcript of that.

Finally The Rock has come BACK, To Toron....Toron....To run his mouth, on all your candy asses. Oh yeah, The Rock is on RAW.  Don't start chanting 'Rocky' you gotta hear what The Rock is gonna say, then you can decide if you wanna chant 'Rocky' or not.  Oh yeah big surprise, The Rock is here on RAW, and why, The Rock'll tell ya why, because last night at No Way Out, The Rock did Vince McMahon a favour, and he whooped that red and yellow candy ass!  And then Vince McMahon did The Rock a favour, he said 'Rock, you can go wherever you wanna go, you can do whatever you wanna do'.

So The Rock said he wanted to go live Monday night on RAW, more importantly than that, The Rock said he wanted to come right here to Toronto, Canada. (huge pop) And then the Rock said..uh, wait a minute, are ya kidding The Rock?  Is this the first time you've heard someone mention your city? is that it? 'yaaay, he said Toronto, yaaay, wooo, that's where we live, we live in Toronto, yaaay' - SHUT UP.  The Rock wanted to come right here to Toronto because ya see, it was right here in Toronto, that it all started.  The Rock didn't forget, The Rock didn't forget because ya see the biggest travesty in the history of the industry, it was here in Toronto, that the people turned on the people's champion.  (mocks crowd again) 'oh no no, no we didn't Rocky' OH YES YOU DID, baby yes you did. Last year at WrestleMania, 68,000 strong - 68,000 of you MotherCanuckers booing The Rock outta the building.

(crowd chants Hogan) Let me just help you out Canadians so you understand - this is RAW, Hogan's on SmackDown, Hogan's not here.  We understand that, k?  Did you think The Rock was just gonna forget, that's what you thought? that Rock was just gonna let it slide? Is that what ya think?  IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK!  You don't boo The Rock - look at you, fatty, The Rock gets more pie in a week than you get in a lifetime.

But - there's one thing that bothers The Rock more than that.  It was at Raw's 10th anniversary, that the people did not vote for The Rock to be superstar of the decade. (Rock laughs) you, you voted for Stone Cold Steve Austin.    Oh yeah The Rock knows everybody loves Stone Cold Steve Austin, everybody loves Stone Cold.  yeah.. yeah, yeah well The Rock doesn't love Stone Cold.  As a matter of fact, Stone Cold Steve Austin is NOTHING, and The Rock means NOTHING, compared (crowd interrupts, Rock glares at them and they shut up) compared to The Rock.    You see there's only one true superstar of the decade, true superstar of the millenium.  And you know who that is? The Rock'll tell ya who that is - Toronto that is the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eyebrow raising, stronger than a bear, faster than a buck, biggest thing to hit Canada cos the Maple Leafs SUCK (fucking HUGE heat for that).

Oh you don't believe that? you don't believe that then maybe you'll believe this.  You see there's a big battle royal that's gonna happen tonight, and The Rock is just gonna toss his hat into that battle royal, because The Rock is gonna come in here, he's gonna throw all thier candy asses out of the ring,  The Rock's gonna win the battle royal, The Rock is going on to WrestleMania, and The Rock is gonna become your World Champion.

IF YA SMELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK.... (crowd: Is Coookin') Woah Woah Woah Woah, Time Out, Woah.  That aint happening, you were the first to boo The Rock, so you are the very first to lose that singalong priveledge.  No more, ya can't singalong with The Rock, no, no - no more.  So since you were the first to boo The Rock, The Rock (crowd chants asshole) ... Are ya done?  Since you were the first to boo The Rock, The Rock says this.  Hey Canada, Know your role, just shut your mouths, take all your boos, stick them straight up your maple-syrup-sucking candy asses.  The Rock, and ONLY The Rock, has the priveledge of saying this.... IS COOKIN'